Wissanu asks Thaksin not to return on weekends or public holidays

snoop1130

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, and at the same time I have hope for Thailand.

I think what plays out in the moment is very obvious a power struggle. Some politicians want power and money, and they don't care about Thailand and Thais.

How long will they last? How long before the masses will rise up again? How long before the next election?

I am pretty sure not too far in the future Move Forward, or maybe something similar, will win the election and form the government.

Lots of people won't vote for PT anymore. They are very clearly not interested in the people - even the stupid should by now be able to understand that part.

I sit back and look what will happen. And how fast it will happen. The old guard, including Thaksin, have lost. I give them best case a few years and then they will be gone, and nobody will miss them anymore.

Am I right? I don't know. But that is my current prediction.

What do you think?

Depending on the military's view of Thaksin now, they might think a coup is in order. It's true that MFP were intent on curbing their power but they had a lot of support in the election. PT had support but they have gone back on promises they made  so they don't have the same backing anymore. If Thaksin starts acting as if he's PM then that might cause problems as well.

The bottom line is he can't be trusted and it seems some Thais are beginning to see that.

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Exactly. People are misunderstanding why he said what he said. He just indirectly taunted Thaksin saying "sure come on over, we're ready". The part about the weekends und holidays is to make it sound playful - as if it's not a big deal.

It's the counter-play to Thaksins "I will come to visit my grandchildren" by which he taunts his opponents in power that he is confident he found a solution for his legal probems. Wissanu in return tells him they think otherwise.

It's political poker.

Let's hope so

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

AFAIK, only one person can provide a Pardon.

Justifying a Pardon for a single individual, who was portrayed as an enemy of the state, will require threading a needle.

For a pardon yes but I think it's more likely that some legal loophole will be found. Having said that PT didn't manage it last time they were in power and they had a majority then.

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

I feel that the country is being put through a lot of unnecesary frustration and pain by a convicted egomanian criminal, who believes he's entitled to a speial deal. When right now the country has serious complex problems trying to get a PM elected and seated.  

But then we don't know what the paymasters game plan is, without doubt it will be a plan to get him into a position of authority. Thailands trump syndrome. 

Given that he was an 'elected' PM and then   convicted and sentenced to jail on several cases by a legitinate court (no folks it wasn't a military kangaroo court) I wonder what the Thai law says  about running for office / holding any future political / bureaucratic positions in the future.

There is a precedent with manarat who did several years time in an OZ jail and prayut claimed 'it wasn't in Thailand so it was nor relevant. A big difference is that the paymaster was a sitting PM in Thailand when he committeed serious offence. 

“legitimate court”

????????????

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sig said:

"Asks" Thaksin is asked not to return on a weekend? Since when do you ask criminals anything. You DEMAND them. You ORDER them. They are below asking, especially ones who are ongoing in their criminal evasion of the law. They are treating him as their equal or better. That tells you a lot about the level of criminality of the politicians....

The fact that they are asking shows where the real power lays.

Thaksin, ironically, is the old guards only hope to stave off real change for just a little bit longer - they need him more than he needs them.

Those in positions of weakness cannot demand anything, they can only plea, beg and…, ask.

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, kimamey said:

Depending on the military's view of Thaksin now, they might think a coup is in order. It's true that MFP were intent on curbing their power but they had a lot of support in the election. PT had support but they have gone back on promises they made  so they don't have the same backing anymore. If Thaksin starts acting as if he's PM then that might cause problems as well.

The bottom line is he can't be trusted and it seems some Thais are beginning to see that.

The military are neutered.

Yesterday’s heroes.

Done and dusted.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“During those days, the courts, which would assign a jail for Thaksin’s detention, would not be working, which would make things difficult as we would have to find detention venue for Thaksin instead,” he said.

OK first, you can't find one in advance if you're so worried about it? 

And second, if he's a lawbreaking fugitive, why the kid gloves?  

TIT baby

1 hour ago, kimamey said:

For a pardon yes but I think it's more likely that some legal loophole will be found. Having said that PT didn't manage it last time they were in power and they had a majority then.

there's a lot more soldiers than politicians

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Apart from being an ex prime minister and a narcissist, why does Thaksin think he can circumvent laws he helped whilst in power, to create?

He's been through all the courts and and all the procedures, he had the best lawyers, put forward all the arguments, and lost.

However, he now feels if his own group get it, the Pheu Thai party then all is forgiven and he can return, thus breaking every rule of law on the books.

He has been through all the procedures and took a gamble which he lost. Some of the long time residents here here will remember the ' box of chocolates ' incident, where he even tried to bribe the law courts at the 11th hour with a couple of million baht, and when it was refused and he was accused of ' corruption ', said his driver had mistakenly handed over the wrong box!!!

I have no opinion on whether his conviction was fair, but were all the extra judicial killings (ordered and sanctioned by Thaksin) of alleged drug dealers fair?

It turns out that many were not and many were falsely accused based on ' village grudges '  No courts of justice for them, they were murdered.

Many people sit in Thai jails that are innocent but they don't have the funds to defend themselves with the odds stacked against them through policies introduced by the likes of Thaksin and his cronies as well as these clowns in power right now. As you sow, so shall you reap.

They sure as hell don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot, do they? 

Then they ' squeal like stuffed pigs ' about how unfair the court system is. A system they helped create.

Nonsensical convoluted drivel.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Apart from being an ex prime minister and a narcissist, why does Thaksin think he can circumvent laws he helped whilst in power, to create?

He's been through all the courts and and all the procedures, he had the best lawyers, put forward all the arguments, and lost.

However, he now feels if his own group get it, the Pheu Thai party then all is forgiven and he can return, thus breaking every rule of law on the books.

He has been through all the procedures and took a gamble which he lost. Some of the long time residents here here will remember the ' box of chocolates ' incident, where he even tried to bribe the law courts at the 11th hour with a couple of million baht, and when it was refused and he was accused of ' corruption ', said his driver had mistakenly handed over the wrong box!!!

I have no opinion on whether his conviction was fair, but were all the extra judicial killings (ordered and sanctioned by Thaksin) of alleged drug dealers fair?

It turns out that many were not and many were falsely accused based on ' village grudges '  No courts of justice for them, they were murdered.

Many people sit in Thai jails that are innocent but they don't have the funds to defend themselves with the odds stacked against them through policies introduced by the likes of Thaksin and his cronies as well as these clowns in power right now. As you sow, so shall you reap.

They sure as hell don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot, do they? 

Then they ' squeal like stuffed pigs ' about how unfair the court system is. A system they helped create.

It will better that he was trialed and convicted under an elected government when there is independent of the judiciary. 

13 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

It will better that he was trialed and convicted under an elected government when there is independent of the judiciary. 

Agreed but it doesn't happen here.

The courts follow whoever is calling the shots and at the moment, it's the military.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me of that guy across the big pond. He fits in into the orange crowd even without wearing any uniform. And until now he gets the VIP treatment. 

main-qimg-8c1d09843ae00e7403eafbcb0360dc

You mean Hunter Biden?

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Perhaps it is you who has misunderstood.

????????????

From the poster who excitedly proclaimed Thaksin was coming back on his birthday. 

What happened there, Jim? 

And on the 10th, announced by his daughter. Tomorrow! 

That doc appointment didn't stop him and sis going to see the dictator Hun Sen. I bet they felt right at home there 

Wissanu said in Thai ขอว่าอย่า which translates as "Please don't '' or "I'm asking you to not....''

He wasn't begging Thaksin, rather, I think, he was playing down Thaksin's significance.

' Hey, come whenever you like, everything's  ready, just don't come on public holidays, it'll be a hassle.'

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is it only difficult with this criminal or with all criminals?

Imagine the police catches some criminals on the weekend. No sorry, we can't handle them now. Please wait until Monday when the office opens.

Really?

I suggest: Get in there! Or we throw you in.

dungeon-1.jpg

I dont know what all the fuss is about because surely the police will follow normal protocol and email Thaksin to just pop into the local police station at his earliest convenience after he returns.  

• Haha 1

A typical double standart in Thailand

1. Thaksin was convicted as a criminmal because of corruption etc.

That is a fact and the result is okay.  ... But not normal in Thailand, because rich people receive a "special" status by the the so called jurisdiction. Thaksin, democraticly elected, fled the country in 2006 after being convicted, because he had ordered to kill ~2.500 people, among them real criminals. At that time in 2006 a military regime controlled the country after a putsch. That included the jurisdiction, the 3rd power in a democracy.

2. Prayut and his minions made a coup in 2014 - a really serious crime against a democratic state and the people. He controll-s/ed all relevant parts and instititions of Thailand by his minions and bootlickers.

He also has a lot of blood on his hands. Opponents disappeared under his regime. Really free press a laughing stock, critics suppressed, uncredibly rich (hmmm ... why???) the list goes on. He his a dictator, luckily not in the same ugly stile as Putin, Stalin, Hitler etc.

Now what is a typical Thai standard?

Both have a criminal record. The difference: the 1rst one fled, the second one has the power as a dictator, not finally convicted by a judge!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Agreed but it doesn't happen here.

The courts follow whoever is calling the shots and at the moment, it's the military.

Appropriate reasoning as to why Interpol refused to act on the request from Thailand for a Red Notice on Thaksin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

I feel that the country is being put through a lot of unnecesary frustration and pain by a convicted egomanian criminal, who believes he's entitled to a speial deal. When right now the country has serious complex problems trying to get a PM elected and seated.  

But then we don't know what the paymasters game plan is, without doubt it will be a plan to get him into a position of authority. Thailands trump syndrome. 

Given that he was an 'elected' PM and then   convicted and sentenced to jail on several cases by a legitinate court (no folks it wasn't a military kangaroo court) I wonder what the Thai law says  about running for office / holding any future political / bureaucratic positions in the future.

There is a precedent with manarat who did several years time in an OZ jail and prayut claimed 'it wasn't in Thailand so it was nor relevant. A big difference is that the paymaster was a sitting PM in Thailand when he committeed serious offence. 

But the court was convened after an illegal military coup.

IMHO that makes all court decisions under the coup government illegal also.

quote "(no folks it wasn't a military kangaroo court)". If Thaksin was charged after the coup, then yes it was a military kangaroo court.

If not, then Thaksin would still have been the PM.

Which is the greater crime?

Something that Thaksin had allegedly done, or yet another illegal military coup?

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Straight to a cell .

Being a fugitive convicted criminal , an Interpol red notice would be an easy way to get him arrested when he shows up at an airport .

He is a troublemaker and his " homecoming " will cause exactly that .

No country will extradite a person for an alleged political offence.

As for Thailand issuing a "Interpol red notice". My answer is that if they cannot or will not issue one for the "Boss", who is accused of murdering a policeman, why would they bother issuing one for Thaksin who is NOT wanted for murder?