Pattaya City Vows to Finish Roadworks on Beach Road and Second Road before Upcoming High Season in October

webfact

41 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

Currently every time we have a few showers of rain you can already see that the  leveling and paving on the Beach Road foreshore is not level with huge pools of rain water all along the new work. So I guess next year they will pull it up yet again for remedial work?. 

I don't think Thai pavers have learnt or been taught to put falls in their paving.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Notice all the workers at the construction site in the photo NONE! This is like second road and Soi 15 construction jobs, many days with no workers and no work progressing at the job sites. Also south road pedestrian walkways, still haven't been completed 100% and parts of the walkway tiles are already broken and crumbling - such high quality materials are used. This project has going on for 5 years.

Pattaya and surrounding  area has had continuous road construction. for more than 7 years. No sooner is an area completed, then some reason causes them to dig it up again. There is no coordination or cooperation between the different groups that maintain the utilities below the street or at street level. Many times when repairs or replacement are done, they use the products that fail in less than 5 years, causing the need to block traffic again and start a new project.

I'm in a 'surrounding area', namely the Mabprachan area on the Darkside.  We have the same problem here--dirty, dusty road construction taking forever.  In this case, it's widening the road and installing bigger drain pipes.  Long stretches have been torn up and many days there are no or very few workers working.   When they are working, often it's with with inadequate equipment. 

There's absolutely no regard for the poor businesses along the road, which have had their business frontages torn up for months in some cases.   Instead of quickly finishing short stretches of the construction, for minimum impact on the businesses, the whole length of the project has been torn up and, at this point, none of it seems to be done.  In some cases they seem to be re-digging for the second or third time.  

One way we can tell the work has been taking too long.  There are two big trees in the path of where the road is being expanded.  Tree cutters came and hacked off all the branches in anticipation of the trunks being soon removed.  So slow is the work, the trees have now started to grow back their branches and they are now about 2 or 3 feet long.

• Haha 1

One thing I have learned over the years in Thailand is they love love love to set unrealistic fast completion dates to costruction projects.....

I have lost count how many times they have promised 2nd road will really really be finished by so and so date...This has been going on for years....

100% guaranteed the new dates will be missed too..

Good thing it's not the only road in Patts ????

Geez, complain about the road ... it needs fixing.   Complain when they are fixing it.  Can't wait till y'all find something wrong with it after it's fixed.

Nothing like being happy in one's misery, or is it the misery that makes you happy.

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Geez, complain about the road ... it needs fixing.   Complain when they are fixing it.  Can't wait till y'all find something wrong with it after it's fixed.

Nothing like being happy in one's misery, or is it the misery that makes you happy.

Well you obviously dont have to drive down 2nd road.......Must be nice....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Do shut up.. you don't even live in Pattaya, so have no idea what you are talking of. Just another Nakhon Nowhere resident looking at Pattaya posts to alleviate boredom and pick an argument. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Do shut up.. you don't even live in Pattaya, so have no idea what you are talking of. Just another Nakhon Nowhere resident looking at Pattaya posts to alleviate boredom and pick an argument. 

That's one reason I don't live there, too congested to begin with, whether doing road work or not.

Life is about choices.  You make them, you live with them.  Don't cry after the fact  ENJOY

Got to read something while sipping my morning cup.

Nakhon Nowhere doesn't have those problem, that's why I live here.  No complaining from me ????

Edited by KhunLA

Just now, KhunLA said:

That's one reason I don't live there, too congested to begin with, whether doing road work or not.

Well the place has changed somewhat since many made that choice. Sufficient to say, it is exceptionally bad at the moment, with a multitude of projects.. I too live well out of own but go in quite often.

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well the place has changed somewhat since many made that choice. Sufficient to say, it is exceptionally bad at the moment, with a multitude of projects.. I too live well out of own but go in quite often.

Visited shy of 20 years ago, it was a bit much then.  Then last time, probably 15 yrs ago, and seriously, can't imagine how bad it is now.

Patts is the kind of place you pick to live, only if you can walk to everything you need, which should actually be possible, IF, you chose the right part of town to live in.

Then all you need to do is deal with the weekenders, which would be a good time to sit & sip poolside.

Good Luck.  Highs season is only couple months away.

Edited by KhunLA