Deadly Altercation Erupts Among Friends Over 'Hitler' Drawing

webfact

8 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

In Thailand.

Hm,...Asians and alcohol !?!? When I was traveling several times to the Philippines There were almost daily articles in the newspapers about best friends killing each other when drunk !!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

There but the Grace of God.... I used to drink in Ramkhamhaeng with an alcoholic friend and things often got out of control. Once I stuck a fork in his forehead and he stabbed me with a pizza knife. 

Really only one factor here, and it's nothing to do with Hitler, it's King Alcohol.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

They didn't live through it or were taught about the real atrocities at school... 

Joking about it is all they know.

All they're taught about 'history' in school is ancient Thai history - they're not taught anything about the world outside, including WWII, nor about the whole morning that it took for the Thais to surrender to the Japanese. (And that was only because, as soon as the Japanese aircraft attacked, the Thai PM  at the time disappeared and couldn't be found for three hours . . . )

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

There but the Grace of God.... I used to drink in Ramkhamhaeng with an alcoholic friend and things often got out of control. Once I stuck a fork in his forehead and he stabbed me with a pizza knife. 

Really only one factor here, and it's nothing to do with Hitler, it's King Alcohol.

I have an old friend in Australia. When he gets to a certain 'alcohol saturation' level he turns real nasty; never violent, just personal ugly abusive. 

He has several intorductory lines when he starts: 

e.g. "OK, it's home truths time and I'm gunna tell you all your faults."

When he starts one of his introductory lines everybody flees.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, scorecard said:

It also highlights that plenty of younger folks in the community think that Hitler's policies, aims, activities are suitable materials for jokes. 

Yee, like Fawlty Towers and Allo' Allo'...

Edited by freedomnow
  • Confused 1

The swastika, if that's what it was, has a long past. It was popular long before Hitler adopted it and it became a hated symbol. They appear in Budhist and Hindu religions. I remember when I lived in Japan about 30 odd years ago, that the locations of temples were indicated by a reversed swastika.

I would also add, as a Filipino resident of 25 years, that such incidents, killing a friend after drinking and getting into an argument, in the Philippines are quite common. I know personally of two cases. In one case, the brother of my now ex-wife (my b-in-l) was drinking heavily with friends. One of his friends pulled a ring off his finger and, horsing around, wouldn't return it. He went home came back with a gun and shot his friend dead. I was even asked to pay Php50k blood money to keep him out of jail.

Edited by Older and Wiser
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, 10baht said:

Knives don't kill people, people kill people. I just want the "ban all knives" crowd to back off.????️

BS!

People use weapons/objects to make the killing of others easier!

It then follows that removing weapons makes people killing people more difficult!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I contend that it's not possible to draw something on someone's head without being pushed away at the very instant of the attempt. Moreover, assuming the drawing was somehow completed, how could he see what it was? 

(Oh gawd, why do I bother...?) 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

How does one playfully draw a Hitler symbol on someone's head?

Always used to be a dic drawing on your face or back when drunk .
Think i would prefer the hitler symbol if i had a choice.
Not that i passed out easily lots of lightweights in your group is always good

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

I contend that it's 

it's not possible to draw something on someone's head without being pushed away at the very instant of the attempt.

For the truly old among us, there was a wonderful episode of the British sitcom “Till Death Us Do Part” in which Mike drew a funny face on a sleeping Alf Garnet’s bald head.

• Confused 2

47 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Same here, remember one mate got very upset on awakening, lunged towards me  and fell over as we'd ties his laces together ????

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, pomchop said:

Hate to tell you but thailand is far from the ony country in the world where  people  do some really violent and stupid acts especially after a drinking session. If it were in usa they would have likely shot each other as well as a few onlookers a few times.

First sentence true. Second ridiculous and dead wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

Same here, remember one mate got very upset on awakening, lunged towards me  and fell over as we'd ties his laces together ????

Back in the day (Rugby and Football teams), you'd end up with missing eyebrow.... 

.... falling asleep was an absolute no-no...  

... one lad received the 'Friar-tuk' and had a bald patch shaved on the top of his head. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, pomchop said:

Well near where i grew up in the south of usa last friday night there were 3 separate shootings at 3 different high school football  games within a 100 miles all done by wild teens.  The players and fans ran for their lives and the games all cancelled.  Yes there are a lot of bad Thai apples but they do not have a monopoly on violence.

Definitely the result of left wing politics on diversity.

There was no such thing in my teen years.

But I do remember the years when immigration came into play also. The news reported on a stabbing downtown Ottawa. We had never heard of such an occurrence.

then the news explained that it was between Asian people, new immigrants...

then we knew that something was about to change in our culture....

The importation of other cultures.... Referred to as 'diversity'.

• Confused 2

The idea that modern groups can claim ownership of common symbols is wrong. Swastikas are much older than Nazis.  Nazis don't own swastikas, just as the alphabet people don't own rainbows.

• Like 1