Latest date for ex-PM Thaksin’s return is August 22

webfact

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Yes. Why land at Don Mueng when his fans are up t'North.

He could land at one of the private air strips just inside Cambodia and a quick drive to his Essan followers.

No doubt the Imm. folks / RTP would make the necessary arragements for coffe and cakes on arrival.

Edited by scorecard
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

PT always had a foot in each camp.

For the average citizen, for 20 years, PT were the least worst option.

Now they’re not.

If you lend a person some money and they don’t give it back, you can spend the rest of your days wallowing in bitterness over the lost cash, or you can chalk it up as the price you paid to learn not to trust that person.

Thaksin and PT have done their voters a favour - they’ve made it crystal clear where they stand in regards to democracy and the establishment.

Next election, PT voters have all the info they need to make their votes count - ball is in their court.

It will be before that. By election in Rayong. I'm betting PT votes will dissapear.

Edit: I take that back. PT are not fielding a candidate. 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2

I read he was flying in from Singapore. Maybe I am wrong, but why is a developed state ignoring the fact Thaksin is a wanted criminal? Is it because everyone outside Thailand knows he was stitched up?

Let's see what happens on arrival.

• Sad 1

On 8/19/2023 at 10:15 AM, webfact said:

Thaksin’s aircraft will park in a special zone reserved for private jets and immigration officials will receive him upon his arrival.

In this context, does 'receive' mean the same as 'arrest'?

On 8/19/2023 at 12:56 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Such procedures are normal for private jets. I once flew on one from Montreal to San Diego, and we parked in a separate area and were visited by immigration officials and processed onboard.

So, it's also normal for someone who has an arrest warrant waiting for him as well, then, is it?

Well, I'll be ............!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bundooman said:
On 8/19/2023 at 12:56 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Such procedures are normal for private jets. I once flew on one from Montreal to San Diego, and we parked in a separate area and were visited by immigration officials and processed onboard.

So, it's also normal for someone who has an arrest warrant waiting for him as well, then, is it?

Well, I'll be ............!

I expect so, yes. What is the point of your post?