Thailand’s lucky L6: Your shot at 180 million baht lottery jackpot begins October 1

webfact

image.jpeg

The Government Lottery Office of Thailand announced the launch of a six-digit lottery, referred to as L6, with the first draw set for Sunday, October 1. This new lottery offers the chance to win up to 180 million baht.

This L6 will be sold in paper form as well as digital format, according to the announcement. The sale of L6 tickets began on September 17, ahead of the first draw this weekend. The Government Lottery Office plans to release 101 million tickets in total, with 80 million being paper tickets and 21 million being digital tickets.

The introduction of the L6 follows the announcement made by the Government Lottery Office on September 17, on the stipulations of selling six-digit government lottery tickets. The decision to introduce a digital format is aimed at smoothing the sales process and aligns with the objectives of the Government Lottery Office.

As for the digital tickets, they won’t be printed but will be available in the digital system. The L6 digital lottery tickets can be purchased through the government’s Pao Tang application or other approved digital platforms. The digital tickets will have the text L6 Digital printed on them.

by Nattapong Westwood 

Photo: By siebe, on Flickr.

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-09-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

19 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

Are farangs allowed to participate?

If they win, are they allowed to cash in, or the govt confiscates it..?

For the children, of course..

I think so - If you are a resident, I have claimed lottery prizes before. The last two digit one at the lottery office no problems. 

so how is L6 any different from the existing Thai lottery   ?  

so have they changed the 1 st prize value and made the win higher  ?

to win up to 180 million baht .....    so you have to have 10 or twenty tickets with the same winning number   ?

Edited by steven100
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Best I've had was 20,000 plus a few 2,000. Never a problem.

Can foreigners win the Thai lottery?
Yes, Anyone can win the Thai Lottery. 

How do I claim Thai lottery?
If you win the lottery prize, You have to show your Passport or Thai ID card.

I had a few 2000 and a couple of 4000 all I do is go to the seller and claim from them, no ID needed, normally at our local market they normally take 100-baht, service charge, wife said BAAC bank, / farmers bank, will take 60 baht as a service charge.

On 9/29/2023 at 10:41 AM, jonclark said:
On 9/29/2023 at 10:20 AM, VinnieK said:

Are farangs allowed to participate?

If they win, are they allowed to cash in, or the govt confiscates it..?

For the children, of course..

Expand  

I think so - If you are a resident

Anyone can buy GLO tickets and collect winnings, nationality or reason for/length of stay here is irrelevant.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2023 at 2:42 PM, cracker1 said:

I won 40,000 baht recently and am a Farang. KTB told me that I could not claim it and only Thai people could.

You were given incorrect information, foreigners are entitled to prizes also.   For the existing lottery (not necessarily the new L6) winnings over B20,000 have to be claimed from the lottery office and are paid by check or transfer into a Thai bank account.

• Thumbs Up 1