Trump attacks ‘delusional’ Pence over key role in election indictment: ‘Gone to the dark side’

Social Media

image.png

Donald Trump attacked Mike Pence as “delusional” days after the former vice president was revealed to play a central role in the latest federal indictment against him.

Mr Trump appeared to be trying to do damage control on Truth Social after he was charged with four federal charges related to his alleged conspiracy to overturn the 2020 election and the subsequent attack on the Capi

“Liddle’ Mike Pence, a man who was about to be ousted as Governor Indiana until I came along and made him V.P., has gone to the Dark Side,” Mr Trump wrote on Saturday.

The statement appeared to be in reference to Mr Pence’s more recent outspoken condemnation of Mr Trump’s behaviour leading up to the 6 January riot.

“I never told a newly emboldened (not based on his 2% poll numbers!) Pence to put me above the Constitution or that Mike was ‘too honest.’ He’s delusional, and now he wants to show he’s a tough guy,” Mr Trump added.

The ex-vice president and 2024 candidate has begun selling merchandise that says “Too honest” – something Mr Trump allegedly told Mr Pence after he refused to engage in a scheme to unlawfully decertify election results.

Then in a statement released after Mr Trump’s third criminal indictment, Mr Pence said: “Today’s indictment serves as an important reminder: anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be President of the United States.”

FULL STORY

independent.png

1 minute ago, Tropposurfer said:

The lack of judicial action proves just how rotten and farcical the US judicial system is that the traitor Trump has not been immediately arrested and jailed for this action.

If not for the Jan 6 committee holding the DOJ's toes to the fire, I doubt we'd be having this discussion. It finally became so painfully obvious that 45 had really crossed the line that Merrick Garland HAD to take some action. THAT sumbich is certainly not on my Christmas list.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1