Would you pay ?

georgegeorgia

6 hours ago, petermik said:

This is another troll from someone who reported he was having a beer a couple of weeks back in the Killkenny bar which has been closed for over 6 months....ignore gents :angry:

Do you have a link to that infamous thread by chance ????

54 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

Do you have a link to that infamous thread by chance ????

Here it is, he was drinking in Kilkenny 2 weeks ago where it was packed, standing room only even though it's been closed for 6 months lol

Screenshot_20230811-191606_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I would never take one or get in an empty one......i have my own motorbike to avoid these things

Why, 30 cents to go from Jomtien all the way to Terminal 21 has to be one of the cheapest transports in the World. Just don't get in a parked one, you could be waiting ages for them to fill it up

Edited by Pattaya57

11 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why, 25 cents to go from Jomtien all the way to Terminal 21 has to be one of the cheapest transports in the World. Just don't get in a parked one, you could be waiting ages for them to fill it up

I wouldnt be in the south to begin with   once was enough for me in 2008

45 minutes ago, Olmate said:

'We' are wrong then! or maybe just you, or him! 

Not wrong… they have specific routes they are supposed to take as a bus. If they divert elsewhere with a bus passenger on, you can report them. They won’t make trouble if they are already in the wrong. So I simply don’t believe you that he asked you to get off AND to pay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

watch out if you go to phuket and the taxi driver tries sth.

you seem like the type of guy who will get into a confrontation if you're making a big deal out 10 baht. 

In Phuket you would be arguing over 200 baht I expect. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Now you hail a baht bus going to Jomtien, you are the only one in it.

Just after  that overhead bridge up the hill  going ( don't know the name) but has small soccer sports court under it.

The bus stops for 6 indian guys , they talk to him and jump in the back.

He jumps out and approaches you as you sit in the back and  says they are going in a different direction and tells you to pay 10b for that short ride, and can catch another one.

Do you pay the 10 baht and jump out ?

Of course I do. Its 10 baht. Only a loser would argue over 10 baht.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, champers said:

This scenario is only playing out in the over-vivid imagination of the OP. Doesn't happen in real life.

Actually it does.

A few years ago, SWMBO and I were returning by bus from Ekkamai, with luggage. We negotiated a ride home from the Nua bus station  to the darkside, 100baht, which I thought was pretty fair.  

The driver did not lrave immediately, he waited until he had a full load, and then proceeded to Jomtien Beach Road via the hill, dropping people off at various points on the way. When we were the only passengers left, he turned up Soi Wat Boon, and stopped on a piece of waste ground (it was not so built up in those days). He climbed out and demanded another 200baht to take us to our home in Nongkabok. This after the best part of an hour farting about in Jomtien! 

We got out and walked with our cases to the nearest bar, after informing him I only wanted a ride, not to buy his f.....g taxi, and would pay him nothing unless he fulfilled the contract. Probably fortunately he did not speak or understand enough English that it mattered!

I took a motorbike taxi home, for 100baht, and went back with the car to collect SWMBO etc.

With a foul temper!

Edited by Grusa
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2023 at 9:51 AM, petermik said:

This is another troll from someone who reported he was having a beer a couple of weeks back in the Killkenny bar which has been closed for over 6 months....ignore gents :angry:

Ignore? That's very unlike us "gents".  ROAST him with snark is more like it ???? 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 9:51 AM, petermik said:

He is a fictional poster.  Most of the new topics on this forum are now created by bots.  They have to do this because there is just a tiny handful of real members remaining on this forum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

He is a fictional poster.  Most of the new topics on this forum are now created by bots.  They have to do this because there is just a tiny handful of real members remaining on this forum.

????How dare you! Mine are created by rodents, not robots!????