Rolls-Royce in the Spotlight: Repair Costs Unveiled after Rear-End Collision

webfact

Seriously, in what world would anyone  really think that repairing a roller would be ' reasonable exercise'? on the bright side it would go without saying that it would be a very good idea to comprehensively insure such automobile, just in case.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Soupdragon said:

Hit anything bigger than a mosquito and the cars a write off ????. Fun car to drive though, like a go kart.

I never use it, bought it for my wife, I prefer to use my Yamaka Nmax and it's much more fun

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

One of the most dangerous vehicles on the road!

Like many small cars but always safer than riding a scooter without a helmet as it used to be, she is a Thai, to your knowledge, therefore refractory to understanding what a helmet is for.????

Edited by BE88
  • Confused 1

It's all ifs...if this needs replacing, if that needs replacing.

Rolls Royces are pretty sturdy cars, even today. I doubt the suspension was damaged in what looks like just a fender bender to me.

Probably more damage done to the front of the car that rear ended the Rolls. But yes. that will probably cost less than one replacement rear light on the RR.

Article doesn't mention if the driver of the car that hit it had any insurance, but if you can afford to buy a Rolls here in Thailand, what with all the import fees, I suppose any repair costs are the last of your worries.

• Thanks 1

My take is this. Didn't this guy have insurance?

Also, if you own a Rolls then you should be able to afford to fix it if you get into an accident. Otherwise don't buy one.

Of course you could keep it parked in your driveway and impress your friends, thus keeping it safe, lol

But those damn birds!

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Complaining about the cost to repair a Rolls is pathetic. No one would be surprised at the repair bill, especially when all the parts are imported at huge import duties and taxes.

It might be the pickup owner complaining about the cost as his insurance was either not adequate to cover or simply non existant !!

• Like 1

Bet the guy who hit him will have an uphill battle with his insurance company, if he has any. They will do all they can to get out of this situation plus the cap on the amount paid for fixing it will probably not even come close. Now that’s an Aw <deleted> moment that the driver will never forget. 

10 hours ago, BritScot said:

Why? He was rear-ended so why should he pay? Very bizzare statement! It is why you have insurance. Why on earth should anyone pay for someone else's  careless and reckless driving? I've had two accidents in Thailand one with a young guy driving into the back of me when the lights were at red (his insurance paid) second was a man who was so drunk he could hardly stand reversed into the side of me, his insurance paid and I made sure all parts were new (police did nothing about him being drunk even watched as he drove away). 

There was a report a while back of a guy whose Maclaren slid off the road - these cars aren't 100% insured. The owner will end up footing part of the bill.