Brit left with one leg shorter than other after botched surgery in Thailand

scubascuba3

9 minutes ago, dddave said:

Ohh, and you think Western Hospitals are perfect and don't make similar errors? What a joke.

Perfect? 

No. 

On the whole a damn sight better than Thailands?

Absolutely.

Try going for treatment for a serious illness in nakhon nowhere and let me know how it pans out for you ???? 

Edited by bob smith
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, sungod said:

I followed her advice and had some great work done on my knees and back by a couple of surgeons in Bumrungrad. Full mobility and back running, cycling and swimming.

you may want to consider to stop running.

or you will likely bang up your knees again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

Good for walking on slopes.

But only in a circle with the longer leg on the downward side!

See;

"The Wild Haggis is a small, rough-haired quadruped creature, native to the Scottish Highlands. A notable feature is that the legs on one side of the animal’s body are both significantly longer than those on the other, this being a local long-term evolutionary adaptation to living on the steep sides of Scottish mountains.!

three legged haggis - Search (bing.com)

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

After I had my right hip replaced my right leg was about 1.5cm longer, when I first stood up I could swing my left leg freely and it wouldn't touch the floor.

Doctor was quiet happy, he said up to 3 cms difference is OK.

I was not happy at all, he said my pelvic structure would adapt but would take at least a couple of years.

When I started walking it's important not to limp, I used a lifting pad in one shoe which helped, but your pelvis won't adjust if you do that.

It's been 10 years now and I can walk, run, ski, without any noticeable difference in leg lengths

This guy will be fine, it will take time.

• Like 1

There are probably private hospitals in south-east Asia and maybe India for 1/10th of Thai costs that exceeed the care here.

Thai costs seem to exist in the shadow of US extortionate costs.....where we hear from yanks of the "great value" Thai care costs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I have one leg that’s longer then the other two, but there’s no way I would want my three legs of equal length.

It'd be very inconvenient - aside from anything else, you'd have to change your username to JimTripod... 

• Haha 2