Indian Tourist Reports Loss of Valuables in a Bolt Car

webfact

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

unfortunately it's a Bolt car, therefore the "nice/honest" taxi drivers that always return bags full of cash and/or valuable goods,  can not intervene to return all the valuables

So are you assuming that all BOLT drivers are dishonest?

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The investigative police have since been involved, attempting to trace the car registration number, phone number, and the driver's name without success.

Like the other movie...."Gone in 60-seconds"

7 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

At 1:00 am on October 7, 2023, Mr. Bang (a pseudonym), a 28-year-old Indian national, along with his Thai female friends, reported a loss to Assistant Investigator Chananant Kesenbua at Pattaya City Police Station. Mr. Bang forgot his wallet, containing $2,200 and several important documents, in a Bolt car.

The group had hailed the Bolt service via its app from Soi Bua Khao to Walking Street in South Pattaya. Upon realizing the loss, they tried to contact the driver immediately but to no avail. Their efforts to reach out were fruitless, prompting them to seek help from the police to trace their belongings.

A friend of the tourist recounted their immediate action of reaching out to the driver but the contact was unsuccessfulm reported 77kaoded.

image.jpeg

Picture: 77kaoded

The investigative police have since been involved, attempting to trace the car registration number, phone number, and the driver's name without success.

The tourist expressed great displeasure and disappointment at the incident, having not anticipated such an occurrence.

Nevertheless, there is a plea for the driver of the mentioned car to come forward and return the tourist's belongings if they come to know of the incident.

The lost items not only have monetary value but also significant importance attached to the essential documents. Police are continuing efforts to resolve the matter.

Top Picture: 77kaoded

-- ASEAN NOW 2023-10-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Had they been in a taxi, it would have been back with them by now, left with police for photo op

"The tourist expressed great displeasure and disappointment at the incident,......."

Well, that just about covers how anyone would feel!

" having not anticipated such an occurrence."

I suppose he didn't really plan for it to happen? ????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, smedly said:

how does he know they were lost in the car

assuming  it was his passport lost (which wouldn't fit in a wallet) were they in a bag of some kind ?

did he pay for the bolt taxi ?

unconvinced

Could be an insurance scam or a fund me account upcoming?????? Ha!

Haha, reminds me of my trip to Vietnam many many years ago. Nice hotel in Hanoi..  I returned after breakfast to fine about 5 hotel employees going threw my things. They quickly left after telling me they thought the room was empty... Valuable lesson, I lost 10,000 baht in cash I had in my bag..  

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1