Russia's Luna-25 spacecraft crashes into Moon

Social Media

13 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

Do you know this? Where was American know-how?

"The Soyuz was the primary form of transportation for all astronauts and cosmonauts after NASA's space shuttle program retired in 2011."

Did you also know that:

"Russia conducted an anti-satellite missile test in November 2021 that has seen debris come close to the ISS orbit and require the crews to shelter in place; at the time, NASA and the United States expressed displeasure with the situation."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

"The Soyuz was the primary form of transportation for all astronauts and cosmonauts after NASA's space shuttle program retired in 2011."

You think the US should have spent a ton of money when there was a perfectly good service already available? You think a taxi service needs cutting edge technology?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

NASA utilizing Soyuz spacecrafts has nothing to do with know-how and all to do with fiscal policy.

The only people we flew into space proper in recent decades were to international space stations anyways (ignoring the recent chinese one) so why would everyone build their own shuttle? We didn't fly people to the moon or other planets. Building and operating these shuttles costs a ton of money.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, tandor said:

how come you are authorised to reveal sensitive information about them!

Maybe he's not in Russia and therefore is allowed to speak and post freely.

BTW:  What information in that post do you consider sensitive?  I didn't see anything nearly as sensitive as the headline of this topic.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Maybe he's not in Russia and therefore is allowed to speak and post freely.

BTW:  What information in that post do you consider sensitive?  I didn't see anything nearly as sensitive as the headline of this topic.

Dandermart123 said...I am very familiar with the Luna-25 design bureau, and they are going through hard times

That to me implies he has in-depth knowledge of the programme..yes!

Why say that 'teaser'.

2 hours ago, tandor said:

Dandermart123 said...I am very familiar with the Luna-25 design bureau, and they are going through hard times

That to me implies he has in-depth knowledge of the programme..yes!

Why say that 'teaser'.

Or it could mean he is a space enthusiast and has found a lot of published reading on the subject.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Or it could mean he is a space enthusiast and has found a lot of published reading on the subject.

That's how I started. I taught myself Russian reading the books about the Soviet space program.

Then I went to Russia to work on various projects. One of my designs passed System Requirements Reviews in Russia and by NASA simultaneously. I was a busy boy.

On 8/20/2023 at 7:59 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Well they can't blame Ukrainians for this one....

Couid have been a Ukrainian drone. I'm going with that because I like it better.

Thankfully we are now in an age where any idea from anybody is acceptable as truth, aka 'alternative fact'.

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Unless Putin wants to build a base on the moon for refugees from his war, why on earth would you  still continue with a moon program during a war ? 

Grab the land before India does?

Similar to what Russia has done in the Arctic.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

That's how I started. I taught myself Russian reading the books about the Soviet space program.

Then I went to Russia to work on various projects. One of my designs passed System Requirements Reviews in Russia and by NASA simultaneously. I was a busy boy.

I don't know what you're bragging about.

It's not rocket science.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2