Are you comfortable with being treated like a walking ATM?

bob smith

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I fixed it for you - sorry, you have to fix your spelling yourself.

I know that thais only give me the time of day if I pay.

They couldnt care less about me [...].

After reading a couple of your posts I am not surprised at all.

you never foot the bill, farang?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

I'm not really sure why you are even in Thailand. All your posts are VERY negative towards Thais. 

if my subjective truth through personal experience is negative then so be it! I can't help that, can I?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Perhaps change your attitude, rather than trying to justify your bizarre views by seeking out similarly depressing people.

How about Thais changing their attitude? Ever thought of that one? They are our hosts after all. I'm sure many foreigners have had similar experiences, especially in the tourist areas.

And before you say 'well dont go to the tourist areas then' where do you think they will go for a holiday? Mukdahan? 

Edited by bob smith
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

Just now, KannikaP said:

I have lived here, with my GF for 13 years and have never been treated like you say.

Maybe you could help yourself, and stop some of the criticism you get by changing that silly avatar photo, Albert! 555

Or change it to Albert Tatlock

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF you are serious in your thoughts expressed on this thread, the only thing you can do is start looking inwards, rather than lay the blame of this negativity at everyone else around you. 

We are here to help you Bob. Changing within is much harder than lashing out. 

Have you ever prayed/chanted? I find this, along with the Gratitude journal massively helpful in directing my attitude. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

bob.... sadly, you are the polar opposite of a 'ray of shining positivity'... 

I'm quite sure that virtually every negative interaction you have with a Thai is triggered or initiated by your attitude. 

Of course, there are those out there who can upset us, but the mistake is in tarring all Thai's with the same brush because we have encountered someone who has annoyed or irritated us.

Normal people do not assume the next person is the same as the last. 

Normal people do not let one negative encounter 'turn the whole world black'.

IF you are serious in your thoughts expressed on this thread, the only thing you can do is start looking inwards, rather than lay the blame of this negativity at everyone else around you. 

Brilliantly put Richard. But in Bob's case, there's nowt like a good moan a few times a day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

You can try improving your personality and stop judging a whole nation by the actions of only a few.

Oh, and while you're at it, you might want to expand your circle of 'friends'. Whoever you are hanging out with do not seem to be the best representation of Thailand.

He has no circle of friends