An IPTV thread

ezzra

The loon hijacking and spamming the the thread is one of many profiles of the same

24 minutes ago, NextG said:

You are just blathering in the hope that someone will fall for it…. You got busted and now you are trying to pretend that you meant IPTV all along ????

You SPECIFICALLY wrote about proprietary boxes from the likes of TRUE, as well as having to pay them a subscription. But there is no proprietary box nor a subscription payment to the suppliers of the aforementioned. 
Each failure of yours leads to another attempt to move the goalposts ???? but you still fail to net the ball ☺️

What a LOSER…

A total loser and in self destruct mode and in the ignore box with the others????

17 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Here's the box that came with my True package ???????? it can access the IPTV True app if I wanted to get that service (yes it costs extra) ???? I don't use it, so excuse the dust, and I had no choice but to take the box with my package. It's branded TRUE on top. But you said proprietary boxes don't exist. So that's another loss for you.

What is this weird reverse-psychology im-not-wrong-you're-wrong thing you keep trying to do? Like you just keep going on about how I'm wrong and not providing any explanation or evidence. Just keep saying you're wrong you're wrong you're wrong. Really weird tactic when you already lost an argument, but ok.

You seem like an unhinged individual. I'll leave you to your disorder.

20230831_173842.jpg

Nothing to do with the OP… 

4 hours ago, circa02 said:

That's just one aspect, the majority of these free streaming sites suffer from bandwidth contention at source. i.e. they have saturated their 10gbit OVH, Hetzner, Leaseweb servers - usually one of the three.  The incentive to limit subscribers or enforce QoS doesn't exist as it's just ad money.  You can get 8 core snapdragon android box with 16gb RAM and dedicated GPU and you'll still see issues. I wouldn't be so smug that the sites you list will be around next month or even next week.

These free streaming sites are way flakey, are you sure they are hosted at one of the major data centers? I had imagined they were Russian. They should be avoided at all cost, there are better ways of getting content - streamio, torrentio or some other similar method using the same protocol.

• Thumbs Up 1

By golly, i did open a can of warm did i and a lively discussion? Yes, those streaming servers has their limitations and fair share of problems, but my post was all about is recommendations for the LEAST problematic one.

• Haha 1

Try hdprime. 380 Baht per month for many, mainly UK TV channels, all the sport, I use it for football. 3 days catch-up TV, 99 % reliable which is what I need for EPL. Good support when needed, email them for a free trial. Only pay monthly so the most you can lose is 380 Baht if not satisfied. I've been using them for years.

17 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Www.Sflix.to 

Oh look I can watch everything for free on there. ???? I'm glad Ben Stark knows what he's talking about...Not.

Wouldn't expect a boomer to know about streaming sites though ???? paying a huge corporation for the privilege of using their crappy cable box  + channels is the only way to watch things! ????????‍♂️

Boomer here. I pay for Netflix... no cable required... and no smart ass required to tell me not to pay for such services 

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've been using a fantastic service from a chap called Eric for a number of years now and have no complaints. I'd estimate it's fault-free well over 95% of the time and it works out at around 600 a month, paid quarterly. All the channels I could ever want and many hundreds that I don't, and on the odd occasion there might be a brief problem then he responds or informs what the problem is and that it's being dealt with.

Same here in Chiang Mai. Tech guy if I need him. 400 baht a month. Movies, news, etc. More content than I would ever need. I use 3BB for my wifi home connection to the box.

Edited by wwest5829

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

i have now upgraded from the old Mecool MX8 box to a Android 10 T95, not happy with the 2 streaming suppliers at the moment, and i just wanted to see if any one has a better experiences, Thanks.

I have been using an android box since the old ExpatTV? got busted a few years back. I watch TV on the android box and on my PCs with little difference so the comments about android boxes are garbage. I have tried quite a few of the free tv services but all ran into problems for one reason or another. Currently the only service I watch is TVmucho, about 70 euros a year which is UK orientated and a live service. Problems can be for a variety of reasons, most days I watch the BBC news at 5pm our time and usually reception is quite normal but some days it will stop and start a few times and sometimes so often almost unwatchable. Nothing to do with hardware or service, possibly the weather or local loading on the ISP.

The bulk of the TV I watch is using Kodi, again on both devices, great to use in hotels when limited channels. Found very little in the way of problems with that, you get offered a choice of links and can stay within the limits of the hardware involved. Bit of a learning curve with Kodi but great when you get the hang of it, almost anything you want available. Can be free but I subscribe to Real Debrid for greater scope. 

PS If you want some regular info on IPTV you could subscribe to the Troypoint newsletter.

https://troypoint.com/iptv/

Edited by sandyf
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

i got a great one with films, series, live sports, 15000 channels, plus catch up from 7 days of about 60 main channels

hardly buffers and not hard to set up

guy works out of UK / pattaya.... only about 3,500 B a year

Edited by UKJASE

16 hours ago, recom273 said:

These free streaming sites are way flakey, are you sure they are hosted at one of the major data centers? I had imagined they were Russian. They should be avoided at all cost, there are better ways of getting content - streamio, torrentio or some other similar method using the same protocol.

There's a handful that are popular, and unless its changed recently it was them three a few others that you seen all the time, although Leaseweb has got better at weeding them out now as the chargebacks (and those hosting video streams usually chargeback once they get suspended for DMCA) were hurting them - they will call you to do KYC and ask what you intend to host. But I wouldn't call them major data centers - they are mainly bargain bucket C-cans/tents repurposing old Xeons in some instances over 10 years old, but sufficient to saturate a 10gbit nic. It's not your Equinix's or Telehouses level here. I agree P2P model is more resilient like those you list but I believe they still need a fixed tracker somewhere?

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, UKJASE said:

i got a great one with films, series, live sports, 15000 channels, plus catch up from 7 days of about 60 main channels

hardly buffers and not hard to set up

guy works out of UK / pattaya.... only about 3,500 B a year

Wizz?

Just signed up a few weeks ago - not too bad so far, decent support when needed and a pretty excellent array of channels.  I use a Fire Stick and have had some buffering issues (200 Mbps is my Wifi speed, might be a tad slow) and thus avoid FHD channels but otherwise I am happy.  Fair refund policy if it comes to that, as well.

https://www.wizztv.co.uk/

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

I use a Fire Stick and have had some buffering issues (200 Mbps is my Wifi speed, might be a tad slow) and thus avoid FHD channels

All a Full HD live stream needs is 15 - 20 Mbps to the location of the servers.

Use testmy.net to a European server to test your speed, since Ookla or the likes doesn't make sense, as they will use multithread connection and test to a location in Thailand.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Those cheap android boxes are worse than using a free streaming site. It's total cost is like $30, they're hideously underpowered for streaming or even watching HD

I disagree.  I have a TX-6 box ( any brand ) that I fully enjoy.  By choice I have 4 US stations (  50+ US TV available if I choose to use a IPTV apk ), all the Thai stations, Japanese and Chinese English language, British stations, hundreds of movies. I also have many "old time" US Tv programs as well as some current programs to view, only 2 games, and many news apks. Run on a 42 inch TV with BT speakers onnected for better sound.

I use on WiFi with great results.

Edited by edwardflory
spelling

On 8/31/2023 at 1:38 PM, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Www.Sflix.to 

Oh look I can watch everything for free on there. ???? I'm glad Ben Stark knows what he's talking about...Not.

Wouldn't expect a boomer to know about streaming sites though ???? paying a huge corporation for the privilege of using their crappy cable box  + channels is the only way to watch things! ????????‍♂️

I use a similar site  and brought my chrome cast....use my hotspot on phone to stream all my shows and movies to my tv....add free...as trying to use the site on website is a hot mess with ads and pop ups..so the CC is a workaround .....gonna watch the new Indiana Jones this weekend and by all means AVOID MEG 2    lol...omg is that awful.....also i cast youtube and my news sites

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, fulhamster said:

And there's no Live tv

what would you need to be watching live?....tho im not a sports guys so I dont need much as some for the TV apps have live tv and can streamed with VPN..I use Proton which is free

Mobdro app/apk used to be good for that.....was all live streams--sports movies  tv etc..

8 hours ago, TimBKK said:

Wizz?

Just signed up a few weeks ago - not too bad so far, decent support when needed and a pretty excellent array of channels.  I use a Fire Stick and have had some buffering issues (200 Mbps is my Wifi speed, might be a tad slow) and thus avoid FHD channels but otherwise I am happy.  Fair refund policy if it comes to that, as well.

https://www.wizztv.co.uk/

You will always get buffering via a firestick unless the wifi is of excellent quality. I have Wizz TV but I run it via an Android box and an ethernet cable. Its perfect no buffering at all.

20 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

what would you need to be watching live?....tho im not a sports guys so I dont need much as some for the TV apps have live tv and can streamed with VPN..I use Proton which is free

Mobdro app/apk used to be good for that.....was all live streams--sports movies  tv etc..

Live sports is what most people have iptv for.

Plenty of run of the mill sites and apk's for movies/series/reruns

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2023 at 1:06 PM, ezzra said:

In my many years in this country i went from UBC to True Tv, none with were satisfactory, last few years i have been using IPTV streamer

through an Android  box, the service comes from China at a cost of $ 20-30 a years, lots of connectivity problems with channels hanging, freezing or not working at all, i have now upgraded from the old Mecool MX8 box to a Android 10 T95, not happy with the 2 streaming suppliers at the moment, and i just wanted to see if any one has a better experiences, Thanks.

Here's hopefully some useful info.

Do NOT buy an Android box - cheap and worse than that

https://techcrunch.com/2023/05/18/popular-android-tv-boxes-sold-on-amazon-are-laced-with-malware/

and worse is usually they are running some version of android rather than Google TV - so interface will be rubbish for the usual type of tv remote (most of those Android boxes will require an 'air' remote to be usable...), on top of the underpowered chipsets used in them. 

Buy the "Chromecast with Google TV 4k" (you can check it also from Google itself) - easily avaliable Shopee etc for about 2000bht.

this actually has the proper Google TV software.

you can easily install a VPN app if needed, and i'd recommend Tivimate (or TVSmarters) for an IPTV app. For Tivimate best to go into Settings>General>User-Agent and set it to "VLC" just in case to prevent nay problems with your stream provider.

ps Smarttube is also useful as an alternative to the usual youtube app for reason you'll quickly find out.

pps an App called Button Mapper is good too - remap the Google remote Youtube button to SmartTube and remap the Netflix button to Tivimate, for example.

ppps if you use an iPhone then install the Google home app, and you can connect that to the Chromecast box for data entry etc from your phone rather than faffing with the onscreen keyboard

Edited by coops