Indian Tourists Amazes Me.

NONG CHOK

19 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

I don't see any bar in Pattaya letting 3 people share one Heineken. Story so stereotypical, sounds fake. And I say that not being a fan at all of the majority of Indian tourists I've ran into. The same with the majority of Russian and Chinese. 

I agree with you. I was married to an Indian women for over 20 years and have travelled that country extensively. I've never known them to behave in this manner or anything like it.. IMO @NONG CHOK is spouting a load of racist nonsense.

And by the way @Sandboxer I've never found Indians to smelly either!

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

I agree with you. I was married to an Indian women for over 20 years and have travelled that country extensively. I've never known them to behave in this manner or anything like it.. IMO the O/P is spouting a load of racist nonsense.

Never been to Little India in Singapore.

• Confused 1

I am fairly certain that Indians have to be the most hated people in the world, specifically Indian males. There's countless memes about them harassing women, pooping in the streets, trying to haggle at corporate chain retailers, and more. I haven't met any Thai girl, or woman in the west, who thinks positively of Indian guys.

India has a rich and cultural history and the food is fantastic. More people shouldn't hate them, but it seems like Nobody likes Indians. Pretty sure not even their own women like Indian guys, which must be why the arranged marriage thing still persists to this day. The women there can't get away from their men fast enough..

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I agree with you. I was married to an Indian women for over 20 years and have travelled that country extensively. I've never known them to behave in this manner or anything like it.. IMO @NONG CHOK is spouting a load of racist nonsense.

One of the suppliers to my work do plastic injection work for us..... 90% Indian staffed.

Walk into the place and it smells of curry and cricket.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

As long as they finally start wearing deodorant and don't smell like a woodpile of anal glands I don't really care.  Hell, I totally approve of their cheapness. Anyone who minimizes the greedy bar owners' profits is ok in my book.

Lmao

Spot on. Especially the last part, those owners' routinely tack-on things to the farrangs' bill when they're nice and drunk, and then gaslight them into thinking they ordered it or don't remember ordering it because they're drunk.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, moogradod said:

Guess this is a real cultural issue. They still have this caste system, and a servant is a servant and of lower "value". You will even encounter this behaviour in Thailand where maids, servants etc. are at times treated inadequately. Have witnessed this many times.

OK, but they have no right whatever to transport their culture, it's values and behaviors into another society and expect or demand that the 'other society accept their values and behaviors.               

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

OK, but they have no right whatever to transport their culture, it's values and behaviors into another society and expect or demand that the 'other society accept their values and behaviors.               

Why not?

We do!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

but it seems like Nobody likes Indians. Pretty sure not even their own women like Indian guys, which must be why the arranged marriage thing still persists to this day. The women there can't get away from their men fast enough..

Pretty much the same for us Brit males.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

There's some sort of cultural upbringing that causes certain (well almost all) Brits to want to commit violence and hit someone - after a few drinks.

Give me a cheap Indian sharing a Heineken anyday, rather than someone who may break my leg after a Heineken. 

Another Brit Basher.

3 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:
21 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

As long as they finally start wearing deodorant and don't smell like a woodpile of anal glands I don't really care.  Hell, I totally approve of their cheapness. Anyone who minimizes the greedy bar owners' profits is ok in my book.

Rather racist comment, you must have a very low self esteem.

If that's racist than I suggest you spend a few hours time locked up in a steel tube at 35k ft with 300 Indians (or just a normal non-ventilated aircon resto in, say, Bangalore or anywhere else in the country). I "did time" there before retiring. S-hole. Worst 2 yrs of my life in terms of overall quality of life (having maids/drivers etc doesn't mean a thing when you're in hell) but the package my company offered was simply too good to turn down.

Not even joking, my 2yr stint in Lagos/Nigeria was like Switzerland in comparison, and Nigeria is one of the worst places on earth to be an expat.

Better to be a racist than a truth-denying snowflake. Not sure what that has to do with self esteem as I'm obviously superior.????

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Thumbs Up 1

A friend of mine has a thai wife who works as a waitress in an Indian Resturant. One Evening a party of 5-6 Indian's turned up she said it took 20 mins to order the cheapest meals on the Menue and 2 btls of table wine. They shared the meals between them and when they left the table was like a pigs trough, food all over it all over the floor and it took her and another staff member a long time to clean the table and area they were sat. In her words she said they were like greedy pigs and no Tip.

Edited by BarraMarra
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

If that's racist than I suggest you spend a few hours time locked up in a steel tube at 35k ft with 300 Indians (or just a normal non-ventilated aircon resto in, say, Bangalore or anywhere else in the country). I "did time" there before retiring. S-hole. Worst 2 yrs of my life in terms of overall quality of life (having maids/drivers etc doesn't mean a thing when you're in hell) but the package my company offered was simply too good to turn down.

Not even joking, my 2yr stint in Lagos/Nigeria was like Switzerland in comparison, and Nigeria is one of the worst places on earth to be an expat.

Better to be a racist than a truth-denying snowflake. Not sure what that has to do with self esteem as I'm obviously superior.????

I lived in India in the past as well and I also have my thoughts about the country, culture and people.

What I don't do is looking down on Indians by mocking them in a public forum. That would indeed make me a racist. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

I lived in India in the past as well and I also have my thoughts about the country, culture and people.

What I don't do is looking down on Indians by mocking them in a public forum. That would indeed make me a racist.

Just truthful criticism. You should hear me when I start ranting about the many nasty habits of members and ethnic groups within my own nationality... ????

1 hour ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Isn't Henry Cavill English? Probably more to do with being attractive or not. Lots of ethnic and foreign women think Brits and Europeans are the best farrangs.

If you were that good looking you would not be paying to get laid in Thailand.

• Love It 1

36 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

Just truthful criticism. You should hear me when I start ranting about the many nasty habits of members and ethnic groups within my own nationality... ????

I think nobody here wants to hear your frustration that you take out on others. Obviously you must be having some issue with your self esteem.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Hi there, As the title suggests Indians in Pattaya amaze me. Around 11.30 am I went to the Bodega Bar on the corner of Pattaya Klang and Soi Post Office. After a long walk and shopping at Villa Mart I decided to relax there. After about 30m minutes in walks these 3 big Indians. They studied the drink menu for at least 5 minutes. Then they bought one Heineken and shared it. Then one lit up a smoke and they shared that. They all wanted to know the Bodega Bars free WIFI. When that settled down they wanted to play pool. When they were told they needed to pay 20 baht per game, their very dark black complexion nearly turned green. What TAT sees in these types of tourists amazes me. I'm not a tourist I'm a condo owner and I've lived in Pattaya for the past 20 years.

Next time visit a 5 star hotel where you can see Indian families spend a fortune.

What about the expats looking for the place with the cheapest beers?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Yes I am calling you a liar. 

Refreshingly honest statement in it's own way.

You are wrong.

<deleted> off, and when you come to the gate marked you can't <deleted> off past here, live the impossible dream, climb over the gate and <deleted> off some more!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Second Rd,  not Pattaya Klang.

(Sure you have been in Pattaya 20 years?)

To stay on topic, Indian tourists I find to be funny.

Was in town today and coincidentally had interaction with a few, seemed to be quite a lot of them about. First group walking in the middle of the road on Klang... where there actually is a pavement... albeit looks like it was hit by mortars. I tried suggesting they would be safer walking on the pavement... got a polite 'thank you' but in reality I might as well tell the cat not to use my garden as a toilet.

Later on, I was trying to sleep in an MP... no elevator music and the AC had cooled me, and I thought I might doze.... a group of 2, maybe 3 came in, and the girls sounded like they were trying to herd more cats....my peaceful time destroyed by conversation, phone calls, ring and notification tones set extra loud. Pattaya will have very different demographics  in 2-3 years if these visitors keep increasing. 

The guy who posted asking about Pattaya, wanting to visit after a 7 year hiatus.. get your trip in soon!

Edited by jacko45k

2 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

I am fairly certain that Indians have to be the most hated people in the world, specifically Indian males. There's countless memes about them harassing women, pooping in the streets, trying to haggle at corporate chain retailers, and more. I haven't met any Thai girl, or woman in the west, who thinks positively of Indian guys.

India has a rich and cultural history and the food is fantastic. More people shouldn't hate them, but it seems like Nobody likes Indians. Pretty sure not even their own women like Indian guys, which must be why the arranged marriage thing still persists to this day. The women there can't get away from their men fast enough..

wrong,,,,it's you who hates them.

You are plainly jealous of them as they are having more and more money and perhaps an indian in your firm got the promotion and you did not maybe. However we doubt anybody would employ a frustrated racist like you inventing stories here. 

Indians in general can be very good looking like those in bollywood movies and all the ladies who are Miss World or Universe, I prefer an indian lady to a over white skinned farang who looks as if he has a liver problem due to excess drugs that makes the skin far to white.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1