I've studied more than 5,000 near death experiences. My research has convinced me without a doubt that there's life after death.

Social Media

25 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Parasites and worms exist in the real world.

You'd have to show some evidence of "spirits" before claiming they have the ability to hop between bodies.

No I dont. If you cannot prove it's impossible then it is possible.

Once you rule out the impossible, all you are left with is the possible.

This is how science works.

Every known theory started with someone exploring possibilities.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Well, okay then!

I can't "prove" that it's impossible for atomic leprechauns to fart magical skittles into existence which blossom into fully-formed universes, each with a unique bar code from Wal-Mart with guaranteed low, low prices.

It must be possible................'cause science.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Well, okay then!

I can't "prove" that it's impossible for atomic leprechauns to fart magical skittles into existence which blossom into fully-formed universes, each with a unique bar code from Wal-Mart with guaranteed low, low prices.

It must be possible................'cause science.

Yes you can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bignok said:

That's not how science works. If you don't know that something is impossible and also don't know that it is possible then the answer simply is "don't know yet". A scientific theory has a specific meaning. It means we have an *explanation* for an observed behaviour and the theory is able to repeatedly predict such behaviour and can be tested. What you have is an unsupported hypothesis.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Purdey said:

There is a lot of money to be made from giving people hope of an afterlife.  Write a book, become an evangelist, Hope means money for someone. 

Been going on for centuries and TV has made it even more lucrative.  Used to be pass the collection plate at sunday preaching and rake in whatever they could "guilt" the poor to cough up.  Now it is all slick TV productions with big stars like Joel Osteen and his multi,million mansions flying around on jets....and he is but one of many many con men trading his BS of afterlife to people in return for $$.

All further promoted by governments providing churches with billions of dollars every year as "tax free" status.

Trade "hope" for cash.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

What a strange retort.

I never met Hitler, should I discard all evidence of his evil and give him the benefit of the doubt?

Huh????

Was Hitler canonized by the Catholic Church? 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unlike some others, who have had a bad experience in their lives and blame God, I think about the fact that we all are going to die anyway, and most by their 80's or so, and that short life is nothing compared to forever. God gives us a choice to do whatever we want, a freedom, which is how it should be, as we are not robots. We can choose to follow the laws he has given us, which of course make sense and help us to get along with each other, or we can choose to do whatever we want without thinking of the consequences, hurting others, not believing in who created all of this, and living without hope. He allows Satan t have some power over us, which we can choose to ignore, or go along with. That's our freedom. People die from one day to 110 years or more, but if we follow God, that short or longer life still is nothing compared to again, forever. I have questions myself why he allows evil to hurt us, but that's again where faith comes in. believing in something we can't see. I don't listen much to people who find excuses not to believe. I try and convince them otherwise, because it's the most important decision they will ever make. I know that most if not all people that are atheists have lost someone important in their lives or see such evil in the world and cannot understand why a God would allow it. We can't see what's coming after, so some refuse to believe it can happen, so take the easy way out. I won't do that, no matter what happens, because again, this life is very short no matter how long you live.

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Unlike some others, who have had a bad experience in their lives and blame God, I think about the fact that we all are going to die anyway, and most by their 80's or so, and that short life is nothing compared to forever. God gives us a choice to do whatever we want, a freedom, which is how it should be, as we are not robots. We can choose to follow the laws he has given us, which of course make sense and help us to get along with each other, or we can choose to do whatever we want without thinking of the consequences, hurting others, not believing in who created all of this, and living without hope. He allows Satan t have some power over us, which we can choose to ignore, or go along with. That's our freedom. People die from one day to 110 years or more, but if we follow God, that short or longer life still is nothing compared to again, forever. I have questions myself why he allows evil to hurt us, but that's again where faith comes in. believing in something we can't see. I don't listen much to people who find excuses not to believe. I try and convince them otherwise, because it's the most important decision they will ever make. I know that most if not all people that are atheists have lost someone important in their lives or see such evil in the world and cannot understand why a God would allow it. We can't see what's coming after, so some refuse to believe it can happen, so take the easy way out. I won't do that, no matter what happens, because again, this life is very short no matter how long you live.

I am not one for prayer aka talking to imaginary things in the sky but i will make an exception in this case...

Dear Jesus:  Please keep people like this away from me...thanks....

I don't listen much to people who find excuses not to believe. I try and convince them otherwise, because it's the most important decision they will ever make

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Why do you feel the need for there to be a God/Goddess ?

Edited by fondue zoo

3 minutes ago, pomchop said:

I am not one for prayer aka talking to imaginary things in the sky but i will make an exception in this case...

Dear Jesus:  Please keep people like this away from me...thanks....

I don't listen much to people who find excuses not to believe. I try and convince them otherwise, because it's the most important decision they will ever make

Sorry you had something happen in your life which led you astray, but the alternative to having a creator isn't possible. The universe, which is all matter, cannot happen from nothing. Some try to explain this away but none of it makes sense. They believe in other non believers theories because of their hatred or ambivalence towards a God, which is also shared by those same non believers. Very sad when you have no hope for a better life after this hurtful one. I choose to believe there's a reason things aren't well here, one we can't yet understand. We aren't weak followers, but strong in our faith. Our faith is challenged constantly, which shows how strong we can be if we choose. Think of how this world would be if there weren't any believers. The chaos would end the world population in a very short time. Be thankful there are those who choose to try and follow his commandments.

8 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Why do you feel the need for there to be a God/Goddess ?

Hope that there's a much better place after all this <deleted> we live in. That anyone who can create the universe can also have a place without pain waiting for those that believe in the only God we have.

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Hope that there's a much better place after all this <deleted> we live in. That anyone who can create the universe can also have a place without pain waiting for those that believe in the only God we have.

If he/she/it/they is/are so powerful and compassionate, why can't he/she/etc. make the place that we are currently in a place without pain?

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Sorry you had something happen in your life which led you astray, but the alternative to having a creator isn't possible. The universe, which is all matter, cannot happen from nothing. Some try to explain this away but none of it makes sense. They believe in other non believers theories because of their hatred or ambivalence towards a God, which is also shared by those same non believers. Very sad when you have no hope for a better life after this hurtful one. I choose to believe there's a reason things aren't well here, one we can't yet understand. We aren't weak followers, but strong in our faith. Our faith is challenged constantly, which shows how strong we can be if we choose. Think of how this world would be if there weren't any believers. The chaos would end the world population in a very short time. Be thankful there are those who choose to try and follow his commandments.

Thanks for the lecture. 

Now please move along and leave me alone and keep your "pity" for me to yourself.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

If he/she/it/they is/are so powerful and compassionate, why can't he/she/etc. make the place that we are currently in a place without pain?

We created most of the pain. God has a right to be mad if we break his laws. He created everything so he can choose his laws, and they do make sense. As far as diseases that kill and hurt, that I myself don't fully understand, but again, life is short in any event.

4 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Thanks for the lecture. 

Now please move along and leave me alone and keep your "pity" for me to yourself.

It's your choice to either read or not read what anyone writes. We don't "move along" because someone disagrees with us.

• Like 1