Cinema pricing

bbi1

Anyone know the current pricing for cinemas in Pattaya and which day they have the "cheap" day as? I remember Major Cineplex at The Avenue Pattaya used to have a special of 100 baht before, but is this still the case? I think it was every Wednesday.

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I don't see the prices mentioned on this link. Just wasted 3min of my life.

Click on the cinema, select a movie and price is there.

You do know price of movie differs between cinemas and even movies when blockbuster is on?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, phetphet said:

i think you can apply for a card that will give discount for entry. Say THB180 instead of THB200. Major Cinemas certainly do one.

I don't remember the exact price but I joined the Avenue club and remember it basically paid for itself after 2 movies. They also gave free movie in your birthday month

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Do people not know Google exists ????

Can you notice how much more informative and to the point the reponse below was?

24 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Yes Wednesday in Pattaya, 120 baht at the Avenue. But there is nothing worth watching.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Can you notice how much more informative and to the point the reponse below was?

Did you notice how that response doesn't match Google search that says 120 baht everyday not just Wednesday like he said. If he followed that advice he would miss 6 days of movies lol

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Looking at the replies, it seems 'one size doesn't fit all'.

Google (always) is your friend for accurate info.  Best reply was ...

... 'nothing worth watching'

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, dddave said:

This is a forum on which people are encouraged to ask question so why wouldn't they?  Simple local knowledge.  Sometimes Google gives a lot of conflicting  info and we all know how often Thai websites can be out of date or incorrect.  

Asking a 'how long is a piece of string' query on a forum isn't going to give you results either.

I find most queries can be answered quicker, and most times more accurately on Google.  

Ignorance on how to use or ask on Google is one thing.  Pure laziness is another.

Asking a price for a product from different vendors, all having different promotions ...

... kind of pointless

29 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Since tiktok,  i cant watch anything longer than a few minutes. 2 hour long movie,  no way.  Hard to concentrate.  

Very true, needs to be under 2 hours. Plus there's 20 mins of adverts. Oppenheimer 3 hours + 20 way too long. Sisu 1 hour 30, skip the adverts, perfect

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

So my new Netflix fee was worth it 500baht , I can watch 10 movies a month at 50b a pop, along with 3 other people, watchin different things, so 1.5 baht each. 

Hadn't watched it for more than a year. 

Comparing Netflix to the Cinema is like comparing a date with a loving woman to a night home alone....Lucky you prefer home alone

By the way my Thai Netflix only costs 99 baht per month for unlimited movies so you are being ripped off

Edited by Pattaya57

This has to be one of the most unintentionally sad posts I’ve seen. Talk about Cheapest Charlie of all Cheap Charlies You only care to see a cinema if there’s like a $2 discount? Why not just go to the movie regardless of how much of a discount there is? Seems to me if you want to see a movie, paying an extra $1.70 wouldn’t be a deterrent for most people. 

is 200 baht instead of 120 baht going to break the bank? Honestly that is such a small amount of money it isn’t even worth planning a day around, nor asking on a forum when and where I can get that sweet $2.06 cents discount

What a strange post

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

This has to be one of the most unintentionally sad posts I’ve seen. Talk about Cheapest Charlie of all Cheap Charlies You only care to see a cinema if there’s like a $2 discount? Why not just go to the movie regardless of how much of a discount there is? Seems to me if you want to see a movie, paying an extra $1.70 wouldn’t be a deterrent for most people. 

is 200 baht instead of 120 baht going to break the bank? Honestly that is such a small amount of money it isn’t even worth planning a day around, nor asking on a forum when and where I can get that sweet $2.06 cents discount

What a strange post

120b normal days.

100b cheap charlie days.