Bangkok Special Prison seeks ‘checkup’ on ex-PM Thaksin at police hospital

snoop1130

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Why does this particular situation piss you off and not, say, the school kids that are currently locked up in real jail cells simply for exercising free speech?

it is not the topic of this thread - why do you bring it up, I am sure many people have an opinion on that - start your own thread

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, smedly said:

it is not the topic of this thread - why do you bring it up, I am sure many people have an opinion on that - start your own thread

What is the topic of this thread if not the vagaries of the Thai judicial system and the injustice it meets out?

I understand that you would like to limit the discussion to an extremely narrow bandwidth that consists of nothing other than “Thaksin bad” so as to unburden yourself from the need to be rational, factual and consistent in your pronouncements, sadly, this is not how discussion, debate or argument work, you’ll just have to find another way to avoid answering the legitimate questions posed by those not aligned with your “but, but Thaksin” nonsense.

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Why? The people who should be in prison are those generals who stole the country at the end of a gun from the elected PM's and their government. Especially the one who ordered the shooting of unarmed civilians at the temple then took over the elected government just as he was about to go on trial and hounded the very brave nurse who witnessed all as she gave aid... They are the true criminals.

I agree with everything you say, but, always a but, Thaksin has put himself and his needs above doing the right thing for the country

He had the chance to do the right thing and chose to put his own needs above that. He could have been a power for change but chose not to

He has said one thing to his supporters for year's and stated he would never get in bed with the Junta then done exactly that

I have always been anti junta but by Thaksin's action's I have had to face the fact that every Thai in any position of responsibility is first and foremost self serving and corrupt

That's why the action's of Pita and his party are so rare and commendable and that's exactly why the actions of Thaksin and co are so reprehensible  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

Just pardon him once more once and for all so the matter can rest 

shut all his detractors up for good 

Part and parcel of the ongoing theatre. 

Suckered into the rhetorical trickery that is Shinawatra and very Thai. 

A modified/partial pardon appears to be in place and should be expecting a full absolution before long. 

Most need to get over themselves and acknowledge it is what it is. 

And all live happily ever after. 

At this time, anything Thaksin shouldn't be point of importance - but instead directing our attention to the newly corrupted government that seem to be in bed with the same folks that they have long loathe [on the surface].