Would you ever marry a bar girl? If so, why?

bob smith

28 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Good point but compassion to those that deserve it. 

I've known the guy for 20 years, he was middle aged when we met but he's always had the same bitter attitude 

Fair call at least you try. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My oldest Brit daughter did turn up in Chiang Mai looking for me a few years back.

She wanted to meet for coffee, but I blocked her from my email and didn't reply.

I feel sorry for her. IMO that was cruel to not even have a coffee with her. Do you hate her that much?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Me and my family have been living in the same house for 20 years now in Pattaya. 

I have an English neighbor who is elderly now. He occasionally asks me to accompany him in his car to go shopping to different venues because he's not sure about directions etc in Thailand.

He drives aggressively, always on the horn, I ask him why he continually sounds his horn, his reply is stupid Thais.

I don't like his aggressive driving so I don't accompany him anymore, he is childish, his attitude is poor, he really hates the Thais.

I've worked, trained and traveled to over 40 countries. 

I have found the Thais to be the happiest, nicest, most pleasant, friendliest people on the planet.

Sadly, I see so many negative, hateful comments from members towards the Thais, it hurts me to see this nastiness.

I know many Brits here in Thailand, some good ones but strangely most are the very negative towards the Thais, why are the Brits so bitter, they seem to think they are superior 

Did he marry a bargirl?  Otherwise, why is your beef with a neighbour relevant?

16 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Me and my family have been living in the same house for 20 years now in Pattaya. 

I have an English neighbor who is elderly now. He occasionally asks me to accompany him in his car to go shopping to different venues because he's not sure about directions etc in Thailand.

He drives aggressively, always on the horn, I ask him why he continually sounds his horn, his reply is stupid Thais.

I don't like his aggressive driving so I don't accompany him anymore, he is childish, his attitude is poor, he really hates the Thais.

I've worked, trained and traveled to over 40 countries. 

I have found the Thais to be the happiest, nicest, most pleasant, friendliest people on the planet.

Sadly, I see so many negative, hateful comments from members towards the Thais, it hurts me to see this nastiness.

I know many Brits here in Thailand, some good ones but strangely most are the very negative towards the Thais, why are the Brits so bitter, they seem to think they are superior 

Low self esteem. Most Brits are insecure.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Did he marry a bargirl?  Otherwise, why is your beef with a neighbour relevant?

Read the above comment that I was referring to 

If you're too lazy or can't read English I've copied pasted it below. 

'I'm an Aussie but sadly disappointed with the Brits, bloody bad attitude'

You're antagonizing me.

How many times have I read a comment on AN Forums that was slightly of topic.

Don't be so rude. 

Next time make the effort, instead of making a nonsense comment. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Read the above comment that I was referring to 

If you're too lazy or can't read English I've copied pasted it below. 

'I'm an Aussie but sadly disappointed with the Brits, bloody bad attitude'

You're antagonizing me.

How many times have I read a comment on AN Forums that was slightly of topic.

Don't be so rude. 

Next time make the effort, instead of making a nonsense comment. 

Nope.  Better to stay on topic. This thread has meandered into silly baiting.  Why not start your own thread about Aussies vs Brits rather than hijack this one?

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Nope.  Better to stay on topic. This thread has meandered into silly baiting.  Why not start your own thread about Aussies vs Brits rather than hijack this one?

OMG, I hope you have plenty of time being the AN Forums

'off topic policeman'. 

I wish you luck, I don't reckon you'll get much sleep.

You won't have any time for a social life either. ????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

OMG, I hope you have plenty of time being the AN Forums

'off topic policeman'. 

I wish you luck, I don't reckon you'll get much sleep.

You won't have any time for a social life either. ????

Thanks.  Just shame to see an interesting thread being derailed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes!  I have.

After living together in Bangkok for 2 years, had to move back to UK for work.  

Married there, 36ye ago, and still together, living in Phayao.  Now retired and hoping to make it to 50 yrs together.

No marriage i easy, but it can work if you both want it to and both try.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2023 at 3:27 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:
On 8/11/2023 at 12:08 PM, BritManToo said:

What if he's never had any friends?

Thailand has been my home for decades, I have a big family, I work on an offshore drilling rig, on rotation get paid a monthly salary, paid USD, occasionally working Songkla

BTW, working on an offshore drilling rig is one of the only jobs that you can work in Thailand with a work permit and get paid USD.

I have a big family and lots of friends, my close friends are offshore workers, drilling rig guys, rig pigs. 

We tend to keep to our own 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

9 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

BTW, working on an offshore drilling rig is one of the only jobs that you can work in Thailand with a work permit and get paid USD.

I have a big family and lots of friends, my close friends are offshore workers, drilling rig guys, rig pigs. 

We tend to keep to our own 

Working offshore in Thailand, compare to Europe? Cant imagine how it is ,when experinced british sector comparing the the norwegian. 

On 8/12/2023 at 12:04 PM, BritManToo said:

I avoid trouble/disputes whenever I can.

You could have laid down some "rules" before you met her:

No disrespecting you

be polite

stick to her and yourself conversation

no getting angry or shouting.

You reserve the right to walk away if she became stroppy.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There's always someone better, or more clever than us. We may not have met them yet, is all.

Growing up, mom and dad taught me that virtually everyone I meet is superior to me in some way.

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Look at your average expat, old, short, fat, bald, no personality, little money.

These guys are rejects in their own country, losers, failures. Even the younger guys, they've got something wrong with them, having a slight handicap or disability or just plain UGLY.

These guys come to Thailand because the females in their own countries avoid them, they're rejected. 

I chose Thailand as my home, to live here in my 30's because of my offshore rig work, it was taking me all around the world, traveling for work and training, my 28 day rotation, paid salary every month but I would have to travel on my time off, flying internationally once a month, coming out of Australia it was an additional 7 or so hours.

I said earlier, I've traveled, worked and trained in over 40 countries, having BKK as your hub is more convenient, saving me hours and hours on my time off, spending more time with my family. 

I met the mother of my children here in Pattaya, she was 17yo, we had our first child when she was 19yo.

Most expats here marry the woman that the Thai guys reject, the old smelly woman, as you say bar girls, the older bar girls are perfect for these losers. I'm happy for these woman, they've probably been having sex with 1000's of guys, since the age of 12yo. 

That's why we have so much negativity on these forums, the expat marries one of these smelly, old bar girls, then things go pear shaped, then he starts hating everything and everyone, blaming everyone else for his problems.

So many Thai bashers, nasty, negativity towards the Thais here, all because these miserable, moaning, whinging and whining guys made the same stupid childish, immature mistake. 

Be accountable men, you are men, not school yard bullies.

Grow up guys. 

The worst thing, the thing I hate about Thailand is some of the foreigners 

Guess you don't get out much, and living here for many years doesn't mean you do. A lot of foreigners never leave their villages and let their wives shop. Yes, most expats here are old. That's because you can retire here and find a woman younger than you can back home that will marry you. Most want money of course, so it's a trade off. If both are happy and faithful to each other, no problem. Many expats here marry very pretty women, and I've seen that a hundred times since I've been here. I did, although she is a narcissist and unstable., and I had to divorce her.  She is pretty though. She was as clean as any woman I've ever known. Thai guys don't just reject. They aren't held accountable for having children, which is the court's fault, so they just go to another clueless girl after the baby comes. Many expats do marry bar girls, and when the sh*t hits the fan, they don't understand what happened. Like I said, I didn't marry a bar girl, and the sh*t still hit the fan. Disturbed comes in many disguises. As far as being bald, that happens to millions, and to many, intentionally, and isn't a character fault. Most of the foreigners I've seen here are average to tall, so short still is in the minority like everywhere else. Many are fat, but many just have a pot belly because of drinking. As far as money, whet I've seen is that most are on retirement, and that's not being broke. I can only speak of foreigners I know, and the same goes for you. Many are nice guys, and some are quiet, and don't talk much. Doesn't mean they have no personality. No matter how long you're been here, you really only know a small fraction of what's here. It would be impossible to do otherwise. The worst thing I hate about Thailand is the prejudice, and that doesn't only come from Thais, as I can see.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Guess you don't get out much, and living here for many years doesn't mean you do. A lot of foreigners never leave their villages and let their wives shop. Yes, most expats here are old. That's because you can retire here and find a woman younger than you can back home that will marry you. Most want money of course, so it's a trade off. If both are happy and faithful to each other, no problem. Many expats here marry very pretty women, and I've seen that a hundred times since I've been here. I did, although she is a narcissist and unstable., and I had to divorce her.  She is pretty though. She was as clean as any woman I've ever known. Thai guys don't just reject. They aren't held accountable for having children, which is the court's fault, so they just go to another clueless girl after the baby comes. Many expats do marry bar girls, and when the sh*t hits the fan, they don't understand what happened. Like I said, I didn't marry a bar girl, and the sh*t still hit the fan. Disturbed comes in many disguises. As far as being bald, that happens to millions, and to many, intentionally, and isn't a character fault. Most of the foreigners I've seen here are average to tall, so short still is in the minority like everywhere else. Many are fat, but many just have a pot belly because of drinking. As far as money, whet I've seen is that most are on retirement, and that's not being broke. I can only speak of foreigners I know, and the same goes for you. Many are nice guys, and some are quiet, and don't talk much. Doesn't mean they have no personality. No matter how long you're been here, you really only know a small fraction of what's here. It would be impossible to do otherwise. The worst thing I hate about Thailand is the prejudice, and that doesn't only come from Thais, as I can see.

You're obviously one of those Thai bashing, moaners I pointed out above. 

8 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You're obviously one of those Thai bashing, moaners I pointed out above. 

I only bash those that deserve it. Prejudiced, narcissists, crooked police and politicians, land developers that destroy nature and rape the earth for profit, and it's not moaning.

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I only bash those that deserve it. Prejudiced, narcissists, crooked police and politicians, land developers that destroy nature and rape the earth for profit, and it's not moaning.

Aaaah, it's adding up now.

Are these the type of people who you have done business with or had relationships with. 

Sorry dude, I understand. 

BTW, don't be so angry, wanting to bash all those people must keep you awake at night. 

Forget the past, move on. 

Surround yourself with good people, you'll find your life will improve 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Aaaah, it's adding up now.

Are these the type of people who you have done business with or had relationships with. 

Sorry dude, I understand. 

BTW, don't be so angry, wanting to bash all those people must keep you awake at night. 

Forget the past, move on. 

Surround yourself with good people, you'll find your life will improve 

Everyone deals with narcissists, prejudiced, crooked officials, and developers. Look around. Surrounding yourself with those not toxic is very hard, although a good idea, because they are everywhere, unless of course you don't leave your home. Then, you see them here. And it's not only in the past, but almost daily. Most of us aren't rich and live on an island almost by ourselves, with all good friends around us. When the good eliminates the bad, life on earth will improve. For now, it's tolerable. Because there is good here.