Amazing iPhone 15

Celsius

Just now, Doctor Tom said:

WTF, do you actually believe that nonsense? 

So you're living in the woods, then?

It's not even believing, it's knowing for a fact. I had a couple of Iphone X's (I throw phones out of the window constantly, so I always have to buy cheap but I think I am old enough now to try again) at the time and girls were like wow and this and that and with my Android I get teased at by Asian acquaintances constantly.

I remember the day I sat in Starbucks in Pattaya at the seats near the entrance to the mall and three tall blonde Russian sluts entered while mustering me and once they saw that Oppo phone on the table they gave me that iconic bitch face. It was hilarious.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Instead of posting a dumb, irrelevant response, which admittedly is your usual response to most things,  how about informing us all why this iPhone is any better than those before it, or better than say  a bog standard Oppo 37 at 8,000.  Come on genius, let's hear your informed view. 

Good grief, a bit nasty eh? Lighten up already, it’s just a freaking phone and nothing to get upset about, unless of course it’s more about being an android snob????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Anyone who still goes out to buy the new scam iPhone needs their head examining. So many new Android phones are just as good, if not superior, at a fraction of the cost.  This latest rip off, at what, 33,000 Baht is a prime example. People with more money than sense will still get ripped off by Apple until they all come to their senses, or unless they are 15 year old Japanese/Korean girls', who never learn anything useful. 

The new top Android phones from Samsung do not cost much less. And there is a big difference in the capabilities of a top phone compared to a cheap one. I own two Android phones, one for 6,000 Baht and one for nearly 40,000 Baht. Guess which one I like most and which one I regret to have it bought. 

But I agree that for most users a mid range phone is the best option. And no need to buy a new one every year, in my case it is probably 3 years or so.

Edited by msbkk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

Mrs. T has an iPhone 14 Pro Max, it weighs a ton...........????

She picked my old iPhone 6s Plus up and couldn't believe how light it was in comparison.....????

So darn true. But if Steve was still alive, he'd tell you either that you're holding it wrong, or that this is a feature against forgetting where you've put it. If your pants get pulled down, it's in your pants pockets. If your bag strap snaps, it's in your bag. It's all by design!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan said:

I bought Starbucks daily the last 2 years even though I hated the company and their political agenda and recently I discovered a small coffee machine with capsules, they even have Starbucks capsules. I am saving like $500 a month, it's insane.

Mrs. T has a coffee machine that takes Starbucks coffee thingy's, which she buys by the box.

I don't drink the stuff and have never been in a Starbucks, or will...????

20 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

how about informing us all why this iPhone is any better than those before it, or better than say  a bog standard Oppo 37 at 8,000. 

Apart from the specs, the reason is that is isn’t android it’s iOS so the supported life is double. You can decide if you want one of the best available phones or you want a cheap android phone.

Some people like iOS, some people like android.

Some people like quality and life support, some people like android.

Some people want the best, some people want android.

Just because you dislike iOS is no reason to bash it.

An equivalent Android phone will be more expensive if you factor ROI and about the same ignoring ROI

Your Oppo 37 is not remotely equivalent.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Celsius said:

You literally said you own iPhone6s which is 50 bucks at Lazada

I have had two iPhone 6s Plus for years, never go wrong, original battery, still do what I want them to do, but Mrs. T only has one iPhone 14 Pro max.......????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, novacova said:

Tried to do the pre order today but the option wasn’t available in Thailand, though it is available in the US.

@novacova My apologies, I hadn’t gone beyond checking the prices for SWMBO (I will inherit her iPhone 13). On previous releases timeframes it’s probably going to be available around November 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan said:

Having had an Android for the last 7 years, I will buy an Iphone 15 Pro Max. It's just ridiculous how much status you gain in Asia with it. It's like yeah sure, you can drive a Fortuner, but BMW/Mercedes gives you status and hands down, if you are in the dating market, you need status. Sure, except for the guys living in the woods and delusional guys thinking "what I care about what others think".

Dude gets it (relative to here at least).

I have been an iPhone user since the iPhone 4; personally, I think they are best phones on the market by some distance, but it is only opinion which is of course subjective.

I upgraded last year from a 12 to a 14 pro, which is a fantastic device. However, I do think that the upgrading has slowed considerably since the X, and given how good the camera is on my 14, I am happy to sit it out for another year or two and wait for a more substantial reason to upgrade.   

41 minutes ago, novacova said:

Find my phone works even if the phone is off. 

How often does a person lose their phone?

I have been using mobile phones since they started and pagers before that. I have never lost a single one in all those years. I treat it like my wallet, always know where it's at.

2 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I can easily afford to buy one but choose not to. Apple products are for people that know nothing about computers. Thankfully I don't fit in that category. 

????.................I can't believe you wrote that......................????

Just now, Keep Right said:

All the Apple Lemmings are excited about a new charge port. The Apple cult never ceases to amaze me on their worship of the their master.

You can envy all you like, besides, they don't care what you, a farangy,  thinks...............:intheclub:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

It seems to be a way over priced cult purchase. Probably the same folks that will only have a coffee at rip off Starbucks.  I will never drink the Apple kool-aid what a huge waste.

So true, and yet these same people live in Thailand in a little 28 square meter dump and drive an old Honda wave 100 with their little tated up girl on the back.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, Keep Right said:

So true, and yet these same people live in Thailand in a little 28 square meter dump and drive an old Honda wave 100 with their little tated up girl on the back.

Really, how do you know that, do you follow them around................:huh:

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Airdrop? Well Android has Nearby Share. Same thing, different name, and with that major difference that with Nearby Share, you can send files to other devices than Android as well.

As an alternative, you can also download the free app Send Anywhere.

Imessage? Ever heard of WhatsApp, can text and phone free to any device in the world, be it Android or Windows.

Find my phone? Android and google have similar features.

I thought you were gonna name some features that Android didn't have, or even didn't have better

Right WhatsApp, not everyone uses the app, at least with any of the later iPhones can wifi call, use it with my US sim and can call and receive calls free with or without Wi-Fi can use the ais data. There are loads of app that can call worldwide using a different number. 

Turn off your phone and and give to someone and play a game of hide and seek.

Crash detection, not available on all androids.

Satellite connection is nice to have when I’m walking out in the boonies when I’m in the US. Though unfortunately only available on a couple androids. 

I can give a hoot what others like, it’s none of my business. But it’s foolish and childish to complain about what others prefer. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I can easily afford to buy one but choose not to. Apple products are for people that know nothing about computers. Thankfully I don't fit in that category. 

All modern phones are made for people that don't know anything about PCs/Internet anyway. I remember the good old days where the Internet was for bros and not for chicks and effeminate males.

56 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I have been an iPhone user since the iPhone 4; personally, I think they are best phones on the market by some distance, but it is only opinion which is of course subjective.

I upgraded last year from a 12 to a 14 pro, which is a fantastic device. However, I do think that the upgrading has slowed considerably since the X, and given how good the camera is on my 14, I am happy to sit it out for another year or two and wait for a more substantial reason to upgrade.   

After my iPhone 4 I moved to Android and it was an immediate step up. My Samsung S6 (I think) had a better camera, more features, and was just smarter. Anyway after a few iterations this year it was time to upgrade and I went back to Apple with an iPhone 14 ProMax and have had it a few months now. It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but I regret not going for an S23 Ultra. The iPhone user experience is just not as good, so many things are inferior to Android - small things, yes, but they add up. If I had the decision again I would go back to Samsung.

I am not an Apple hater - I have been using Macbook Airs and Pros for years and couldn't imagine using any other kind of laptop. But the iPhone? Meh.

I honestly can't understand fanboys, if I need a new phone I'll evaluate what is on the market and make a decision. I can't imagine automatically going for a brand just because..........because it's that brand, it's not a smart way to shop.

And shouting about a USB-C port?? Wow.

44 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

How often does a person lose their phone?

I have been using mobile phones since they started and pagers before that. I have never lost a single one in all those years. I treat it like my wallet, always know where it's at.

How often do people lose their phones, every day. I never lost one yet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, novacova said:

Right WhatsApp, not everyone uses the app, at least with any of the later iPhones can wifi call, use it with my US sim and can call and receive calls free with or without Wi-Fi can use the ais data.

How you text any Android or Windows device with Imessage? With WhatsApp I can call those devices as well.

WI-FI call, available on all the newer Android phones.

6 minutes ago, novacova said:

Crash detection, not available on all androids.

Also not on all Iphones

6 minutes ago, novacova said:

Satellite connection is nice to have when I’m walking out in the boonies when I’m in the US. Though unfortunately only available on a couple androids. 

Also only on a couple Iphones, starting from Iphone 14, and as with everything Apple, has to be paid for after the first year

I'm not complaining, it was you who said that a Chinese built Apple phone, sold at twice the price a comparable Android phone is sold, has features that Android doesn't have.

Did you say something about being foolish?

You can buy a Huawei phone for almost half as much as a new Apple 15 phone. Why would anyone in their right mind pay crazy prices for proprietary phones from Apple. Its just a phone with a tiny computer on board. Save your money and buy a real computer that does not sit in your pocket and susceptible to theft and breakage.