ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

6 minutes ago, novacova said:

Eliminate the hate towards Israel and eliminate the Iran Hezbollah Hamas element and the semantical word games, then there would be no need for such a security zone along the Gaza Strip. 

Are you taking the mickey? You think that after the way Israel has treated them for decades they are going to start being friends with them? Never going to happen IMO.

The Irish hated the English for hundreds of years, so that could happen here too, if nothing changes.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, novacova said:

Imposed by what group? The Gaza situation is solely of Hamas doing, this is the prison camp of Hamas run by the current leader warden Ismail Haniyeh.

Hmmmm. Do you actually think Hamas erected the wall around Gaza and is manning the checkpoints stopping them leaving?

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes, I meant the country he is the leader of was attacked.

I didn't mean he was ambushed in a dark alley by 5 heavies with baseball bats. I thought that was obvious. 

I got that.

Still, maybe a pity about then heavies with baseball bats not being real.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They have no reason to love us seeing as all the so called freedom loving western countries left them to rot under Israeli occupation for decades.

If some countries are supporting the Palestinians, it's because they see what has been going on and don't like it.

Sure, support for the Palestinians is always an indication of morality, rather than political interests.

Do you believe you own words?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that happens then IMO those hostages will be returning to Israel in body bags.

An unmarked and unrecorded grave is more likely. After Hamas have finished having their fun, the sort of fun of which there is now video evidence.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmm. Do you actually think Hamas erected the wall around Gaza and is manning the checkpoints stopping them leaving?

The wall was not there before Hamas took over. Same goes for the blockade.

Try as you might to deny or ignore it, there's a connection.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Don't know that I'd be holding up Churchill or his ilk right now. 

Today's conflict can be tied directly to their duplicitous dealing in the Middle East to "save Britain".  Both World Wars.  The world's been paying for their colonial duplicity for over a century.

Britain has enough back stabbing to be ashamed of. They promised independence to the Arabs if they helped defeat the Turks, and reneged on that promise after WW1.

Had they done so this whole fiasco might never have happened.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Netanyahu ( far from my favourite politician, although he was, in the final analysis, elected) is using language that indicates that he wants to destroy Hamas.

Given what Hamas has done perhaps not surprising.

Destruction of the organisation is unlikely, but it's capacity to wage war both now and for the foreseeable future can probably be achieved.

Hamas has certainly achieved one mid term result. Gaza will remain sealed, and it's inhabitants unable to enter Israel to find work. Inevitably of course this will result in accusations of Israel overreacting. With nigh on a thousand dead, 250 alone being entirely innocent festival goers, children gunned down ( with the acts being filmed), hostages taken and paraded, and bodies abused, I doubt that Israel will care what the enlightened commentary says!

Two results for Hamas, inevitable widespread damage to the society they rule over (in an almost medieval sense), and uniting Israel behind an unpopular government. They're not even, realistically, going to be able to play the "victim card" for some time to come.

I doubt Netanyahu and his far right cronies will resist the temptation to destroy Gaza ( it will be impossible to determine who is Hamas from those that are not ), but if they do so, they risk going down the same road as apartheid South Africa and western countries ( bar the US ) turning against them.

How will Israelis feel if they are banned from visiting other countries like they are from Saudi?

Even if countries don't ban them, they may find themselves being "unpopular" when visiting the country.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Britain has enough back stabbing to be ashamed of. They promised independence to the Arabs if they helped defeat the Turks, and reneged on that promise after WW1.

This conflict has British fingerprints all over it.  But that's another topic for another thread. 

Sadly, I think it's become insolvable over the past hundred years.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

"A man who has nothing to lose is a very dangerous person."

Palestine has send his citizens all over the world (Arab's), ready to become terrorists if Israel should win this war.
A very ugly outcome of this war due to the support of all nations, specially the USA, to Israel.
If the world don't act now, it will be the start of WW3.

This has been going on for years, but today the World ends, you say?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaay off-topic, start your own anti-Brit thread.................????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

After 70 years of trying (with unlimited US support) Israel has utterly failed to achieve “kavash” against the Palestinians. I dare say that will be the case for millennia to come.

By their ACTIONS now the US has abandoned any pretense of being a peace broker between the Palestinians and Israel. Forget about the charade of the "Two state solution". From now on the Palestinians will know that they have nothing to lose anymore.

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I doubt Netanyahu and his far right cronies will resist the temptation to destroy Gaza ( it will be impossible to determine who is Hamas from those that are not ), but if they do so, they risk going down the same road as apartheid South Africa and western countries ( bar the US ) turning against them.

How will Israelis feel if they are banned from visiting other countries like they are from Saudi?

Even if countries don't ban them, they may find themselves being "unpopular" when visiting the country.

I doubt that they will be too bothered.

I am old enough to remember (as a young boy) the gallant Yasser Arafat and his brave warriors attacks on the Kibbutz kindergartens, (and my father's cold fury, swearing under his breath as he watched the TV news, my mother sending me and my brother out of the room). They of course, having lived through and fought in the second world war knew a bit about such savagery, my father particularly as he served with the Intelligence Corps cleaning up the remaining Nazis in Austria. The enlightened ones marched and protested against Israel's reaction. In certain circles heads were very wisely and understandingly nodded at the PLO attacks at the Munich Olympics

They're used to it - why do you think that Thailand is such a popular destination for their young people? It is one of the relatively few destinations where they don't have to continuously look over their shoulders.

When the alternative is regular slaughter on the scale of this one, and the existential threat to their country, their liberal society and their free population, they simply will not care, and few Westerners will be bothered either. Saudi is of no concern to them, it is a medieval <deleted>hole with air conditioning, they treat their women like dirt (mainstream Israeli society has long been at the forefront of female emancipation) and once the oil is no longer important they will be back to magic carpets and camels. Israel has the high tech industries.

No, compared to the alternative they will live with it. They are a pretty robust bunch.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Don't know that I'd be holding up Churchill or his ilk right now. 

Today's conflict can be tied directly to their duplicitous dealing in the Middle East to "save Britain".  Both World Wars.  The world's been paying for their colonial duplicity for over a century.

Britain was fighting to save the World from Nazi domination, that was rather more important than the Palestinian issue 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that happens then IMO those hostages will be returning to Israel in body bags.

I think smash and grab will be the only option anyway it will be impossible to negotiate with this scum ???? 

28 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

Listen to Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People  as loud as possible and keep looking at this image:

image.jpeg.80abdf92dbac42430a2dd3047d5ccde1.jpeg

I fail to understand the point you are making. Are you saying American planes are going to bomb Gaza, or are you saying that those warships are going to bombard Gaza? I hope not on both scenarios.

26 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I doubt that they will be too bothered.

I am old enough to remember (as a young boy) the gallant Yasser Arafat and his brave warriors attacks on the Kibbutz kindergartens, (and my father's cold fury, swearing under his breath as he watched the TV news, my mother sending me and my brother out of the room). They of course, having lived through and fought in the second world war knew a bit about such savagery, my father particularly as he served with the Intelligence Corps cleaning up the remaining Nazis in Austria. The enlightened ones marched and protested against Israel's reaction. In certain circles heads were very wisely and understandingly nodded at the PLO attacks at the Munich Olympics

They're used to it - why do you think that Thailand is such a popular destination for their young people? It is one of the relatively few destinations where they don't have to continuously look over their shoulders.

When the alternative is regular slaughter on the scale of this one, and the existential threat to their country, their liberal society and their free population, they simply will not care, and few Westerners will be bothered either. Saudi is of no concern to them, it is a medieval <deleted>hole with air conditioning, they treat their women like dirt (mainstream Israeli society has long been at the forefront of female emancipation) and once the oil is no longer important they will be back to magic carpets and camels. Israel has the high tech industries.

No, compared to the alternative they will live with it. They are a pretty robust bunch.

I disagree. If they go too far in Gaza, it will become too difficult for western governments ( other than the US ) to pretend the Israelis are the good guys. Boycotts to follow.

• Thanks 1