Thai wife wants to buy land

4 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

I remember reading once where I guy sold his new Cadillac for $50 because in the divorce settlement it had to be sold and she get half the money.

That could backfire severely. I saw a court video once in which a woman took a much lower paid job than the one she had before so she would have to pay less child support. She even admitted in court taking that lower paid job for that very purpose. The judge wouldn't have it and sentenced her to pay the full amount based on her previous salary. 

Wouldn't be surprised, if the guy who sold the caddy for 50 bucks had to pay her the difference to half the car's actual market value. 

Edited by pacovl46

17 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Wouldn't be surprised, if the guy who sold the caddy for 50 bucks had to pay her the difference to half the car's actual market value. 

Easily solved, just have an "accident" that destroys the value of the car. Just make sure it can't be proven that it was on purpose.

I remember someone posted in another thread a few years ago that he bought a house in the name of his wife and everything was good for a few years until tragically his wife got sick and died.  Within two weeks of the funeral his wife's relatives ordered him out of his house because they had found a buyer for it.