New public health minister walks back ‘recreational’ cannabis

webfact

5 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Recreational use was never intended, Anutin made that perfectly clear in June 2022.

Weed shop proliferation is sheer stupidity, they knew they were chancing their arm and now they will go bust.

Is it now time to say "I told you so"?

As anything else, we still have to wait and see, nothing is clear before they start closing shops and arrest people again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

The owners of many of these shops should actually get some type of incentive.  Many are refurbished spaces that they have put a lot of money into and made them very nice.  I am not a big fan of weed, but I don't think they should now take it all away.

Are these shops legalized? 

18 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

If you included all the shops inventory.....The money spent on the remodel, and lease agreements you could be looking at 1 million baht a shop that the goverment needs to pay up...

and the rest, there is a couple of places near me on the beach front I couldnt even guess what the rent would be these days in that location, 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Recreational use was never intended, Anutin made that perfectly clear in June 2022.

Weed shop proliferation is sheer stupidity, they knew they were chancing their arm and now they will go bust.

Unfortunately Anutin did NOT make it perfectly clear or when it was passed the wording would have been included.

IMO he left it like that as the BJP expected to win the election and he expected to be re-nominated as health minister.

It is not as if he did not have enough time to do the job properly either.

The Cannabis and Hemp Act will take at least a year to go through parliament, if the government lasts that long, . However, Thaksin is an impatient man and might order the health minister to do the reverse of what Anutin did and recriminalise it first.  That shuts down all the weed shops, leaving them nothing much to bargain about, as their investments will be gone.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why does the government heed to pay anything at all?

It is not as if they made a law forcing the shops to sell cannabis.

If you open any business why would you expect somebody to bail you out if your business fails.

Never invest more than you can afford to lose in a business.

The government are responsible for this current debacle.

Their incompetence and mismanagement of this issue, if it causes business and people to lose money, is directly attributable to their actions, thus they should be held accountable. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

The Minister of Public Health doesn't need to do any walking, just issue a declaration that Cannabis Flower with more than 0.2% THC is back on the Narcotics Lists.

Advise the Police to arrest anyone growing, selling, using the newly re-criminalized Cannabis. Start with all the licensed shops. Then move on to the million folks who registered to grow on Plook Ganja.

Then rejoice, the children and the Kingdom are safe once again.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1