Trump has already disqualified himself from White House return

Social Media

3 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

There is no conviction requirement in the fourteenth, though it would presumably clear some of the slightly ambiguous clause three.

The only other argument I can see is that it does not specify “presidents”, though they would seem to be included as “elected”.

I think the presidency qualifies as  "Officer of the United States" 

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability. "

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Irish star said:

And still you have no Chinese or Russian accent , yet 

Your Irish star is burning bright it would seem, how else would it be possible to discern an accent from the written word. No doubt your post contains an analogy that only the most fervent MAGA enthusiast, bereft of the need for reason or the desire for proof, could understand.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

I watched a Frontline USA UTube video yesterday. A long interview with an investigative reporter who has followed both the 2016 and 2020 elections and what he had to say was what I already have heard but said in ways so clear, so shockingly clear that your assumptive questioning is indeed spot-on.

Trump intended to call out the national guard and other military elements, declare martial law, stop the electoral college vote, suspend the constitution and remain in power and then once this had been accomplished to destroy all branches of the government and rule unopposed.

He has, and is still, saying this out, clearly unambiguously, and loudly.

I'm not a big fan of links but this gash needs some mustard on the side. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

He's a buffoon, a conman, a liar and a generally reprehensible individual.  

He also lacks class, which is one of the main reasons I intensely dislike him.

The best day will be the one where I read he's dropped dead.  It can't come soon enough imho.

So you hate people you have never met. Sad outlook on life.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

He's a buffoon, a conman, a liar and a generally reprehensible individual.  

He also lacks class, which is one of the main reasons I intensely dislike him.

The best day will be the one where I read he's dropped dead.  It can't come soon enough imho.

No class so death asap. Great.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Why was Manafort convicted?

Since the question was asked twice w/o response, allow me:

Manafort was charged with various financial crimes including tax evasion, bank fraud, and money laundering. There were 18 criminal charges including 5 falsifications of income tax returns, 4 failures to file foreign bank account reports, 4 counts of bank fraud, and 5 counts of bank fraud conspiracy.

He was also put in prison for 9 months before being convicted - even Bernie Madoff walked around free before and during his trial but he had a different boss. :wai:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

I just raise the question. Following the American Civi War, did all those who participated on the Confederate side have to be found guilty of this in a court of law before being barred from holding office? I do not know, but I would be surprised if the Reconstruction Republican government would have set this as the bar … It will be interesting to follow the developments.

American Civil War only went quiet, not ended. That is why the Federal American Govnt. has only  two political parties still !

10 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

He caused MANY unnecessary deaths through his self-admitted mishandling of Covid. He intentionally separated families from their children who will most likely never be reunited. He has blood on his hands and I, for one, will never weep at his death.

Well I would never have guessed. I wonder how many others would be for the chop around the world for 'mishandling'? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2