8 minutes ago, happydreamer said:

Has anyone else caught wind that WISE is increasing their fees to send money from USD to THB (And others)

What alternatives to this do we have to WISE?  This is literally going to wind up costing hundreds in fees over the span of the year

Screen Shot 2023-09-06 at 5.30.58 PM.png

Is this a USA/US$ thing? Why not post the whole page or link to the whole page?

In the example, they talk about GBP , the n sending USD to Taiwaan , so two conversions.

Just did Bht 40k from GBP to THB, which cost me GBP 5.66 in fees, about 0.6%. 

However, £21000 to Dubai cost £111. which would probably been cheaper using SWIFT, but I needed it there urgently, so 3 hours and it was there.

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

In the example, they talk about GBP , the n sending USD to Taiwaan , so two conversions.

However, £21000 to Dubai cost £111. which would probably been cheaper using SWIFT, but I needed it there urgently, so 3 hours and it was there.

It looks like the changes dont go into effect until end of Sept.  But at any cost, its a ridiculous increase in fees.  Not even percentage based...its a flat fee plus percentage

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Erm… the Dubai transfer also cost less than 0.6%, so you didn’t get stung either way. 

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

i just tried to set up a new transfer, as the app format changed i just went to a recent transfer and selected repeat transfer, it defaults to £10 fee rather than £6, so i had to amend details, anyway they've made the app worse than before

3 minutes ago, happydreamer said:

Ok, I just installed and did a couple of test transfers using Remitly.  The fees are about 2USD. Lets see what happens when I transfer larger sums 

Are you sure your link is not with regard to RECEIVING US$?

Before we get our pantyhose in knots;......

Sending USD to countries outside the US

I'm sure most of us have WISE convert from USD to THB, send THB to our local bank.

This notification is for USD sent via SWIFT.

If this were the send THB fee, it would be cheaper for me to send a free SWIFT from my broker, let Bangkok Bank convert to THB.

Edited by NoDisplayName
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NoDisplayName said:

Before we get our pantyhose in knots;......

I'm sure most of us have WISE convert from USD to THB, send THB to our local bank.

IDK...this is where I'm confused.  maybe just contact WISE support I guess.

2 minutes ago, happydreamer said:

I dont think so.  It says if you're sending to any one of those countries.  I haven't known anyone here to take a payout in USD.  have you?  

It’s what I think and NoDisplayName appears to concur. 

Edited by NextG

1 minute ago, NextG said:

It’s what I think and NoDisplayName appears to concur. 

I mean if thats the case I just  panicked for no reason.  I submitted a support query anyways to get the official word.

So you're saying that if we send USD to a Bank and have it remain and pay out as USD, thats when you think these fees apply?  Correct?

Thanks for chiming in.  Much appreciated

3 minutes ago, happydreamer said:

I dont think so.  It says if you're sending to any one of those countries.  I haven't known anyone here to take a payout in USD.  have you?  

Read the first couple pair of graphs:

Sending USD to countries outside the US

With Wise, you can send USD to bank accounts located outside of the United States that are in USD.

Our prices vary depending on what currency you’re sending from and how you pay for your transfer – for example Wire, ACH or bank transfer.

We send these transfers via the SWIFT payment messaging network.  It’s not the same as sending a regular Wise transfer, and could take up to 5 working days. It also costs a bit more as it goes through intermediary banks. For some countries,

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, happydreamer said:

I mean if thats the case I just  panicked for no reason.  I submitted a support query anyways to get the official word.

So you're saying that if we send USD to a Bank and have it remain and pay out as USD, thats when you think these fees apply?  Correct?

Thanks for chiming in.  Much appreciated

Yes. Also confirmed by NND. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I can’t find anything online or on Wise dot com about any fee increases. The new look showed up in March 2023. I use Wise twice per month USD to THB and the fee is 89 cents plus point six percent. A direct SWIFT bank to bank transfer becomes cheaper at about eight thousand USD. About a fifty dollar fee.

I

2 minutes ago, Kwarium said:

I can’t find anything online or on Wise dot com about any fee increases. The new look showed up in March 2023. I use Wise twice per month USD to THB and the fee is 89 cents plus point six percent. A direct SWIFT bank to bank transfer becomes cheaper at about eight thousand USD. About a fifty dollar fee.

I am all ears but think this thread is all wind. <wink>

Thanks for attending, however late. Perhaps better next time if you checked for a conclusion before posting. The outcome is that the fees are related to RECEIVING US$ in those countries. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NoDisplayName said:

Much ado about nothing.

Who sends USD from US to a USD account in Thailand :crazy:

Careful reading helps a lot:

With Wise, you can send USD to bank accounts located outside of the United States that are in USD.

It’s not the same as sending a regular Wise transfer

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1