When they want to be old

georgegeorgia

Was discussing this topic with a workmate lady night.

So do you know people who want to be old or act old 

He was saying he is giving some friends away now he has turned 65 and they are of a similar age but do nothing but complain. about life or their greatest talks to him are about their grandchildren receiving awards and they all look old some even 60's with grey hair looking wanting to be a grandfather look.

He on the other hand 60's doing powerlifting and going to Thailand and wants to be.....forever young ...I want to be ...forever young .

Some driving mobility scooters ,can't walk up Hills , etc 

Want to be old it seems 

Wearing cardigans my  dad used to wear  !!!!!

have a friend who is one year older than me, 

Every conversation is the same someone had a strange car in their driveway for three hours, what their grandkids is doing (he got an ID card, he’s on the football team

All want to be old and only in their 60's 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

I have a Asian Australian friend known him for years but lately he was visiting me same age as me 60's but balding grey hair with a frail look , wearing a cardigan with tailored shorts and long socks

He showed me pictures of his grandkids ,daughters etc ,he wants to be a family man ,a grand dad ,he wants to look the part ,old frail grey .

I told him he looks old because he wants to be 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess part of being or acting old is letting the younger guys compete with each other and laying back watching the show. I understand that part.

When old guy think others must think that they are younger because they exercise and dress and behave that way, that is often sad. Because those want to be younger guys don't fool anybody. It is obvious that they are not young.

I think we all should accept reality. That's bests for everyone.

But not should you want to act old .

I'm seeing more & more guys in their 60's even younger riding mobility scooters

FFS get off to the gym and stop drinking alcohol 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

Nope,  one can pay for and have sex at any age.

True. An old whitie I know takes Millenials out to eat, so he can be listened to. Like 2K a head for sushi.

Call it 400 baht for a big roll. That's enormous amount of sushi consumed, even tossing in a 400. baht small bottle of sake apiece.

We're in the realm of ringing the bell in a Pattaya bar, but with even less to show for it.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Having a younger girlfriend here will make guys younger, but on the subject of walking, a lot of people on Buakhao struggle with walking, probably a lifetime of a bad diet

not a lifetime of bad diet, a lifetime of little or no exercise.

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't use a mobility scooter and I don't plan to use one anytime soon. But I ride a motorcycle, and often enough for distances which I could walk. I don't walk, because I am too lazy to walk, and the bike is ready to go.

Personally I understand that it's nice to be fit. But at what cost? I was in a gym before, even a nice expensive one. I didn't like it. I don't like using these machines. And I also don't like running outside in the heat. So I am not so fit...

And about drinking alcohol: if guys like to drink a beer or whatever, and maybe play with the girls, why not? It's how they want to live their life - at least at that moment. If I had the choice between an hour in the gym or an hour drinking beer I wouldn't have to think for too long.

Just do fast paced walking in the mall 

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Having a younger girlfriend here will make guys younger, but on the subject of walking, a lot of people on Buakhao struggle with walking, probably a lifetime of a bad diet

I thought trouble walking would be related to too much beer and or too much boom boom

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Liquid diet ... alcoholic myopathy ????

10 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If you really want to remain young, then why don't you start dancing?

image.png.79e393884386c4d3dc62aa113bb3762e.png

image.png.71218fce822ae2463f229e4546878166.png

I've heard they even have activities for retirees like wife swapping.

My uncle is in his mid 80's and moved to Florida several years ago.

He tells me the older you get men are increasingly in short supply, and he's getting more sex than he's ever had.

Little too much info than I wanted from a close family member, but also good to know....Boys don't die young!

The Women Need You

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't use a mobility scooter and I don't plan to use one anytime soon. But I ride a motorcycle, and often enough for distances which I could walk. I don't walk, because I am too lazy to walk, and the bike is ready to go.

Personally I understand that it's nice to be fit. But at what cost? I was in a gym before, even a nice expensive one. I didn't like it. I don't like using these machines. And I also don't like running outside in the heat. So I am not so fit...

And about drinking alcohol: if guys like to drink a beer or whatever, and maybe play with the girls, why not? It's how they want to live their life - at least at that moment. If I had the choice between an hour in the gym or an hour drinking beer I wouldn't have to think for too long.

Maybe it's just about getting to a point in your life where it's just 'Fu##k It'

I used to be gym rat in my younger days, always ate right etc.

But i think when I crossed the 60 barrier it was, who cares!

I'm still pretty fit, but I eat what I want in moderation, not a coach potato and am just comfortable in my own aging skin

It's the male version of women and hair dye.

I read an article about the mega business of women's hair dye, but it concluded exactly the same, around 60 women go, "ahh fu##k it'

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

Thailand is a good place for the elderly because of the general cultural respect for age and wisdom. It is not a barrier here. Not having moey is probably the only real barrier in Thailand.

In my view, most western cultures/countries are for the young. There is a place for the elderly, but it is generally out of sight/out of mind.