Luxury car owner threatens debt collectors with pistol before fleeing

webfact

16 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Better they should have keys get in and drive it away.

I can't speak for Thailand but in the UK, the finance company isn't allowed to have either a key or even the key number.  Strange - seeing as until its paid for in full, they are the actual owners.

50 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I can't speak for Thailand but in the UK, the finance company isn't allowed to have either a key or even the key number.  Strange - seeing as until its paid for in full, they are the actual owners.

I can't speak for all Thai finance companies but I have a vehicle with Tisco... I have both keys.

15 hours ago, J Branche said:

Top tip.  Immobilize the vehicle first, lift with tow truck, boot wheel, block in with additional vehicles.  Make sure you have visible identification of your authority to reposs vehicle.  Attach repossession documents and begin removal process (inventory interior items, document damage)  Always have one look out.  If threatened with bodily harm back away and notify Police.

Next time the entitled bully should understand there are few free rides.

Yes, going round sticking 2 inch pieces of masking tape on it is pathetic. Need to get the vehicle out of there fast.

Expect more such news - stay tuned. It is a fact that if you would remove all unpaid vehicles from the roads it would look like downtown Bangkok during Songkran break ........... but show-off, face and the loss of the latter is prevailing over absolutely everything ???? 

18 hours ago, pookett said:

Note to repo-men. Masking tape is designed to be removed without leaving

I'm pretty sure that's why they use it. After all, they'll have to sell the car in order to recover the money and who'd want a car with marks?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You can't "speed away" with a wheel clamp attached.

Hope this helps.

They were not planning to leave it there. You can’t pull it on the tow-rig with a wheel clamp on it either, which was what they were prepping it for. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

As you probably know TIT a lot of things not carried out in the same way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rather stupid of him, does he think now all will be forgotten and he can keep the car? They know where he lives so now the police will come along next time and his loss of face will be even greater. The thought processes of some people is astonishing.

• Like 1

Aside from the tape notices how many flat bed trucks or tow trucks operators you seen here on the road. 

Repossess are most likely Independent given to a independent use vehicle seller go get it back to your lots to sell. 

Maybe I'm seeing things but I thought Mustache had a model like a four door the handles you can't see from outside design like the trucks extra cab doors.

A few years back I came out of a 7/11,  there was a BMW parked all of a sudden a car pull up 4 guys jump out and surrounded the guy it was clear they werent police. While they were holding him another got a box empty the vehicle some paper were exchange then some talking one guy took key and drove off in the end they all left living him standing outside the store will no ride

On 8/19/2023 at 11:18 AM, Joe Farang said:

I doubt that there is any police force in the world that assigns a police officer to every Repo operation. Repo is a civil matter, not criminal.

What I don't get is why they just didn't immobilise the vehicle using a wheel lock?

On 8/19/2023 at 2:29 AM, VinnieK said:

It costs a fortune here compared to the US

Yes, as do all foreign makes as far as I know. I'm no expert, but I didn't think price alone defines luxury. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder and in the eye of the taxman.

On 8/19/2023 at 3:16 AM, The Theory said:

In Thailand a car won't considered  luxury by make/model, but the "price" will. Perhaps 5M. ???? A Jeep Sahara is a Luxury as well ????

Oh wow, that is hilarious! Jeep Sahara!?????