Birth rate plunge triggers health minister’s urgent action plan

webfact

I volunteer!  I have a 21, 19, and 5yr old from the same woman.  The first 2 made on the night we wanted to mak'm, the 5yr old was the only 1x unprotected moment of passion in 15yrs.  Of course it helps she comes from an Issan lineage where the women have kids until almost 50!  65 with a 5yr old, not sure if keeping me young or wearing me out faster!  Seriously though, there are too many of us to support well by the world's ecology.   I think 3 billion tops and well separated to keep enough genetic diversity would be fine.  Yes, economies will have to adapt.

Not as bad as China but still pretty bad of what I have read.  In a few years the factories will be moving out of Thailand in mass just like China.  But, agree. Families cannot afford kids.  They are an unwanted very expensive luxury in the urban setting. 

Edited by Gknrd

Hilarious.  I have been banging on about Thailand's and China's inverted population pyramids for well over a year now.  I have been ridculed endlessly.  Now there is some tin pot article about the issue and everyone is a self confessed expert.

Jeesuz wept this forum has gone to the dogs.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Pesche said:

Isn't it a weird coincidence?

If you compare the worrying numbers/percentages of birth rates decline and still born increase in Europe (down 30-50%) ?!

In Switzerland, England, Germany and more, this regress of birth rates is more and more related to the "vaccines"!

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-09-pandemic-tied-declining-birth-europe.html

My Salt & Pepper

Yes, that's the elephant in the room. I know several women who are having menstrual (and related) problems since taking the jab. They know perfectly well what is the cause… but are afraid to speak up.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is expensive and burdensome.  More people seem to want a free life.

And sorry, more so in western countries female attitudes have changed so much who wants to have a kid with them them?  Many use sex as some tool add all the divorces wiping out assets mostly for the male.

Lots of single sexless women (and men) everywhere whose to blame?

Also, now that the Government wants to tax my pension I have explored the deductions that are allowed for family support. I found  out that the maximum deduction from taxable income for one child is a  preposterous 30000 a year. That's some incentive, isn't? Nappies and formula alone will cost over 100000 a year.

On 9/18/2023 at 7:50 AM, koolkarl said:

Already there are far too many people in this world.

No there aren't. The world's population is at its highest level ever. And yet prosperity is also at its highest level ever. We are FAR from the earth's carrying capacity. Besides, it's a self-regulating mechanism.

However, if you really think there are too many people in the world, you can immediately reduce the number by one.