I have not been to Pattaya in nearly 20 years. Tell me what I should do when I visit next month.

Adumbration

5 hours ago, Adumbration said:

what has happened to Patts, especially the girls, their appearance and demeanor

'Cellphone happened' to all of them. Hilarious walking down beach road after dark, and observe a huge majority of them have their face glued to their mobile phone.

No benches on beach road for years now. Bars across serve as a place to rest tired feet, and a refreshment.

For the big bang, soi 6 at 7pm sharp is a place you will never forget. 1000+ girls out on the road, outside their bar all fighting for your attention. They use any trick in the book, and a few you never knew. Anyones wet dream, or beyond crazy.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

No idea, I'm too poor to stay there now that they've dispensed with the Covid specials. The OP talks a good game in his other threads so I assumed he was loaded and could afford the extra grand or so for the 'joiner' extortion.

I would,nt rely too much on ops content in other threads, certainly not finance wise. He,s been spruiking $AU collapse for years now.! ????

50 minutes ago, Trippy said:

Thanks for calling me young. ????

What is a chav in British slang?

British Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a young person who wears fashionable sportswear or flashy jewelry but is regarded as badly behaved or as having lower-class taste.

Council House And Violent.

Not to pull any punches - that is how the expression originated.

Edited by herfiehandbag

24 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

No, it didn’t. It originated from travellers. 
Typically they would wear expensive clothes, such as Burberry Check, but let’s say they didn’t carry it off. In other words, you can wear the bling, but you’re still a chav. 

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

No, it didn’t. It originated from travellers. 
Typically they would wear expensive clothes, such as Burberry Check, but let’s say they didn’t carry it off. In other words, you can wear the bling, but you’re still a chav. 

Baby.. Child.. Works on all levels! 

1 hour ago, Shop mak said:

'Cellphone happened' to all of them. Hilarious walking down beach road after dark, and observe a huge majority of them have their face glued to their mobile phone.

No benches on beach road for years now. Bars across serve as a place to rest tired feet, and a refreshment.

For the big bang, soi 6 at 7pm sharp is a place you will never forget. 1000+ girls out on the road, outside their bar all fighting for your attention. They use any trick in the book, and a few you never knew. Anyones wet dream, or beyond crazy.

All over Thailand, faces glued to phones.

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

I would,nt rely too much on ops content in other threads, certainly not finance wise. He,s been spruiking $AU collapse for years now.! ????

"AUD to 50 cents" or something wasn't it? I was just having a bit of a lend of young Gypsy, see if he's been paying attention or not ????

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/4/2023 at 2:58 PM, Keep Right said:

There must be better places to go and see than Pattaya before a potential life altering surgery procedure such as this.

Based on the OPs own comments the only place better for him might have been be Sodom and Gomorrah.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Nonsense. 

"Chav" may have its origins in the Romani word "chavi", meaning "child". The word "chavvy" has existed since at least the 19th century; lexicographer Eric Partridge mentions it in his 1950 dictionary of slang and unconventional English, giving its date of origin as c. 1860.   

Or from the Oxford English Dictionary :-  While the origin is not certain, the latest Oxford English Dictionary evidence suggests that chav is from Romani ''chavo'' meaning ''unmarried Romani male'' or a shortening of the related British Romani word ''chavvy'' meaning ''child''.

I remember a few (7 or so) years back a big white house/bulding in (just outside) jomtien that was just crammed with freelancers by day and night. It was essentally a huge brothel with indoor and outddoor spaces.

The week was a blur of alcohol and substance abuse but this place stands out in vague memory as particularly mad. 

Ring any bells with anyone? 

10 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Nonsense. 

"Chav" may have its origins in the Romani word "chavi", meaning "child". The word "chavvy" has existed since at least the 19th century; lexicographer Eric Partridge mentions it in his 1950 dictionary of slang and unconventional English, giving its date of origin as c. 1860.   

Or from the Oxford English Dictionary :-  While the origin is not certain, the latest Oxford English Dictionary evidence suggests that chav is from Romani ''chavo'' meaning ''unmarried Romani male'' or a shortening of the related British Romani word ''chavvy'' meaning ''child''.

Fair enough, I am not a lexicographer.

In it's current idiomatic use in English...

1.  Go to Soi 6....this month and next is the best time to be there.  After Oct 31, forget it.

2.  Go to Walking Street....but do not get rinsed by the Go Go babes...very beautiful, but they are heartless mercs.  Will rinse you and make you enjoy it.  Not for the weak.

3.  Tree Town is fun now.  Many options to chill and there is a nice sports bar or two to watch NFL or Soccer

4.  LK is fun and again, many options.

5.  Soi 7 is coming back to life...slowly.

6.  Some really good restaurants in Pattaya and Jomtien...very good.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Espanol said:

P Plus is a good, nice, affordable hotel with optional breakfast and close to soi Buakhao, soi massage, LK Metro and all the action.

https://goo.gl/maps/RZQdz1NydVTndXKm9

For a cheaper option, but also with a pool and guest friendly, you have the LK Mansion Hotel.

https://goo.gl/maps/ebTmgVQyLQrkUKf26

Thanks so much for your post!

As soon as I read the name LK Mansion it jolted my memory.

That was were I stayed all those years ago.  There was a youngish Dutch guy living there permanently for six months...he was a flower cutter or grower (tulips) back in the Netherlands and told me he only worked six months of the year and spent the other six in Patts.  Could of been complete BS but he seemed like a genuine chap.

Anyway he guided me around for a couple of nights he new all the venues.  It was my first time in Patts and I had a lot of fun.

I remember there were some retired black American screws staying there also.  Big lads. One of them was named Jimmy.  One morning when I was catching the lift downstairs I looked up above the door, and smeared on the polished stainless were the words "I love Jimmy" in what I would assume was secretions from a female vagina.

I will be staying at the LK....that is already decided.

Thanks again for your post.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

1.  Go to Soi 6....this month and next is the best time to be there.  After Oct 31, forget it.

2.  Go to Walking Street....but do not get rinsed by the Go Go babes...very beautiful, but they are heartless mercs.  Will rinse you and make you enjoy it.  Not for the weak.

3.  Tree Town is fun now.  Many options to chill and there is a nice sports bar or two to watch NFL or Soccer

4.  LK is fun and again, many options.

5.  Soi 7 is coming back to life...slowly.

6.  Some really good restaurants in Pattaya and Jomtien...very good.

Thanks for your post.  What is Tree Town?  Is a plaza or an open area?

39 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Nonsense. 

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Baby.. Child.. Works on all levels! 

On 9/4/2023 at 12:46 PM, Shop mak said:

Girls. Nightlife. Food. No 5 star. Got you.

Huge changes last 20 years. Traffic is horrible even now in low season.

Ladies are way chubbier than 20 years ago.

St and lt was B500 then, you lucky if you find B1,000 for st now, unless you walk on beach road.

LT was the norm 20 years ago, today most only go ST, unless you offer 2,5k+. Massage shops and weed shops has replaced many 7-11.

Good dinner restaurants behind Kiss restaurant, across from Mike shopping mall, second rd and soi Diana.

Budget mode: Kiss restaurant B100-200.

Food lover: all other restaurant behind Kiss restaurant, typically 500-1000. Beefeather Steakhouse #1, check reviews. 4 star $$$$ though. Worth it.

You speak thai, eat cheap thai breakfast less than B100 sold most places soi Buakhao. Or the many proper restaurants same soi B100-150.

Meeting ladies daytime are mostly online, beach road are mostly a miss daytime until dark. 7pm until 3am peak time for action there.

Dating site like Thaifriendly for daytime meetings. Inflation also online, st 1200++ but quality can be very good. Book very early.

Soi Honey off soi Buakhao, can be good for a pop-in quickie any time they're open.

Stay in the thick of it:

Any hotel near Soi Buakhao area, also for girls and nightlife, Tree Town area across from McDonalds.

Like slim girls? Choose early, after 7-9pm mostly only chubby 65kilo++ available.

Like mature women 40+ with a extra padding?

They are in majority, all bars full of older big ladies.

Like it hardcore? Sure you still remember soi 6, laidback afternoons, really get going by sunset 7pm.

All expences 2,500+ per day, budget hotel, 3 meals, st lady, excluding alcohol and transportation. Want to shrink this budget? find a B400 day guesthouse.

Welcome back.

With regard to what the OP was asking for: best post so far.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, NextG said:

I think you are mistaken about the Soi 13s. Aren’t there up to five of them? I think Soi Yamato and Soi Post Office still have a fair bit going on. 

I certainly hope so, as I will be staying there 2 days from now.

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not mentioned so far i think:

check thaifriendly, can search and tee up girls prior to arrival, app or online.

Windmill agogo, Soi Diamond Walking Street, always a good atmosphere, don't have to bar fine, go for the rest. 99 baht draft.

Other than for those in a hurry, don't get the on line thing. Does anyone believe that they put truth on there or use an untouched photo?

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Other than for those in a hurry, don't get the on line thing. Does anyone believe that they put truth on there or use an untouched photo?

Typical bar owner talk. Like the restaurant owner that says all street food has been sitting there all day and gone bad so you better eat here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Typical bar owner talk. Like the restaurant owner that says all street food has been sitting there all day and gone bad so you better eat here. 

Never owned a bar.

If I were going on such a site be assured I'd be presenting only good things about myself, and the photo would be a showpiece of photoshop magic.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Most people are repeat users of thaifriendly along with bars etc, of course will look different to photos, everyone does but learn who to pick

On 9/4/2023 at 5:14 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Sadly, in Pattaya, the 'Beach Promenade' is a construction site, a good number of former bars on Walking Street are boarded up, and the prettier girls offer their services online. I personally find Pattaya way less appealing now than it was 15 years ago.

Well said Indeed. Also if you are a non-smoker try and avoid being downwind from these hoards of cigarette smoking korean male clones. I ask them when passing if they came to Pattaya to smoke cigarettes. Worse than the chinese. 

18 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Nonsense. 

Or from the Spanish word "chaval": child.  In Mexico: "chavo".