Vasectomy options in Pattaya?

tomster

I know this has been asked before but looking for up to date information.

I emailed Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and they now want an eye watering 35k plus doctors fees, madness.

I emailed Bangkok International Hospital and they didn't reply, twice.

Any other options?

Many thanks in advance.

P.S. Please don't fill the thread with old information or opinions about whether or not it's a good idea, just post if you have recent experience of vasectomy in the Chonburi/East Coast area.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I went to one of the queens hospitals down south from Pattaya a fair way.  4000 baht way back.  Let me know if interested. Ill have to chase up with friends who organised it for me.  You may be asked if you have children already.  Say,  yes,  otherwise they won't do it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tomster said:

Any other options?

I would simply do the rounds of the hospitals, The International, City Hospital, Memorial, Banglamung, and whatever that new Jomtien one.(It is associated with the BHP but may offer a better price). 

Went to BKK in Phuket. 8000 baht.  They did the hole poke method. No after pain.  The only pain was from the anesthetic shot which felt like it was going directly into my soul.  Yes this was 6 years ago but why are you restricting yourself regionally.  For the 35000 quote you got you could get a cheap snip and a week long luxury holiday elsewhere in the country. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/1thgfsETSBRZ4rdB7

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

Went to BKK in Phuket. 8000 baht.  They did the hole poke method. No after pain.  The only pain was from the anesthetic shot which felt like it was going directly into my soul.  Yes this was 6 years ago but why are you restricting yourself regionally.  For the 35000 quote you got you could get a cheap snip and a week long luxury holiday elsewhere in the country. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/1thgfsETSBRZ4rdB7

When was that - they just quoted me 15k plus doctors fees and hospital service charges?

18 hours ago, topt said:

You could also try Pyathai Siracha for possibly a more reasonable price.

[email protected]

Gavin is their international coordinator

A good idea. I had a different procedure done there and they charged just over ½ of what Bangkok Pattaya quoted me. 

fwiw mine was a stent. Modern equipment, great doctor. He was the only one who spoke much English though, so be prepared for that. My US cardiologist reviewed the video and docs they gave me of the procedure and said he thought they did an excellent job.

3 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

A good idea. I had a different procedure done there and they charged just over ½ of what Bangkok Pattaya quoted me. 

fwiw mine was a stent. Modern equipment, great doctor. He was the only one who spoke much English though, so be prepared for that. My US cardiologist reviewed the video and docs they gave me of the procedure and said he thought they did an excellent job.

Just curious.  How was your need for a stent diagnosed? Were you feeling certain symptoms?  It was caught in a checkup? 

On 8/17/2023 at 10:29 AM, topt said:

You could also try Pyathai Siracha for possibly a more reasonable price.

[email protected]

Gavin is their international coordinator

They are 25k but not sure they can offer no scalpel or not, trying to find out before making an appointment as don't want to waste my time if they don't.

There appears to be quite a bit of profit in doing vasectomies for hospitals!

I had it done at Pattaya Intl a couple years ago, 11k, quoted 15k, same Dr can do it at Royal Sirikit Hospital Sattahip for around 5k but it's 40min away and very little English there.

The Cabbages and Condoms in Bangkok is waste of time unless had 2 kids already

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I had it done at Pattaya Intl a couple years ago, 11k, quoted 15k, same Dr can do it at Royal Sirikit Hospital Sattahip for around 5k but it's 40min away and very little English there.

The Cabbages and Condoms in Bangkok is waste of time unless had 2 kids already

Thanks for this.

I have emailed them twice already but they don't reply, I will go there and ask.

Was it no scalpel method or did they slice you open?

6 minutes ago, tomster said:

Thanks for this.

I have emailed them twice already but they don't reply, I will go there and ask.

I wouldn't bother going all that way, a few weeks waiting list also. Small incision, he must have done thousands, I'd take that any day over a new technique

14 minutes ago, tomster said:

Thanks for this.

If there were specific medical terms available for "no scalpel method" and for "slice you open method" it would probably make communication with hospitals easier when inquiring about the cost of the procedure.

1 minute ago, Puccini said:

If there were specific medical terms available for "no scalpel method" and for "slice you open method" it would probably make communication with hospitals easier when inquiring about the cost of the procedure.

No scalpel method is the recognised term.