British father and son are brutally beaten by bouncerskicked out of a bar in 'Sin City'

webfact

10 hours ago, bob smith said:

Total overreaction to the situation by the Thai bouncers.

They could have killed the Brit who was helpless on the floor.

These unhinged Thai males need locking up before they do some serious damage to another patron.

Bouncers should be trained to use 'reasonable force' when dealing with violent altercations, not beating someone to a pulp who is already on the floor helpless. 

Shocking behavior from the Thais once again!

Of course Brits would never do anything like that.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, bignok said:

You have no idea sorry. Muay Thai leg kicks are impossible to catch. They target your thighs and hamstrings. A good fighter would destroy your legs and you couldnt walk.

This guy in the bar must have been a punk with no real skills.

That contradicts what you said a couple of pages back. That he was kicking right? I said he wasn't a Muay Thai fighter and it was obvious the first and only time I watched the video.  Muay Thai kicks can be blocked, or avoided, as seen in MMA fights. A good fighter can fake then kick your legs a lot, wearing you down, so you try to avoid his kicks, keep your distance, then hit when you can. Many variables in fights. Some good kickers get pummeled, some good kickers wear others down.

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

That contradicts what you said a couple of pages back. That he was kicking right? I said he wasn't a Muay Thai fighter and it was obvious the first and only time I watched the video.  Muay Thai kicks can be blocked, or avoided, as seen in MMA fights. A good fighter can fake then kick your legs a lot, wearing you down, so you try to avoid his kicks, keep your distance, then hit when you can. Many variables in fights. Some good kickers get pummeled, some good kickers wear others down.

Who are you talking about?

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I don't like to disagree, but I know martial arts well, but Muay Thai fighters can handle themselves. What came at you wasn't a Muay Thai fighter, as they're not known to pick fights, just like boxers back in the US. A lot think they know Muay Thai because they see others kicking and think they can do the same with no training. I learned a few arts and I wouldn't start a fight with anyone, because you never know what they can do. Underestimating others is a big mistake, no matter how much you know. I know a few people that have never trained in any gym, but can whoop ass very well.

Thanks for your balanced comments. I'm not going to go too far down this road as its getting off topic but - if you know martial arts well, you will also know that the most effective are those that use the power and momentum of the attacker against them.

For example grabbing the punching fist when almost at full stretch, pull down, shoulder stop, roll and throw. You should know that one.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

Who are you talking about?

Look back to see what you said earlier about the man kicking the Brit.  For your sake................The bouncer used muay thai knees. He has done muay thai. Most Thai bouncers if not all would have trained.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

There is no me or you, no seeker, no enlightenment, no disciple and no guru. There is no better or worse, no path or purpose, and nothing that has to be achieved.

All appearance is source. All that apparently manifests in the hypnotic dream of separation – the world, the life story, the search for home, is one appearing as two, the nothing appearing as everything, the absolute appearing as the particular.

There is no separate intelligence weaving a destiny and no choice functioning at any level. Nothing is happening but this, as it is, invites the apparent seeker to rediscover that which is . . . the abiding, uncaused, unchanging, impersonal silence from which unconditional love overflows and celebrates. It is the wonderful mystery.

Come on man, do you English? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Thanks for your balanced comments. I'm not going to go too far down this road as its getting off topic but - if you know martial arts well, you will also know that the most effective are those that use the power and momentum of the attacker against them.

For example grabbing the punching fist when almost at full stretch, pull down, shoulder stop, roll and throw. You should know that one.

Yes, many are used for defense and to deflect attacks. Like IP man and his student Bruce Lee, although he hit back a lot for the sake of the movies.

9 hours ago, 2long said:

There are two sides to every story.

- Possibly drunk Brits abroad entering a bar soon before it's due to close.

- Asked to leave.

- Gave some lip and a slap to Thai bouncers.

- Thai bouncers overreact, because #1 they love to do stuff like this, especially when feeling safe in the numbers #2 they're not 'trained' as Bob might hope they would be... this is Thailand and they don't get paid much, so who would pay for any 'training'?

The rule is, do not ever challenge Thai men in cases like this, ESPECIALLY if they're in uniform, at work, and you may have had a few drinks. Just never do it, because you can't win.

A real man should have brains as well as muscles.

I like how one girl politely lifted up the chair and put in place. Kudos.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Like in the movies 55

Sounds like Steven Seagull nonsense.

Just now, bignok said:

Like in the movies 55

Sounds like Steven Seagull nonsense.

Seagal is a misogynistic idiot, but he does know his stuff. Aikido especially, and that's about deflection, which is what you should do to avoid a fight going on and on.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I never said they don't but its MMA.....Mixed Martial Arts.

Which is basically muay thai plus ground game. They use muay thai leg kicks, elbows muay thai, knees muay thai, punches muay and boxing, ground game is bjj and wrestling.

All the top fighters have muay thai coaches plus ground game coaches.

42 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Being kicked in the head repeatedly can turn anyone into a vegetable. It's sheer luck nobody died.

I would argue that brain-wise, that has happened already. Father sees son pick a fight, getting thrashed even while down. So what does father do? Picks a fight, and gets thrashed while down.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

The son was thrown out the pub and then gave the bouncer £50, why? 

Suggests that there is more to the story. As reported by that fine bastion of journalism, the daily mail:

"The 37-year-old said: 'The bouncer became aggressive with me and I said 'do you want to fight me?'. He started fighting me. I came outside and he pushed me to the ground and my shoe came off.

'I stood up and my shoe came off. I stood up and said 'sorry, sorry' and I gave him 2,000 Baht. Everything was OK.'"

Were father and son trying to walk off without paying their tab? 

Wow 14 pages of replies.

I viewed it as big foreigner was asked to leave a private establishment.  Possibly after too many drinks he felt the need to challenge security, Not management.   Foreigner maybe unaware of Thai culture and customs did this in front of his co-workers and the public along the road.  This causes Security to lose some face, maybe felt disrespected, threatened by the size of the two men that when struck over reacted as did the foreigner.  

You are a guest in a foreign country and want others to think this is how people in your country behave when being told No.   

My advice is mandatory counseling session for both.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Interesting. 

what do you mean "interesting"?

he made a valid point, didnt he?

not sure why he's bothering to address people like you and goat. 

you guys are bigoted. you hate the whole prostitution scene and you were probably rolling on the floor laughing when you watched this video. you get a twisted sense of satisfaction seeing anyone near the bar scene getting their heads kicked in to support your judaeo-christian views of how the world should work.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The FATTER they are...

The HARDER they fall.

Nice one!!!!!

If you are this type of dude...

Just stay OUT of the bars.

and..

Just STAY OUT of Thailand....TOO!

Go to AA and Jenny Craig.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

you guys are bigoted. you hate the whole prostitution scene and you were probably rolling on the floor laughing when you watched this video. you get a twisted sense of satisfaction seeing anyone near the bar scene getting their heads kicked in to support your judaeo-christian views of how the world should work.

Interesting

• Haha 1

Why fly thousands of miles to get into a fight with Thai bouncers?  Seriously, are you insane?  Those guys were hired because they are used to fighting.  OK.  

Folks are just plain stupid sometimes.

Go home!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Watch the news every day. Talk to others that have seen different. Non confrontational and not wanting to lose face has fallen by the wayside.

I do watch the news most days. 

'Greng Jai' is still very big in the society I live in. 

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

It's always a good idea to read all of the posts before you comment. I've been in the gym business for 50 years, training, plus personal training for almost 20, including gyms with martial arts, before I moved here. Roadhouse was mentioned because that is a little like bouncers act back in the states. You do your job, get the people calmed down, restrained if necessary, and ask them to leave. if they don't leave, you subdue them, bring them outside and repeat the request. if they refuse, you call the police. Please don't lump me in with what many think all farangs here are, fat, lazy, bald, too old etc. Some of us don't spend their retirement on a couch.

I’m sure I sat next to you one time in a bar. Your friends were ex special forces and SAS ???? 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Interesting, I mean it is interesting what would happen in Oz. 

Who is goat?

I'm not Christian.