Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations

Social Media

Russell Brand allegations show ‘terrible behaviour towards women tolerated’, says Channel 4 boss

Channel 4 chief executive Alex Mahon has said the Russell Brand allegations show that “terrible behaviour” towards women has been “historically tolerated” in the television industry.

Ms Mahon addressed the claims against the former Channel 4 presenter as she opened the Royal Television Society’s Cambridge Convention on Wednesday 20 September.

“The allegations made against Russell Brand are horrendous and as a CEO of Channel 4 and as a woman in our industry, I found the behaviours described in Dispatches and The Sunday Times and The Times articles disgusting and saddening,” she said.

Brand has strongly denied the rape and sexual assault allegations which span between 2006 and 2013, when he was at the height of his fame while working for the broadcaster, BBC and starring in Hollywood films.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/russell-brand-dispatches-allegations-documentary-b2415445.html

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NextG said:

Did she try to kiss him? She did not. He forced himself upon her, but she was simply a ‘good sport’ with regard to it. Now extrapolate that to trying it on with most anyone he could and get the measure of his disgusting behaviour. 

I saw a similar thing yesterday when a foreign guy put his arm around a female caddie when getting a photo taken. Disgusting, depending on your culture.

• Confused 1

"It’s a truth universally acknowledged that if Andrew Tate is rushing to your defense—like Tate is currently doing on behalf of Russell Brand, the UK comedian newly accused of multiple counts of sexual assault and rape—you’re probably not worth defending in the first place."

Tate of course is already charged with rape, human trafficking and forming an organized crime group. However the list goes on.

Elon Musk has also been on his defense, Musk has his own history after paying $250,000 to settle a sexual misconduct claim against him in 2018 from one of his own Space X staff.

Of course then there's Alex Jones sticking up for him, the rightwing conspiracy theorist is continuing to live the high life while refusing to pay a cent of the $1.5bn damages he owes families of victims of the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting he called a hoax.

Brands reported worth is estimated to be between 10- 40 million GBP so its not like he's broke. After all with 16 million followers on twitter, a few million on Rumble and his own podcasts, his money making opportunities are far from over. 

In the mean time this investigation is going to be a long and lengthy one.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2023 at 2:48 PM, JonnyF said:

Is that the best you've got? ???? I wasn't looking for a quote from one of your fridge magnets.

You won't answer because you know I am correct. Answering truthfully would highlight that. The BBC, Channel 4 and YouTube are cancelling him. They are all left leaning. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/evangerstmann/2021/03/22/what-is-cancel-culture/?sh=18e7a4c9bd55

image.png.b92a4f47aa1475bdb4fb246d12282d88.png

I just want to point out that much of the original reporting was done by the Sunday Times

owned by notorious lefty Rupert Murdoch

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting support coming from Tara Reade (of all places...)

Recently, actor and comedian Russell Brand has used his celebrity status and his internet-based show to lift up independent-minded people like US presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. He questioned the US and NATO involvement in the proxy war against Russia in Ukraine, as well as the mainstream media narrative on Covid-19.

The establishment neoliberals were having none of it.

--------------

The questions that need to be asked when discussing the allegations against Brand are their curious timing – his alleged misconduct dates back a decade, but came to light soon after he started speaking out against the establishment narrative on Ukraine – and how the same neoliberals Brand has always been critical of are now leading and boosting the charge against him.

All that said, if crimes were committed, they must be investigated and brought before a court – but the media, especially media with obvious political bias, is not for that. This kind of trial by media is never accurate and always harmful to the truth.

https://www.rt.com/news/583231-russell-brand-metoo-accusations/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Recently, actor and comedian Russell Brand has used his celebrity status and his internet-based show to lift up independent-minded people like US presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. He questioned the US and NATO involvement in the proxy war against Russia in Ukraine, as well as the mainstream media narrative on Covid-19.

--------------

The questions that need to be asked when discussing the allegations against Brand are their curious timing – his alleged misconduct dates back a decade, but came to light soon after he started speaking out against the establishment narrative on Ukraine – and how the same neoliberals Brand has always been critical of are now leading and boosting the charge against him.

All that said, if crimes were committed, they must be investigated and brought before a court – but the media, especially media with obvious political bias, is not for that. This kind of trial by media is never accurate and always harmful to the truth.

Right, you value the opinion of an RT columnist.

The question that needs to be asked is 'did he do it's, not the bs conspiracies.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

Right, you value the opinion of an RT columnist.

The question that needs to be asked is 'did he do it's, not the bs conspiracies.

Do I value the opinion of a woman who accused Biden of rape, was skewered by the powers that be, and finally ended up seeking refuge in Russia?  

She could have just as easily come out and compared Brand to Biden and called for him to be hanged.  But she didn't.  She called for an actual investigation before stripping him of his ability to make a living.  Something that she claims she didn't get.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do I value the opinion of a woman who accused Biden of rape, was skewered by the powers that be, and finally ended up seeking refuge in Russia?  

She could have just as easily come out and compared Brand to Biden and called for him to be hanged.  But she didn't.  She called for an actual investigation before stripping him of his ability to make a living.  Something that she claims she didn't get.

So you believe in western conspiracies but don't see the Russian political angle in the RT column.

Edited by stevenl

10 hours ago, impulse said:

--------------

It is to laugh, Tara Reade conspiracy B.S. via her new employer RT News. Tara claiming the western media bias while writing for a Kremlin funded propaganda news source.

RT news where the director of broadcasting, Anton Krasovsky, triggered global outrage when he suggested drowning or burning Ukrainian children and made hideous statements about Ukrainian grandmothers. RT News who now also proudly hosts Scott Ritter convicted pedophile as one of its regular contributors.

Back to the topic:

Jimmy Savile police unit’ working with Met on Russell Brand allegations

“We are working with the Metropolitan Police in support of their response to recent allegations and would urge any victim or survivor who feels ready to report any allegations of sexual assault to come forward and speak to officers,” a spokesperson for the Hydrant Programme said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/russell-brand-jimmy-savile-hydrant-b2415684.html

• Like 1

She’s just like Brand, she’s realized there’s more money to be made spewing conspiracies than there is in telling the truth.

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

So you believe in western conspiracies but don't see the Russian political angle in the RT column.

Of course I can smell the borscht.  Just like Grandma used to make when I was a kid.

But I can also smell the cow paddies when I tune into Fox, and smell the smoke that CNN tries to blow up my butt.

I don't want to live in an echo chamber where all I get is one side of a discussion.  Even if I vehemently disagree with their interpretation of the facts, it's good to see what facts the different outlets do present (and which they leave out).  Also good to see how they analyze what they've laid out, if only to understand an adversary.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, impulse said:

So you like the echo chamber.  Fine.  I don't.

Strange conclusion. There's a major difference between following major new sources and posting biased opinion pieces as interesting support.

Edited by stevenl
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Strange conclusion. There's a major difference between following major new sources and posting biased opinion pieces as interesting support.

If you haven't snapped to the fact that "major news sources" are about as biased as RT, there's no use having a discussion.  We'll never agree, nor convince each other.

At least RT holds it out as an opinion piece.  The MSM publishes it as if it's gospel.  But includes words like "disproven" and "disgraced", when very often, neither is factual.

Edited by impulse
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1