European diplomats ‘terrified’ at prospect of Trump winning in 2024, report says

Social Media

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The article refers to ‘European Diplomats’, specifically mentions ‘European Defense’ and ‘Ukraine’.

The article also quotes an EU diplomat.

EU diplomats are ‘European’ but then the EUROPEAN has no defense role and Ukrainian is not the EU.

If European diplomats, EU or otherwise, are not considering the implications of a second Trump term on European Defense and the Ukraine war then they would be failing in their duties.

The only ‘terrified’ quote is actually ‘slightly terrified’.

Nice trigger on EU being corrupt/Leftwing.

I was replying to this.

image.png.fa79a995182baffeedb4e8f37df4298a.png

Clearly I was saying nothing of the sort.

Context dear, context.

image.png.eb8044bc0a3568739ecee6fa09d68821.png

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Refer to the post I was replying to for context.

Sadly, very little of what you wrote has 'context, rather brushes with a very, very wide brush.

However, the article:

There is a difference between 'being terrified' and something being 'terrifying'.  

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Tug said:

Really?so you are saying all the progress made by Europe is bad and trump is right?really?ahhhh…….ok…….as for myself spoon fed trustfund baby’s who have never faced consequences for their actions aren’t my kinda leader I’m more of a deeds not words kinda guy the Europeans are rightfully concerned as should any rational freedom loving human being lock him up!make politics boring again!!

You'll probably find that spoon-fed trust fund babies now occupy a high percentage of senior positions within the EU.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sing_Sling said:

'spoon-fed trust-fund babies' . . . ???? . . . occupying a high percentage etc...  What a load of <deleted>, but you make for entertaining reading.  Please do share with us who these 'high percentage' ate.

Ah, Ursula.  A woman from a wealthy family that goes back centuries but according to you a person who went to the LSE, graduated in Medicine and the went into politics is a 'trust fund baby'.  Perhaps you should look up the term and see how applicable it is.

Ok, the other 'high percentage', thanks. ????

Wealthy, political family - old money - they all have trust funds - married into old German nobility - extra silver spoon for that - LSE one year but did not graduate (a bronze teaspoon for that) - then "silver spooned" a switch to Hannover Medical School to graduate, despite frequent and proven plagiarism within her thesis - table spoon size and probably gold.

Famously failed as German Defence Minister but then magically spooned into the top EU job. We should all learn to play the spoons, methinks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Olav Seglem said:

As a Norwegian conservative i think Donald D is the most harmful that happened to Europeans respect for people from the US since the Vietnam war.

Olaf thank you for your post unfortunately I feel as an American the trump fiasco is far far worse than our Vietnam war and even the remote possibility of a repeat is really really bad 

17 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Wealthy, political family - old money - they all have trust funds - married into old German nobility - extra silver spoon for that - LSE one year but did not graduate (a bronze teaspoon for that) - then "silver spooned" a switch to Hannover Medical School to graduate, despite frequent and proven plagiarism within her thesis - table spoon size and probably gold.

Famously failed as German Defence Minister but then magically spooned into the top EU job. We should all learn to play the spoons, methinks.

Well (playing the spoons )I agree when one is blessed with wealth and status it is a true test of character in that regard mr trump has failed miserably the Europeans are rightfully concerned as should everyone look at his track record it speaks for itself.literally 10s of thousands of unessary deaths due to Covid,enabling Putin into thinking his at best (useful idiot) quite possibly worse had weakened nato enough so he could just get away with the extermination of the Ukrainian nation,the additional 25% of our national debt with no gain sir respectfully I could go on and on he is one bad leader and should stick to bilking his tenants in his rentals

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nauseus said:

extra silver spoon for that

You need to look up the term and see how applicable - not - it is in this context.  

7 hours ago, nauseus said:

Famously failed as German Defence Minister

'Famous' in Brit tabloids - well done.  Also, if her time as Defense Minister wasn't brilliant (and you can surely tell me why without looking it up as you're clearly quite knowledgeable about her career) then why does that preclude her from other jobs?