Hospital stay Credit where it's due

Harveyboy

9 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

30000 baht seems bit high for up here, but is there any opposition apart from the public one?

But was it 30,000Baht for the bed and basic nursing or did that include some surgery, advanced technical analysis equipment etc?

• Thanks 1

I spent a couple of weeks in the big Public Hospital here in Chiang Rai two years ago.

Medical care and nursing care was good. Surgical care was excellent.

Food was awful!

Total bill, including 2 operations (1 major, 1 a minor follow up) was marginally over your bill for 1 night!

Interestingly, the one thing they did make a mess of was my diabetes medication. My daughter brought in all my medication, and my "green book" from my local hospital. They lost half my medications, refused to let me use my injection pen, but insisted on using a conventional syringe, and gave me my medication at all sorts of strange times at variance with the proscribed times. I asked to be able to manage my own diabetes treatment but they wouldn't have any of it. It took me a couple of weeks to stabilise everything after I was discharged.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

Hello folks I live in phetchabun just want to pass on my experience from yesterday at Phetch private hospital..

Had a bike accident wife got me to hospital ..normally go to government but due to the injury decided to get in quick ..

Seen immediately..staff polite ..booked a superior room all good ...chose to have Thai food rather than European was OK

We read a lot of bad stuff on here ref hospitals just wanted to post a positive 1 night stay 30.000 baht 

Is 30,000 baht good or did you mean credit(card) where it is due? ☺️

Edited by NextG
  • Haha 2

Hello folks I live in phetchabun just want to pass on my experience from yesterday at Phetch private hospital..

Had a bike accident wife got me to hospital ..normally go to government but due to the injury decided to get in quick ..

Seen immediately..staff polite ..booked a superior room all good ...chose to have Thai food rather than European was OK

We read a lot of bad stuff on here ref hospitals just wanted to post a positive 1 night stay 30.000 baht 

Thanks for your report. The fact that attention was immediate is most important in such circumstances. You are obviously satisfied with your care and accommodation. Another thread today mentioning PAI (Personal Accident Insurance). Something to think about if you don't already have it?  

6 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Thanks for your report. The fact that attention was immediate is most important in such circumstances. You are obviously satisfied with your care and accommodation. Another thread today mentioning PAI (Personal Accident Insurance). Something to think about if you don't already have it?  

But, a good few insurances polices have an excess, mine new one from this year is 500 GBP, say 20000 baht, my old one was 1500 GBP 60 000 baht, if so, the OP would still have to pay most of the bill. 

But saying that, my old Thai AIA would have paid it all, but that was up to a maximin of 60000 baht, but again, this year's renewal premium was 32000 baht, big increase age related, now not using that, you cannot win with insurance. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I spent a couple of weeks in the big Public Hospital here in Chiang Rai two years ago.

Medical care and nursing care was good. Surgical care was excellent.

Food was awful!

Total bill, including 2 operations (1 major, 1 a minor follow up) was marginally over your bill for 1 night!

Interestingly, the one thing they did make a mess of was my diabetes medication. My daughter brought in all my medication, and my "green book" from my local hospital. They lost half my medications, refused to let me use my injection pen, but insisted on using a conventional syringe, and gave me my medication at all sorts of strange times at variance with the proscribed times. I asked to be able to manage my own diabetes treatment but they wouldn't have any of it. It took me a couple of weeks to stabilise everything after I was discharged.

What isa hospital greenbook? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, scorecard said:

But was it 30,000Baht for the bed and basic nursing or did that include some surgery, advanced technical analysis equipment etc?

Yes, I asked that myself after posting. With operating theatre and surgeon it is okay. Bed and basic nursing should be cheap but there is always a "medical supplies" (whatever they are) item that is expensive.

13 hours ago, kickstart said:

But, a good few insurances polices have an excess, mine new one from this year is 500 GBP, say 20000 baht, my old one was 1500 GBP 60 000 baht, if so, the OP would still have to pay most of the bill. 

But saying that, my old Thai AIA would have paid it all, but that was up to a maximin of 60000 baht, but again, this year's renewal premium was 32000 baht, big increase age related, now not using that, you cannot win with insurance. 

I paid 700 excess cash apparently for things not included in my insurance ..but not complaining now home ..

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

I paid 700 excess cash apparently for things not included in my insurance ..but not complaining now home ..

Pleased that you are now home and recovering. A few of us are intrigued. What did the hospital actually do? Were there X-rays, scans, stitches, plaster casts and/or bandaging etc? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

After paying 30,000 Bt for one night I would expect to be waited  by at least three nurses waiting on me, one in constant attendance at my bedside, the best Ritz type evening meal and breakfast etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

After paying 30,000 Bt for one night I would expect to be waited  by at least three nurses waiting on me, one in constant attendance at my bedside, the best Ritz type evening meal and breakfast etc.

boy are you out of date.... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

That's reserved for influential rich prison inmates. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

post a positive 1 night stay 30.000 baht 

What was the diagnosis? Abrasions? Broken bones? Punctured lung? Intercranial bleed?

30k is either cheap or expensive depending on what the diagnosis was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Harveyboy said:

Actually the gov hospital is fine I dong pay anything there treatment meds nothing at all my wife works for the government I've had free treatment for 10 years ,but the other day when blood was pi##ing from my nose and mouth anywhere quick was the best 

Just go add I go regular to the Army hospital here for check ups doctors here good also 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

Actually the gov hospital is fine I dong pay anything there treatment meds nothing at all my wife works for the government I've had free treatment for 10 years ,but the other day when blood was pi##ing from my nose and mouth anywhere quick was the best 

Ok mate thanks for the reply ..I'm logging off now ..I'm home and the tramadol had kicked in ..

• Haha 1

15 abrasions some quiet sever broken cheek bone ..1 scan rmi head scan) I think) and x-rays .. nice fully equipped large and comfortable..all hospital services.inc 

If you've had head trauma best to pay for the best treatment.  Glad to see you're on the mend.

• Thumbs Up 1