Outrage over Abbas's antisemitic speech on Jews and Holocaust

Social Media

3 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

I can’t possibly imagine a single tenuous link between Abbas and Israel.

????????????

Linking Abbas and Israel is clearly about as  silly as mentioning Biden whilst discussing Trump.

It is hilarious how ridiculous you guys are.

Ad hominem attack, trolling, ad hominem attack, trolling…, give it up mate, just take the L.

Pot kettle black

8 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Breaking news - a Palestinian is antisemitic

How rare and unheard of.

Does Israel have a history of oppressing Palestinians and stealing their land?

I do hope that you are not a Caucasian from Canada, USA , Australia or New Zealand whilst pointing fingers at other people and accusing them of land theft 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

As a Jew who lost family in the holocaust I find Abbas's comments  disgusting .... However I am also disgusted by the way Israel treats the ordinary palestinian people it is inhuman and similar to what the Nazis's did  and the

Ordinary Palestinians  in Israel have the same rights as other Israelis , Palestinians serve on Israel's Parliament after being elected and Palestinians play for Israel's Nation football team

Israeli Palestinians have equal rights to other Israeli citizens , there is no apartheid happening   .

On 9/8/2023 at 12:42 PM, MrMojoRisin said:

The Palestinians are in a tough spot; remain silent and docile in the face of what is effectively a slow motion genocide being perpetrated upon them or resort to terrorism which, ultimately, only harms their own cause.

The fault lies with the rest of the world that continues to turn a blind eye to the ongoing injustice of Israeli oppression of the Palestinian people and theft of their land.

The Germans, more than any others, should recognise what is occurring and be at the vanguard of calls for an immediate two state solution.

They should go back to Jordan.

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I do hope that you are not a Caucasian from Canada, USA , Australia or New Zealand whilst pointing fingers at other people and accusing them of land theft 

I am indeed a Caucasian Australian.

Past crimes are past crimes - not much can be done about them now other than what has/is being done: acknowledge the wrongdoing, acceptance of the Mabo ruling, the apology and the upcoming Voice referendum.

Israel is committing land theft as we speak so you’re not really comparing apples with apples are you.

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Ordinary Palestinians  in Israel have the same rights as other Israelis , Palestinians serve on Israel's Parliament after being elected and Palestinians play for Israel's Nation football team

Israeli Palestinians have equal rights to other Israeli citizens , there is no apartheid happening   .

LOL

3 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

I am indeed a Caucasian Australian.

Past crimes are past crimes - not much can be done about them now other than what has/is being done: acknowledge the wrongdoing, acceptance of the Mabo ruling, the apology and the upcoming Voice referendum.

Israel is committing land theft as we speak so you’re not really comparing apples with apples are you.

We should have a thread on that.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Refer OP at top of thread for reference to an Israeli response to Abbas’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory antisemitic statement.

Oh, so Israel can be mentioned in this thread so long as the context suits you.

Defending the indefensible is a tough task, even so, your efforts can only be described as abysmal.

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

Oh, so Israel can be mentioned in this thread so long as the context suits you.

Defending the indefensible is a tough task, even so, your efforts can only be described as abysmal.

Israeli response to Abbas’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory antisemitic statements is mentioned in the OP, it’s part of the topic of discussion.

Nobody here is defending the indefensible, although your attempts to excuse Abbas’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory antisemitic statements come pretty close.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Israeli response to Abbas’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory antisemitic statements is mentioned in the OP, it’s part of the topic of discussion.

Nobody here is defending the indefensible, although your attempts to excuse Abbas’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory antisemitic statements come pretty close.

Are Abbas’ comments a response to Israeli crimes against his people?

The transparency of your double standards is embarrassing.

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

No double standard.

Abbas has made a deliberately offensive and inflammatory antisemitic statement.

A topic of discussion has been opened on the outrage his comments had caused.

Some wish to discuss his comments a the impact they have, you wish to excuse his deliberately offensive and inflammatory antisemitic statement by trolling off topic issues into the discussion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Any alleged crimes committed doesn't make it acceptable to make anti Semitic comments .

Abbas is free to make any Political points about the situation in Israel . Gaza and the West Bank  , but any grievances doesn't give him an allowance to make anti semetic comments 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2023 at 8:02 AM, Social Media said:

Mr Abbas said Adolf Hitler ordered the mass murder of Jews because of their "social role" as moneylenders, rather than out of animosity to Judaism.

Didn't he specifically write this in Mein Kampf? I believe he also stated Jewish communists killed millions of Christian Russians and they would do the same in Germany eventually.

17 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Any alleged crimes committed doesn't make it acceptable to make anti Semitic comments .

Abbas is free to make any Political points about the situation in Israel . Gaza and the West Bank  , but any grievances doesn't give him an allowance to make anti semetic comments 

Condemning words and giving a free pass to actions that have resulted in a tremendous amount of misery, suffering and death is far far worse than what Abbas had done here.

Shame.

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

You obviously totally missed my point! 

No. I caught your point. Things are bad enough in Gaza for the Palestinians without invoking the Holocaust. You claimed that the experience of those in Gaza was like Auschwitz minus the gas chambers. I showed you what it was like for people who weren't gassed but survived. In other words Auschwitz minus the gas chambers.

23 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

While the Israeli state was born in great trauma, and while the Jewish people have been persecuted more than most others over the millennia,

Why do the Jews always end up being persecuted and expelled. Just look at this list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsions_and_exoduses_of_Jews

What is their role in these conflicts? Apparently merely suggesting there may be some reasons besides blind racial hatred is considered offensive (and even illegal in some countries?).  For me personally I would like some more nuance in the discussion before I take any side.

21 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Condemning words and giving a free pass to actions that have resulted in a tremendous amount of misery, suffering and death is far far worse than what Abbas had done here.

Shame.

I have said that he is free to comment on the situation in the area , I have just stated that Anti-Semetic statements are not acceptable .

You seem to be stating that Anti Semitic statements are a reasonable and acceptable response to any actions taken by Israel .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No double standard.

Abbas has made a deliberately offensive and inflammatory antisemitic statement.

A topic of discussion has been opened on the outrage his comments had caused.

Some wish to discuss his comments a the impact they have, you wish to excuse his deliberately offensive and inflammatory antisemitic statement by trolling off topic issues into the discussion.

So the reason that Abbas made the statement are off limits?

????????????

You're just digging the hole deeper.

You would actually benefit Israel more by being honest, blind adherence to the cause will only lead to long term harm to Israel.

Antisemitic accusations.

It’s been over used to the point of being completely ineffective.

Stop being so third rate, it’s achieving nothing.

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could you provide a a link to show what claim you mean ?

A link to show what repatriations you mean .

Jews round the World are still making claims against Germans for stolen property , is this what you are referring to ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reparations_Agreement_between_Israel_and_the_Federal_Republic_of_Germany?wprov=sfla1

1 minute ago, pacovl46 said:

So are your comments! Every single interaction I had with you over the years made me question your intelligence! So please, don't ever reply to me again! 

Just put me on ignore dude.

I don’t know from Adam and I can't possibly remember to honor your obnoxious request. 

7 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

That link doesn't support your claim, you claimed that 

"Apparently you fail to see the hypocrisy! Israel still expects Germany to pay annual reparations for something that ended almost 8 decades ago "

And that isnt in the link you provided 

• Thumbs Up 1