Thailand eyes growth in pink economy by attracting international LGBTQ+ retirees

webfact

Before launching into this kind of thing, can we have a reasonably definitive survey of just how many LGBT people there are in society nowadays? Nobody has the slightest idea. For years I've been maintaining that it is about 30% (including those so deep in the closet that they are in denial), but I hear some people still believe it is as low as 2% which is patently absurd.

This is a huge issue for society now. We really need to know what we are dealing with.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

... Followed by a general increase in the financial requirements for retirees to 1.2 million Baht as a performance bond..."

Worse yet, those bank accounts are only insured up to one million in case of bank failure.

Let's not jump the gun.

No such changes as yet.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, connda said:

Pass legislation to allow same-sex couple to marry.  That will bring them.  The daughter of good friends of mine has been living with her girl-friend for over a decade.  I'm sure they would come here if they could get a legal marriage. 

They would make a lot of cash from 'travel to paradise Thailand and have an expsnsive over the top gay wedding on the tropical beach'

They are missing out not allowing gay marriage. It would bring jobs and lots of money.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AngryMan said:

So does the World Wide Web! Should that also be banned?

They would love that. Next it will be black out blinds on the windows when a rainbow appears in the sky.  

They want the kids to have bibles in school which contains stories of genocide, mass murder, rape, how to manage your slaves, underage sex, incest and animal cruelty etc....but are horrified the darling children might read a story book with a gay penguin in it lol.  

1 hour ago, Mr Derek said:

So what's the proper word to identify that type of person? Or are you saying we are not allowed to have one?

Fairy or flamer, depending on the personality.

Flamer - More aggressive, possibly violent if slighted. Homosexual acting, obvious, flaunting, loud.

Fairy - Submissive, quiet, subdued, homosexual acting, can be feminine.

Straight Edge - Homosexual, but heterosexual or neutral acting. You can’t really tell unless you study them closely over time. There’s usually some sort of facial expression that gives it away.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Most gays from the Usa would goto Mexico if they moved from, say the San Francisco Bay Area or Florida, or anywhere else really if they wanted to leave the states.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is REALLY gay, along with many of the other resort towns as well. If your a single guy there you would likely be viewed as gay and not there for women.

I think Thailand could see some traffic as well but most gays from the USA would not really be comfortable in Thailand, at least not the younger hip affluent crowd. Thailand is too grungy for them. Maybe some of the older gays would come. I saw some in patpong in Bangkok but they seemed out of place in a way. Most would go someplace like Mexico. I think there are some living in Jomtein as well near boyztown.

I think the fairies would come to Asia, maybe, but not the flamers. Flamers would like Mexico better.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Most gays from the Usa would goto Mexico if they moved from, say the San Francisco Bay Area or Florida, or anywhere else really if they wanted to leave the states.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is REALLY gay, along with many of the other resort towns as well. If your a single guy there you would likely be viewed as gay and not there for women.

I think Thailand could see some traffic as well but most gays from the USA would not really be comfortable in Thailand, at least not the younger hip affluent crowd. Thailand is too grungy for them. Maybe some of the older gays would come. I saw some in patpong in Bangkok but they seemed out of place in a way. Most would go someplace like Mexico. I think there are some living in Jomtein as well near boyztown.

I think the fairies would come to Asia, maybe, but not the flamers. Flamers would like Mexico better.

So those are the two categories of gay people to you -- fairies and flamers?

Such ignorant and vile bigotry.

You're right that Puerto Vallarta has a lot of gay tourists and expats and locals.

It's a great place but has gotten expensive, too hot in summer, sometimes crocodiles in the water, and seasonal risk of hurricanes.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sharpjwe said:

I notice very negative posts .against gays. Well you fat belly beer ugly <deleted> should look in the mirror. The girls love your money,you have nothing else to offer but the foul mouthing <deleted> that comes out of your mouths. 

What negative posts? I don’t see any.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, KhunLA said:

pink economy ... ????

who comes up with the crap

Stunning isn't it? 'Targeting' this group, 'targeting' that group, 'targeting'  a hokey kokey of different groups every day of the week almost - purely as a source of revenue. It's embarrassing. Too many liquid lunches methinks.

Edited by BusyB
  • Like 2

OK, so I finally read the OP

I thought they were going to offer tourist or retirement discounts for the alphabet folks.  Hey, I can say I'm a trans woman for 25% discount at the hotel or condo sale.  

So I'm living with a women, guess that makes me lesbian .... cool.

I was wrong, news-blip is implying, A-folks must be more prone to HIV & STDs, as they should have better access to healthcare.  ????  Healthcare here is already easily accessible, and one of the perks of living here.

If I was part of the A society, I'd be pissed about the 'they're diseased' implication.  W T F is up with that.  Insult me, then tell me they are here for you ????

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, connda said:

Pass legislation to allow same-sex couple to marry.  That will bring them.  The daughter of good friends of mine has been living with her girl-friend for over a decade.  I'm sure they would come here if they could get a legal marriage. 

Are they legally married in the country they currently reside?

13 hours ago, connda said:

Living together for over a decade, and they would move to TH, just for a piece of paper.

That piece of paper doesn't give straight couples any benefits, worth uprooting your life for.

If anything, it's a negative when you decide not to be together any more.  If you don't get married, then there is no worries about an expensive, life changing divorce.

They should count their blessings.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1