Thai man’s attempt to retrieve fan ends in tragic loss in Chon Buri

snoop1130

29-แผ่น2.jpg

A man tragically died after a Thai man cut his hand as he tried to retrieve a fan in Chon Buri. The man sliced his hand on a metal sheet which resulted in a severe loss of blood. Dismissing it as a minor wound, he was later found dead in another room the following morning. The police are yet to conclude the cause of death.

Police officer Khajornsak Somvang of Nong Yai Police Station today at 9am received a report of the Thai man’s death at a house in Klong Phlu Subdistrict, Nong Yai District, Chon Buri Province. Responding to the report, he arrived at the scene with a medical examiner from the Moral Rescue Unit, Nong Yai Association.

The deceased, a 69 year old Thai man named Songsak, was found in a state of undress, wearing only black trousers. He had a severe wound on his right wrist and was lying dead on his back. Blood stains were found on the wall and other items around the house. The man’s 64 year old wife, Ubon, was found sitting at the front of the house, waiting to provide a statement to the police.

Ubon told investigating police officers that her husband reached into another room full of metal sheets to unlock the door, during which he hurt his wrist. He then entered the room to fetch the fan. She didn’t pay much attention until she found her husband dead in another room the next morning.

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Image via Khaosod

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/chon-buri-man-found-dead-after-minor-wound-escalates-police-investigate-potential-foul-play

-- Thai PBS 2023-08-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Neighbors reported they frequently argued. The wife found him dead in another room at 9am. Mmmm :unsure:. most older Thais normally are up at the crack of dawn. :unsure:

Well he didn't get up early that day.. because he was dead. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I'd have thought she would have checked on him a lot earlier, but probably wanted to avoid another argument.

Almost certainly...my Mrs would leave me alone if I slept in after a night out too. Does sound a bit odd though.

• Thumbs Up 1