Would you pay ?

georgegeorgia

Whenever some ahole rips me off (or tries to) here, I just try to remember that my grandfathers were driving a car while theirs were still dreaming about one day owning a donkey.

Always makes me giggle and immediately forget the issue at hand.

Edited just now by Sandboxer

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Thumbs Up 1

If it feels offensive, I'd either present a very perplexed "I don't understand" face or continuously ask, in the utmost polite manner, different versions of "but why". Using a very calm, innocent and respectable manner disarms them.

With 6 guys in, the last thing the driver wants to do is to waste time.

There's a limit though to the amount of time I'm willing to engage in that though so if I'm in a hurry and another songteo showed up then the driver'd get his 10 baht and I'd be on my way.

2 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

Whenever some ahole rips me off (or tries to) here, I just try to remember that my grandfathers were driving a car while theirs were still dreaming about one day owning a donkey.

Always makes me giggle and immediately forget the issue at hand.

Edited just now by Sandboxer

And here you are using 10baht public buses.!! ????

On 8/11/2023 at 3:47 AM, jvs said:

Yes i would pay,would not be happy about it but i will not get into

an argument over here over ten baht.

Fighting over ten baht can get you killed over here!

Pay,forget it and have a nice day!

My immediate thought as well. He's a mule hole but be glad you can afford it and give YOURSELF a break to laugh about it. Pride comes before a fall remember - and I wouldn't fancy a fight with a Thai taxi driver who may be tooled up.

Edited by BusyB
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BusyB said:

My immediate thought as well. He's a mule hole but be glad you can afford it and give YOURSELF a break to laugh about it. Pride comes before a fall remember - and I wouldn't fancy a fight with a Thai taxi driver who may be tooled up.

He won't leave behind the lucrative load to chase after you for 10 baht. unless you have insulted or angered him. But what you suggest is safer!

• Haha 1