American TikToker condemns Bangkok taxi driver for trying to rip him off

webfact

9 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Can't this kid get nailed for defamation?

If its the truth its not defamation......is also reason #8759 why id walk instead of using a taxi

ive left google map reviews on crap service and double pricing..its still up..and is the truth...

of course im not foolish enough to use my name and pic on a tik tok either...be stealth!

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Hopefully the Taxi driver has him charged with defamation.

100% not a scam.

then why not use the meter???....and the price is 300 for everyone?...thais as well?

Ive even been in a taxi(once) that had a rigged meter,,,yes these exist..was in vietnam so my guy was happy to use the meter--the rigged one...

wouldnt the viewer decide if 300 was a fair price for them or maybe check the price with a grab to compare?

Curious why it says hes American Tiktoker...i mean they are all annoying ..

But just like the transgender thief article they seemingly love to pour gas on the fire on this site

Transgender!!!!   American!!!   Biden!!!!   Covid!!!! Masks!!!! Mama Cups!!!! Chinese!!! Fear!!!! Panic!!!!!

(logs off--hides under bed----reaches for gun with broom handle)    more slow clapping too....

• Like 1

My life became so much easier when I started to just walk away when taxi drivers gave me a number when I asked them if they wanna drive me somewhere! It is what it is and your little tiktok video won't change anything whatsoever! That's the naked truth! 

• Like 1

Wait till the TIk Tok star gets to pattaya and PHUKET, he’ll have a heart attack when he sees the taxi rates ! The post means nothing, where did the star stop the taxi, the airport ? 
I don’t knock Bangkok taxi prices, they’re the cheapest in Thailand , and considering the constant traffic jams , they have a really hard job. Anyone who believes they earn a good salary is delusional. I take taxis everywhere in Bangkok and honestly haven’t had a problem.  In Pattaya and Phuket the taxis won’t even take you anywhere for 300B . 

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2023 at 6:40 AM, kennw said:

By law the taxis are supposed to use the meter. 

Yes they are and we as users must report them if they don’t BUT the problems are legion if you don’t picture the driver and the licence on the dash and the taxi number plate as he drives away.

The driver is unlikely to be the licence holder but this person will be listed on the licence and in effect is complicit in the scam, so all of the mentioned information should be presented to the tourist police and if they fail to act advise them that you will email all the said info to the Priminister.

I can remember the last one saying it was the law and we should complain.

And as for the tictoker, I suspect that he knew fully about this scam and has used it solely to enhance his bank account and in so doing has created an injustice to all of us.

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2023 at 1:41 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"So I asked him...".

If you had no idea where you were going, maybe you should have asked yourself, "Why didn't I just get a taxi that would use the meter?"

In normal circumstances I will only take metered cabs, I had a flight to catch and was in a hurry, opportunists!!!!

It is due to a minority of guilable fools from abroad  who never challenge the Thai taxi cheats that everybody gets to pay more or inflation set's in the country.

Stop paying the taxi cheats who overcharge and refuse the meter. 

Just walk away and hail another taxi when in Bangkok. Or use Bolt application.

Don't encourage these scammers just because it costs less elsewhere in the world. That is an absurd argument and if prices increase all over because of such logic, you will be the first to complain.

When in Thailand, you respect the country, the economy and must not encourage prices to increase by paying foolishly to the chaps all over that try to cheat, be it the taxis, the tailors, the cleaners or any other service provider or even the managment in some housing developpments who overcharge for basic maintenance services.