Pheu Thai Govt To Be Slammed If ‘Inmate’ Thaksin Allowed Out Of Jail For Long: Academic

webfact

3 hours ago, kwilco said:

Listen to you – just a load of prejudices and clichés! You clearly no nothing about Chiang Mai and the North - completely overlook the fact that almost all universities DON’T support the yellow shirts. Anyone with an education dislikes the yellow-shirts and what they stand for – books about them have been banned – it’s pretty clear you haven’t read a thing on Thai history.

The only people who support the yellow-shirts re the Thai establishment who want to keep hold of both power and wealth – of course suckers who think like to you just make it so much easier for them.

BTW I used to work for a yellow-shirt leader and a less “educated” more ruthless person you’d be hard put to find.

Sure Thaksin is a populist but so are most other politicians – he didn’t seize power with the brrel of a gun, he didn’t massacre students and he didn’t disenfranchise half the population

What are you talking about? Makes no sense whatsoever. A course in logic and rational reasoning might be in order. I criticize Thaksin, and you start obsessing about the yellow shirts. There's a lot more than just red and yellow. Is there anything in my reply about the yellow shirts. The yellow shirts work for the traditional ,royalist elite. You have the limited mind of a MAGA Trumpian:You are not with us, so you must be a radical Marxist .Your reply is not even cliches, it's I have no idea what. 

My remarks on autocracy are based on studies by the Yale Professors Jason Stanley and Timothy Snyder. So read some books instead of jabbering about whatever is swirling in your head. 

On to another source:The Bangkok post, about 15 years published the results of IQ tests done in different regions of Thailand:

Northern Thailand: 89

Isan: 90

Southern Thailand: 94

Bangkok: 96

Backs up what I said about the support of Thaksin .

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

What are you talking about? Makes no sense whatsoever. A course in logic and rational reasoning might be in order. I criticize Thaksin, and you start obsessing about the yellow shirts. There's a lot more than just red and yellow. Is there anything in my reply about the yellow shirts. The yellow shirts work for the traditional ,royalist elite. You have the limited mind of a MAGA Trumpian:You are not with us, so you must be a radical Marxist .Your reply is not even cliches, it's I have no idea what. 

My remarks on autocracy are based on studies by the Yale Professors Jason Stanley and Timothy Snyder. So read some books instead of jabbering about whatever is swirling in your head. 

On to another source:The Bangkok post, about 15 years published the results of IQ tests done in different regions of Thailand:

Northern Thailand: 89

Isan: 90

Southern Thailand: 94

Bangkok: 96

Backs up what I said about the support of Thaksin .

every single premise you make is fallacious - and as for IQ - only someone whois seriously uniformed would use that as criteria for a whole electorate or measuring anything for that matter. ...and then throw in an appeal to authority fallacy  for good measure.

You need to understand a reference to be able to use it in an argument - you don't

Edited by kwilco
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, crazykopite said:

PT are a finished force when the next GE comes along which hopefully will be sooner rather than later the only worrying thing is that the fugitive will be in control and will be dictating to the current PM who let’s face it is the fugitives stooge they will come to an agreement with the military to keep the unelected senators to try a protect there foothold in government it will then be down to the people to come out in the millions and vote for MFP otherwise nothing will change 

The PT reinvents itself after each and very "loss" and no doubt it will do the same again.

Who's this "fugitive" you allude to? Last I read, Thaksin has returned, surrendered, and if not exactly jailed any more, certainly in some form of custody.

Nobody needs to keep an unelected quotient of military-aligned senators any more. The law mandates that the incumbent sycophants maximum 5-year term totally expires in April-ish 2024. PT are perfectly capable of rounding up their own largely unelected and unelectable cabal of yes people for the upper house without the need for a military crutch. Same trough, different day. Different snouts too.

15 hours ago, dallen52 said:

The thai people responded. 

Choosing who they wanted and have already been overruled. 

Finally, the stealth coup. Only one year behind schedule.

The stealth coup involved all parties, except the public. It follows the 2014 hand phone coup and the 2006 tanks and flowers coup.

17 hours ago, nchuckle said:
On 9/6/2023 at 4:35 AM, NanLaew said:

haters gotta hate

losers gotta lose

I'm sure when you wrote that it made some sense ...to you..

Many thanks for coming out as one of the hitherto unidentified minority that posted a confused emoji.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, rabas said:

Finally, the stealth coup. Only one year behind schedule.

The stealth coup involved all parties, except the public. It follows the 2014 hand phone coup and the 2006 tanks and flowers coup.

You may not like how the government is formed but equating that to a coup is ludicrous. There was no "government' that was taken over and the formation of the government was lawful in full accordance with the constitution. It may not be popular with the voters but no law was broken lest a coup. 

9 hours ago, kwilco said:

every single premise you make is fallacious - and as for IQ - only someone whois seriously uniformed would use that as criteria for a whole electorate or measuring anything for that matter. ...and then throw in an appeal to authority fallacy  for good measure.

You need to understand a reference to be able to use it in an argument - you don't

More gobbledygook, incoherent. Seems to refer to something, but to what. I wasn't using it for the whole electorate, obviously, these studies take statistical averages, that's what sociological studies do.I would bet you never read a scientific study in detail, or any books for that matter. I good give you a list of  starter books, but you will do better on Tiktok. 

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

Who do they think signed the pardon for Thaksin?

I must get a keyboard that types what I want and not what it wants.

I know, but they were so smitten with #9, they can't see #10's true colors.  

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

You may not like how the government is formed but equating that to a coup is ludicrous. There was no "government' that was taken over and the formation of the government was lawful in full accordance with the constitution. It may not be popular with the voters but no law was broken lest a coup. 

But was the Constitution  lawful? Can you fix a Constitution and tell everyone to stop thinking?

21 hours ago, nchuckle said:
On 9/7/2023 at 9:36 AM, NanLaew said:

Many thanks for coming out as one of the hitherto unidentified minority that posted a confused emoji.

I imagine you posted the same confused emoji on your own comment. It would have been appropriate!

If I ever used an emoji, maybe. Emoji's are for the ineloquent, inarticulate and otherwise linguistically stunted.

• Sad 2

On 9/6/2023 at 12:28 PM, thecyclist said:

That is the problem with the Smartphone and Tiktok generation. In the nineties we had a million people marching in BANGKOK, protesting the illegitimate Suchinda regime. Seems impossible with a generation glued to their devices. It's not just Thailand, all over the world the people get screwed, while scrolling to the next mindless distraction.

Dont you think this maybe intentional from a global control prospective? 

On 9/7/2023 at 9:22 AM, Eric Loh said:

id say we are seeing the results of a stealth coup right now. The elected PM has been relegated to the opposition and a non majority party has formed the government, 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Considering that in the past we have seen pictures of "sick, elderly" farangs in terrible condition in prison ICUs (and I don't mean intensive care units) I think that the hospitalization perk is only extended to the wealthy and/or connected citizens.  My guess is that this hospitalization perk isn't particularly extended to Thai commoners nor foreigners.

You gotta be a "somebody" or else you are a nobody.  Nobodies rot I have the feeling.

Edited by connda
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

If I ever used an emoji, maybe. Emoji's are for the ineloquent, inarticulate and otherwise linguistically stunted.

All of those "qualities " are certainly what I notice in your posts. ???? You are mistakingly conflating not using emojis as bestowing articulacy and literacy . Language is an ever evolving tool  which adapts to the new mediums devised. 

You will notice the emoji I used is useful in countering Poe's law. But of course with your language skills,I’ll bet you won’t have to google that… ???? 

See what I did there…?

PS. A levels in French and Latin .

Edited by nchuckle
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, n00dle said:

id say we are seeing the results of a stealth coup right now. The elected PM has been relegated to the opposition and a non majority party has formed the government, 

As much as I like Pita and MFP, the fact remained that he was unsuccessful in his PM bid and it is not uncommon that the party that won the most seats didnt form the government. We now have a government who has royal endorsement. You really need to move on. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, nchuckle said:

All of those "qualities " are certainly what I notice in your posts. ???? You are mistakingly conflating not using emojis as bestowing articulacy and literacy . Language is an ever evolving tool  which adapts to the new mediums devised. 

You will notice the emoji I used is useful in countering Poe's law. But of course with your language skills,I’ll bet you won’t have to google that… ???? 

See what I did there…?

PS. A levels in French and Latin .

I'm impressed. With you noticing all that stuff in my posts I mean.

Otherwise...

PS: City & Guilds in Cheese Mechanics, Garretts Green Technical College.

Edited by NanLaew

9 hours ago, HappyinNE said:

Noted Academic.  Why not get into Politics and become a leader and than someone might listen to you.

Quote from a post today:

There is heightened speculation that former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was granted a pardon and commutation of his sentence by His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn on Thursday, August 31st, reducing his prison term from eight years to one year, may be released from prison as soon as October 13th or December 5th

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Quote from a post today:

There is heightened speculation that former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was granted a pardon and commutation of his sentence by His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn on Thursday, August 31st, reducing his prison term from eight years to one year, may be released from prison as soon as October 13th or December 5th

Former Future Forward Party Secretary-General Piyabutr Saengkanokkul and now Progressive Movement leader this week called on the newly sworn-in government to look at a wider amnesty for all political prisoners as part of an extended national reconciliation process.  

I'm guessing they consider Thaksin a "political" prisoner, not a crook or thief,  you bet.. what ever works to get him out of prison as planned.  ha ha ha