What kind of weather person are you ?

georgegeorgia

Since I come back from Thailand it's been nothing but cold & gloomy here in Sydney, Australia.

I know you guys may think 17 degrees is not cold but it's cold to me

This has been going on  for months now even getting down to 4  degrees and colder in the mornings !

I can't even remember when it was hot here , my body is becoming depressed , I can't even remember a hot day ,always beanies and jumpers 

As I look out the window on this gloomy doomy cold  overcast Tuesday afternoon I think how do those guys in the UK put up with this everyday ?

I used to hate the hot sweltering days but now I need to move to a hot sunny  country, I have more energy , my old bones stop aching , I'm more happier , Thailand was perfect , my aches & pains went , my blood pressure was normal , my sciatica went 

One post I remember some guy from Scotland says he lives in a area where the heavy rain hits the windows everyday and he loves it , smashing against the winfiws in the Scotland highlands 

Right now I'm in bed ,too cold here at 17 degrees 

If the airfare wasn't double the price I would nip over to Thailand just for the week to get my aching bones back to normal !

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Move to Tenant Creek, its burning hot there at the moment! ????

Alice Springs would be better I guess , I wonder if that's the hottest place in Australia?

Strangely I just heard from the guy in the gym that many english people immigrate to Tasmania in Australia because it's like english weather !

I need to head back to Asia, it's not the cold it's the gloomy look ,dark at 5pm , etc .

I thought it was summer in Australia?

To the title, Actually prefer temperate zone, 4 seasons, if 2 aren't too brutal.  Philly, PA, USA had lovely year round weather.  Winter & summers not brutal.

Since here/TH, prefer rainy season.  Better temps, green, less air pollution.

13 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Alice Springs would be better I guess , I wonder if that's the hottest place in Australia?

Strangely I just heard from the guy in the gym that many english people immigrate to Tasmania in Australia because it's like english weather !

I need to head back to Asia, it's not the cold it's the gloomy look ,dark at 5pm , etc .

How do you get a visa for Tasmania? ????

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Seems high, are you sure? my indoor temperature says 26.7% and 47% humidity, just open doors

That's what my cheap temperature gauge in my living room says, it could be wrong.

Doors are open, but the house I'm in gets very little air flow. It does seem cooler outside than inside today.

Edited by Trippy

I was raised in California with moderate temps.....A half hour drive away was the beach & a 3.5 hour drive away was Lake Tahoe for winter snow & summer water sports....Humidity was never noticable & you could participate in sports & outdoor activities year around....

I enjoy a low humidity climate regardless of temperature & find some days here with high humidity really not fun to be around....

Days like today in The CM area are comfortable - but I find living here in more or less season-less weather monotonous.....

We'll be in the US Oct-Jan.... Hopefully we'll get some "winter" in....

Unfortunately, the last month will be in the Houston area & we will be relocating home basing the RV/car there....Meaning, no more easy ducking into snowy/cold weather climates....

While writing this my wife just turned the a/c on....I guess that's her vote....

• Thumbs Up 1

As I've aged my comfortable temperature range is very narrow - 25 to 30 degrees.

Daytime on Phuket (usually around 32) can be a bit too hot on a clear day unless in the shade or riding the scooter, but from dusk to dawn it's perfect outside but I do turn the aircon on (at 29 degrees) to sleep as I must be undercover.

I'm back in the UK at the moment and it's low 20's where I live on the coast but, apart from a few good days from July to September I do not want to be here.

I find excess heat physically uncomfortable, but I find anyting below 20 and the constant grey skies most of the time in the UK not only physically uncomfortable but also mentally miserable and depressing. I hate being stuck indoors with the windows closed and the heating cranked up.

Edited by London Lowf

9 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

You live in Oz but don't know the seasons?

I was born in NE New Jersey and lived there 30 years. I moved to Texas to stay in 1985, a large reason being I hated the long winters. Living in Texas 32 years, I really liked it, although it did get very hot in the summers, and no rain for a few months wasn't good. But I will move back there as soon as I can because it did have what I needed. It did have seasons, but not near as dramatic as Jersey did. It got pretty cold some days and even snowed once in awhile. I'm a hunter so liked those days when it got colder  because it was better hunting then. I miss October and May in New Jersey because the weather was as good as it gets. Cool for bow hunting and fishing in October and perfect in may for fishing and everything else. The summer in New Jersey was okay until August, when it got oppressive. Here in Thailand there's two seasons, and both are hot. One has way too much rain, although it does cool down during the rain, and one is dry and hot, which isn't comfortable either. Texas had better weather for me because it didn't get too cold too long. You wait a few days or so, and it's back to warm. The only things you could do in winter in New Jersey was ice fishing or skiing, which wasn't all the time. I can fish every day of the year in Texas which I liked. It's all about being able to enjoy your hobbies, mine being outside. Here you can fish, but it isn't good unless it's a private lake or the sea, which is 8 hours away from me. Texas had longer days, meaning more sun, during much of the year, which was always better.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thanks 1

I lived in Wisconsin, USA for the majority of my life.  When I was younger I loved the 4 seasons.  As I aged I began to dislike the winter cold and the typical cloudy spring days.  Been living in Thailand for over 5 years and love the weather.  There are times during the winter here in Chiang Rai where I get bored with sunny day after warm sunny day.  At those times I do a video call with friends back in Wisconsin when it’s freezing cold and a lot of snow.  Those calls make me realize how lucky I am to be here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, statman78 said:

I lived in Wisconsin, USA for the majority of my life.  When I was younger I loved the 4 seasons.  As I aged I began to dislike the winter cold and the typical cloudy spring days.  Been living in Thailand for over 5 years and love the weather.  There are times during the winter here in Chiang Rai where I get bored with sunny day after warm sunny day.  At those times I do a video call with friends back in Wisconsin when it’s freezing cold and a lot of snow.  Those calls make me realize how lucky I am to be here.

Would love to hunt in Buffalo County there. Lived in NJ, so I understand not missing the winters.

Being originally from the UK, I found November a depressing month, days hardly getting light. Working 12 hour night shifts I virtually never saw daylight while I was working, starting work 18-00 until 06-00, sleeping all day. I got out soon as I could never regretted 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Since I come back from Thailand it's been nothing but cold & gloomy here in Sydney, Australia.

I know you guys may think 17 degrees is not cold but it's cold to me

This has been going on  for months now even getting down to 4  degrees and colder in the mornings !

I can't even remember when it was hot here , my body is becoming depressed , I can't even remember a hot day ,always beanies and jumpers 

As I look out the window on this gloomy doomy cold  overcast Tuesday afternoon I think how do those guys in the UK put up with this everyday ?

I used to hate the hot sweltering days but now I need to move to a hot sunny  country, I have more energy , my old bones stop aching , I'm more happier , Thailand was perfect , my aches & pains went , my blood pressure was normal , my sciatica went 

One post I remember some guy from Scotland says he lives in a area where the heavy rain hits the windows everyday and he loves it , smashing against the winfiws in the Scotland highlands 

Right now I'm in bed ,too cold here at 17 degrees 

If the airfare wasn't double the price I would nip over to Thailand just for the week to get my aching bones back to normal !

To me it seems like you cultivate negativity, never try to turn mind around and grip something positive in your life. 

When did you last feel positive, satisfied and happy? 

What can you do right now that you feel some positivity from? 

This forum is quite harsh if you already feeling down, and if you do not, someone going to try to make you feel down. 

I like the wet season in Thailand best (June - September). I love the cooling wind that comes with storms and seeing the torrential rain filling up my ponds. It's a lot of work for me, cleaning out the gutters, digging out the drainage lines, tidying up torn down trees etc. But everything is grren and alive. Having said that, this wet season has been a bust with rainfall <50% average.

I don't mind 'winter' (October - January) although it only gets really cool for 3 or 4 weeks after Christmas. However, the humidity is normally gone.

The 'build up' to the wet season (February - May) is, of course, often unbearably hot and humid punctuated by the odd wild storm. It's at this time of year I start to think maybe I should be elsewhere.

Here in Thailand, as little sun as possible. The sun is so over rated! LOL. The cloud cover brings a relief from the heat, some rain, winds, etc. Real weather. I can live without anything colder than 10c, at this point in my life, though it is fun on occasion.

Cloudless skies and 25c, like the kind of weather you get in Los Angeles, is ridiculously boring.

55 minutes ago, Hummin said:

To me it seems like you cultivate negativity, never try to turn mind around and grip something positive in your life. 

When did you last feel positive, satisfied and happy? 

What can you do right now that you feel some positivity from? 

This forum is quite harsh if you already feeling down, and if you do not, someone going to try to make you feel down. 

This is true of all forums. I bet most forget what they say 6 months later though. Just passing time. I once had a guy on another forum write 2000 words of hate at me. I responded with one sentence and he went off his head again.

I never take comments on forums too seriously. You can't. Its a form of therapy. The longer the posts the more help they need.

• Haha 1