Russian Woman Falls to Death at Pattaya Condo, Russian Man Detained as Person of Interest

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya, Thailand-A Russian woman fell to her death this morning, August 13th, 2023, from the seventh floor of a Pattaya condo, and a Russian man who she stayed with has been detained as a person of interest.

According to Pol. Col. Wattanachai Saengrit, superintendent of the Na Jomtien Police Station and Pol. Lt. Col. Kanisorn Apisop, Deputy Superintendent, the incident happened at 7:00 A.M. today, August 13th, 2023 at a Pattaya condo, whose name has been withheld pending a further investigation.

The victim, who was identified as 32-year-old Daria (last name withheld pending further family and embassy contact) was found deceased on the ground outside of the condo near the seventh floor apartment that she had fallen from.

A Russian man, identified later by Na Jomtien Police as Fedor Oeaop, 30, was found near Daria’s body in an angry and uncooperative state. After failed attempts to calm the man down he was forcibly detained by police officers at the scene led by Lt. Col Kanisorn. 

By Adam Judd

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/13/russian-woman-falls-to-death-at-pattaya-condo-russian-man-detained-as-person-of-interest/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-08-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter. Click to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Will we find out what happened? of course not, but strange she reported her passport missing earlier and just wanted to get home to Russia

Well if she wanted to return it is plausible he certainly did not want to. The guy being angry and uncooperative when his partner is dead there is strange. 

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Just wondering, we never hear about Thai people falling off condos but we do here foreigners doing so almost on a daily bases.

RIP poor young woman ????????

I have zero statistics to back my comment up, but, maybe the frequency of falangs falling of balconies is because, per capita Thais just drink less? Yes, yes I know theres lots of Thais that hit it hard often as well.

I say this cause I know heaps of Thais that don't drink much, or not at all and by comparison to falangs the percentage is far far lower of imbibers than falangs. 

It seems too that these fallers are in places where high tourism abides and with that all sorts of relaxing of self-controls used at home, 'letting the hair down' if you will.

As for the Russian angle there are lots of cultures I avoid when heavily drinking or drunk people are around; one is Russians, but there are many others I simply walk away from pronto ... and yes this also includes Thai's (men mainly).

If the fella pushed her, and it is found did so deliberately then he should swing for it.

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well if she wanted to return it is plausible he certainly did not want to. The guy being angry and uncooperative when his partner is dead there is strange. 

i have met Russians who claim to be here to avoid conscription, then go back no problem, so sometimes it's just a story

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i have met Russians who claim to be here to avoid conscription, then go back no problem, so sometimes it's just a story

Did they ever returned and confirmed that or were you chatting with them online?

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Will we find out what happened? of course not, but strange she reported her passport missing earlier and just wanted to get home to Russia

Agree, I wonder if it was him that 'lost' her passport, she asked for help from immigration and was trying to find way to return home, most would go to their embassy for emergency travel documents, I wonder why she did not after making the police report. Sounds like no money or return ticket, did she 'loose' that as well, or was he fed up with supporting her. Pass the Vodka honey.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Here we go again. Someone has died, and almost immediately we get one person saying it's great news and another making a joke about it. What kind of people are you? What forums and social media has revealed is that there are a large number of pathetic human beings out there among us, you two included.

100% agree . How can such a tragedy produce a laugh or " great news " comments  .  As said before , most Russians have fled their country for fear of the war or being enlisted and used as cannon fire . Not friends of Putin .

BTW , the anonymous emojis are not helping with disrespectful replies / reactions . Emojis should show sender I.D.  as they always did originally .