Brutal assault on Udon Thani schoolgirl triggers national outrage and cries for justice

webfact

26 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I must live on an island of peace and friendliness then, it would appear that life in an Isaan village in the countryside is to be preferred over a big city. Never had problems nor seen any fights, I get greeted wherever I go and people seem to go the extra mile to help each other out, so I must disagree. 

Wait till you play Music while your sit in your little piece of Paradise in the Evening or invite your Falang friends round for drinks and food, then you will see your friendly Thai neighbors realy think of you.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

More muay Thai fighting tactics, using feet and elbows!

The perps father must pay for the hospital ! The father and school should publicly apologize to the victim! 
The perp should be expelled from school and transferred to another .

IMOP

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When the perp girl reaches the age of 18 and is empoloyed,  she must pay 500baht a month to the girl assaulted for 10 years.  But in our societies authorities choose the easy option.  I tell youth today,  its ok to be evil and greedy,  because if you are good at it,  you will be better off in life. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...and jail time (minimal)"

Do they do that in your country?...the chances are that she's 13 also!

Yes, they do put the child in care or make them be psychologically evaluated. Depending on age and what they have done, adolescents often end up in special services., I know they do this in Europe and the UK, not sure about the rest of the world. The police/courts also take into account of the parents lack of care, most are from the poorer of society with their own problems. Some children in UK have been in retention for years, especially In cases of extreme violence. The authorities would have a field day in Thailand, where child cruelty, murders and grave assault, teachers hitting kids, is a daily occurrence. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, geisha said:
18 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...and jail time (minimal)"

Do they do that in your country?...the chances are that she's 13 also!

Yes, they do put the child in care or make them be psychologically evaluated.

I know, but that is not "jail time" as the poster to whom I responded was demanding.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The father of the young perpetrator offered an apology, stating that he was disappointed by his daughter’s conduct, and explained that she had behavioural problems and was disobedient. He also pleaded for the matter not to be pursued legally, reported KhaoSod.

Whilst I can sympathise and agree that it's best to try to avoid getting young people into the legal system where they have made one or two mistakes and are willing to correct them, if this is a regular thing then it might be the best thing for everyone to either get her some help or some motivation to stop.

I saw a similar thing on a Facebook page that seemed to be dedicated to some sort of psychotic teenage girl who would fight with various people (smaller than her, of course).  At least there it was more hair pulling and slapping, but still completely unacceptable to have these kind of unprovoked and normally unfair attacks.

If they want to act like gangsters, let them have a taste of what really awaits gangsters when they are older.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

21 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Wait till you play Music while your sit in your little piece of Paradise in the Evening or invite your Falang friends round for drinks and food, then you will see your friendly Thai neighbors realy think of you.

Those are your assumptions. I don't play loud music nor do I have parties, I don't annoy my neighbours and they don't annoy me. The good thing about living in the country is that you don't live on top of one another as you do in a city. The houses are well spaced out with large grounds in between. I have water buffaloes on one side of my garden wall and geese and cows on the other side. The lane outside my gate isn't paved and I sometimes have to move a cow or buffalo to drive my car out. Despite having council offices and a growing population it still has the atmosphere of a farming community, come harvest time the civil servants go missing because they are out in the fields. Two days ago my water pump stopped working, so no showers and the washing machine was silent (the repair mechanic was fertilizing his fields and 'will come when I'm finished') so the wife washed our clothes at a neighbours house and we showered and used the toilet there. I have three large rain water urns, if a neighbour runs dry (in the hot season) it is absolutely normal that they can get their drinking water from me. It is a peaceful friendly place to live and I wouldn't swop it for anywhere else.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nickmondo said:

i tend to agree.

All the smiley faces hide the true person behind it.

I think Thais in general are all about themselves, especially in cars...........its me, me, me.

All this smiling and welcoming..........in some cases genuine, but in the main, I feel very false.

Good manners..........very rare here in my opinion.

But better than England...........or.......what used to be England......so I will fight it out here.

There may be violence in the UK but I have never seen any. I have lived in London for 50 years. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

When the perp girl reaches the age of 18 and is empoloyed,  she must pay 500baht a month to the girl assaulted for 10 years.  But in our societies authorities choose the easy option.  I tell youth today,  its ok to be evil and greedy,  because if you are good at it,  you will be better off in life. 

That isn't true, there is a natural order in life and if you transgress, it bites back. Selfish evil people aren't happy (perhaps that is why they are the way they are in the first place)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:
3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Tourists come for two weeks and love the place, most of the time. They rarely if ever see the darkness underneath.

I think that part of your comment could be true anywhere, until you live somewhere then you find out the true reality of where you are living.

I don't disagree, but Thailand does seem have a reputation for being home to the kindest most welcoming and smiley people in the world.  And if you mention any of the realities of life in Thailand, you will often get a Thai apologist jumping down your throat calling you a racist "Thai basher" and claiming that all Thai people are perfect and if a Thai was bad to a foreigner then it must have been the foreigner's fault and they deserved it.

You can see why people might have the attitude that BB has.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used to have this felt banner hanging in my room as a kid....i remember it well..

It was tan felt and had wooden top and bottom so could roll it up.....was decades ago..

If children live with criticism,

They learn to condemn.

If children live with hostility,

They learn to fight.

If children live with ridicule,

They learn to be shy.

If children live with shame,

They learn to feel guilty.

If children live with encouragement,

They learn confidence.

If children live with tolerance,

They learn to be patient.

If children live with praise,

They learn to appreciate.

If children live with acceptance,

They learn to love.

If children live with approval,

They learn to like themselves.

If children live with honesty,

They learn truthfulness.

If children live with security,

They learn to have faith in themselves and others.

If children live with friendliness,

They learn the world is a nice place in which to live

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

wow! nearly killing a classmate over some trogloditic somchai. when it isnt the guys killing their gf it is the jealous wanna be gf killing the gf. sucks to be female in thai society

But pretty good to be a Thai man by all accounts.  Most girls are really into bad boys and toxic boys, they seem to tolerate being cheated on, and are happy to support their (Thai) men in all sorts of ways.

Thai women seem to know there place (or rather where Thai men want their place to be), have very low self-esteem, and in terms of their life experiences probably call "normal" what we would call "abusive".

If you ever want to know what type of man is popular in a place, listen to what women complain about.  If they say that "men" are all abusive liars and cheaters, that means those are the kind of men women go for, they're just sore they can't keep one.

5 hours ago, gerritkaew said:

The longer i life here the more i dislike the peoplehere.

What they do to other people, kids and whatever walks here.

The whole country is on Scam , my god can’t trust anybody here , the more you take care of them the greedier they get , starting to think it’s time to go after 20 years this post Covid is a disaster and everyone owes the banks 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Irish star said:

The whole country is on Scam , my god can’t trust anybody here , the more you take care of them the greedier they get , starting to think it’s time to go after 20 years this post Covid is a disaster and everyone owes the banks 

It appears your own, personal, experiences have made you bitter. If that is seriously how you feel, it probably is time to leave.

However, don't leave whilst thinking every expats has experienced the same.

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, gerritkaew said:

Unfortunately there is bad in every society. We really shouldn’t tar everyone with the same brush.

7 hours ago, gerritkaew said:

I said it yesterday in an other thread.
These people don't belong to the human race, they are animals (sorry for the animals to compare them to Thais scum).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1