British father and son are brutally beaten by bouncerskicked out of a bar in 'Sin City'

webfact

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

Pattaya bars are full of farang low lifes.

I'd agree with this. But it's not unique to Pattaya. Phuket girly bars are full of the dregs as well. For some reason Bangkok bars are slightly better, but not much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Like I mentioned earlier, and some disagreed because they don't understand. A bouncers job is to subdue, not get into a fight with. These "bouncers" weren't skilled enough and used their egos instead of sense. They kicked him when he was down, which is common here, you see it daily on the news, and it shows they do not know how to fight and resort to cowardly kicking a man who obviously wasn't tough enough to fight back, and as stupid for hitting someone for just a few words said. he wasn't defending himself or son, but started the fight. I've seen countless fights in New Jersey, New York, Texas and other places where the bouncers did what they are supposed to do. Subdue, bring outside, and reason with the person. If that didn't work, you go back inside, leaving the man outside. If he tries to return inside, you do it again, then the police are called. Here, as it was already an outside bar, you walk that person away from the rest of the crowd, with help, and then try to reason. if he didn't understand the language, you back away. If he tries to hit you, you hit back, until subdued. If you're a bouncer, you're supposed to be able to subdue others, especially if you have help. Not to kick them when they are already down. People can be a problem, especially when they are big and drunk. That's why you hire someone qualified. Not just someone who is bigger than the average small Thai man, and think he can do the job. bars have been sued for exactly this kind of incident, and people have been killed. For a few words?

65kgs vs 150kgs. In the west the bouncers are normally tall tough guys who know choke holds.

Thais know muay thai. Knees and kicks.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Good beating totally deserved. 

And I must admit it gives me pleasure every time I see a Brit beaten in Thailand.... deservingly, of course.

They must think they are back in their PC nanny state where actions do not have consequences.

Where are you from?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, fredwiggy said:

In the west, bouncers come in all sizes and shapes., and all skill sets. Muscle and strength can subdue others, which is a bouncers job. Martial arts, choke holds, defensive moves, are others.  Guess you haven't spent enough time in various states and bars. Thais do not all know Muay Thai, just as all farangs aren't fat and slow, but they do know how to kick, and that's because they don't know how to fight. Kicking in a fight, where both are fighting, and fighting back, is a fight. Kicking someone when they are already down is a cowardly act, period, and is done by someone that does not know how to fight.

The bouncer used muay thai knees. He has done muay thai. Most Thai bouncers if not all would have trained.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Guess you haven't spent enough time in various states and bars.

I've been in all kinds of states from rat arsed to mellow. BTW There are only two states to be in. Queensland and pissed. ( English language meaning)

• Haha 1

Just now, SAFETY FIRST said:

The headline is not right. 

Should read 2 idiots, drunk Brits (father and son), behave badly and get what's needed. 

English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish? No need to tarnish all 4

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

In the west, bouncers come in all sizes and shapes., and all skill sets. Muscle and strength can subdue others, which is a bouncers job. Martial arts, choke holds, defensive moves, are others.  Guess you haven't spent enough time in various states and bars. Thais do not all know Muay Thai, just as all farangs aren't fat and slow, but they do know how to kick, and that's because they don't know how to fight. Kicking in a fight, where both are fighting, and fighting back, is a fight. Kicking someone when they are already down is a cowardly act, period, and is done by someone that does not know how to fight.

UK bouncers have to be trained by law, The 'skill set'' is not to become the aggressors or use unnecessary force.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

The bouncer used muay thai knees. He has done muay thai. Most Thai bouncers if not all would have trained.

Anyone can kick a person when they are down, and in the head can cause much damage. Anyone can see other Muay Thais kick and try and copy it. I've trained Taekwondo and kickboxing and know how to kick. This isn't that.

• Haha 1