ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

This was predictable and predicted. Going forward I think it will undermine European support for Israel's Gaza campaign.

So what, as long as the USA supports finishing off the nest of jihadist butchers what the Europeans think will not matter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Has been answered to BKK Brian. Speculate without proof (as usual) as much as you want in the meanwhile...

Seems like the one speculating is yourself.

I did not offer any 'speculation'.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Last  I checked, Amnesty was not the arbiter of whether war crimes were committed.

Also, note that nowhere did I claim no war crimes were committed by Israel - actually posted that there probably are/were such instances.

I differentiate between claims of war crimes, actions that seem to be war crimes and legally confirmed/agreed upon/what-have-you cases of such.

You claimed there was no evidence. Amnesty has condemned both sides in this conflict and produced evidence against both of them. Do we really have to wait until an official tribunal is held before what is decided is evidence? What standard do you propose?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

After reading through all the comments since I last 'played' before dinner/mnovie yesterday, two things are very clear:

1.  A lot of the 'debate' is based in ignorance and apathy, and appears to me to be just old men having an argument (muh guilty of that too).

2.  Participating in this post is not a good idea - responding to the ignorance with my own ignorance is just plain stupid and unhealthy.

Back to debating about things that do matter in my life - such as, Thailand Income Taxes, THC based Pain killers for my bad back (golf), and other such matters that actually mean something. If the current Israel/Hamas war extends to involve other Terrorists, and goes towards WW3, then I am interested. Until then I pray that Israel organises for all Hamas members and enablers and supporters to meet with God for His verdict. 

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You claimed there was no evidence. Amnesty has condemned both sides in this conflict and produced evidence against both of them. Do we really have to wait until an official tribunal is held before what is decided is evidence? What standard do you propose?

Israel: Palestinian armed groups must be held accountable for deliberate civilian killings, abductions and indiscriminate attacks 
Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups flagrantly violated international law and displayed a chilling disregard for human life by carrying out cruel and brutal crimes including mass summary killings, hostage-taking, and launching indiscriminate rocket attacks into Israel, Amnesty International said today. With evidence still emerging of the horrors that unfolded in southern Israel, Amnesty International will continue its investigations in order to determine the full range of crimes under international law.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/israel-palestinian-armed-groups-must-be-held-accountable-for-deliberate-civilian-killings-abductions-and-indiscriminate-attacks/

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

After reading through all the comments since I last 'played' before dinner/mnovie yesterday, two things are very clear:

1.  A lot of the 'debate' is based in ignorance and apathy, and appears to me to be just old men having an argument (muh guilty of that too).

2.  Participating in this post is not a good idea - responding to the ignorance with my own ignorance is just plain stupid and unhealthy.

Back to debating about things that do matter in my life - such as, Thailand Income Taxes, THC based Pain killers for my bad back (golf), and other such matters that actually mean something. If the current Israel/Hamas war extends to involve other Terrorists, and goes towards WW3, then I am interested. Until then I pray that Israel organises for all Hamas members and enablers and supporters to meet with God for His verdict. 

Given the last sentence in your comment, the sincerity of your sentiments is doubtful.

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You've got everyone on ignore so you don't get any

I might as well start to put some people on "ignore" to counter latest personal attacks because after people get easily cornered.

But mu hesitation originates from the fact that I will miss this entertaining part of "reverse Darwinisme".

Some people do their best (or maybe not) to counter basics of human evolution without realizing it.

Pure stimuli-response contributions (posts) without self-judgement capabilities can be funny and unveiling... 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

That's not quite what I said, though. You want to try to nitpick and twist this one as well? If that's what you're on (quite obviously, picking a one liner reply going back a couple of days and hundreds of posts), not interested in your usual games.

I do not share your view that Amnesty is unbiased, or of the opinion that their methods of investigation are infallible. Not the first time we disagreed on that, even.

I suggest people differentiate between alleged war crimes and war crimes.

13 minutes ago, Morch said:

Seems like the one speculating is yourself.

I did not offer any 'speculation'.

Re-post : note : the speculation aspect is also applicable for you (but you knew it already)

I've just pointed out that this protection of press building and maybe press personnel has not been respected.

France requested explanations and has the right to receive for me them if these building have been used by the Palestinians for military purposes. No personal problem for me if Israel wants to continue or extend its PR disaster outside the region to the EU.

As usual, you're just guessing without backup. Even the French authorities have no feedback but you're able to "produce" a conclusion...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

As far as I understand, if it can be demonstrated that the supply of aid/water/power/whatever is directly abused by the enemy it bears on the legal obligations to supply them, and/or overrides the 'collective punishment' label. There are other things at play to - proportionality, the availability of other sources and so on. Same thing when attacking hospitals, schools, denying freedom of movement. There are provisions for most situation.

In this case, despite the sky-is-falling claims, hospitals did not go without electricity, for example. As was further detailed, there's apparently enough fuel in the Gaza Strip to run for quite a bit - with Hamas illegally holding on much of that, and illegally tapping into sources (say hospital supplies).

The allegation of 'collective punishment' will be addressed by legal process - for the meantime I disagree with your argument. From various media reports hospitals in Gaza are unable to address the care of the injured and critically ill. If interested members can reference below yesterday a number of cancer patients have died due to insufficient fuel at a hospital; URL below...

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/gazas-only-cancer-hospital-goes-out-service-health-officials-2023-11-01/

I suggest patient deaths will be increasing specifically due to the Israeli blockade. The Israeli government, IMO, are holding the general public in Gaza as hostages as an attempt to influence HAMAS decision makers. So far as I know the general public have zero power to change HAMAS decision making. As has been reported by media a number of Western governments have been counselling Israel their current stance could well backfire politically for ongoing Western support though I'm fairly certain that any negative outcomes for Israel will be limited.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Re-post : note : the speculation aspect is also applicable for you (but you knew it already)

I've just pointed out that this protection of press building and maybe press personnel has not been respected.

France requested explanations and has the right to receive for me them if these building have been used by the Palestinians for military purposes. No personal problem for me if Israel wants to continue or extend its PR disaster outside the region to the EU.

As usual, you're just guessing without backup. Even the French authorities have no feedback but you're able to "produce" a conclusion...

Sounds like you're posting from an alternate reality topic....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

I might as well start to put some people on "ignore" to counter latest personal attacks because after people get easily cornered.

But mu hesitation originates from the fact that I will miss this entertaining part of "reverse Darwinisme".

Some people do their best (or maybe not) to counter basics of human evolution without realizing it.

Pure stimuli-response contributions (posts) without self-judgement capabilities can be funny and unveiling... 

Another snowflake that when confronted with the truth sinks back to his own little echo chamber with his Russian comrades

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

That's not quite what I said, though. You want to try to nitpick and twist this one as well? If that's what you're on (quite obviously, picking a one liner reply going back a couple of days and hundreds of posts), not interested in your usual games.

I do not share your view that Amnesty is unbiased, or of the opinion that their methods of investigation are infallible. Not the first time we disagreed on that, even.

I suggest people differentiate between alleged war crimes and war crimes.

Again, with the Pavlovian "nitpicking" response. Amnesty has repeatedly demonstrated its bone fides throughout the world when it comes to armed conflicts. As that article of theirs concerning Hamas shows. Short of a rant, could their condemnation have been any stronger? Or are you going to await some impendent official confirmation of those actions by Hamas as well?

But if you think such caution is warranted, I guess you're going to have to wait on a judgement of whose bomb landed on that hospital in Gaza. I personally think the evidence is overwhelming that it was some Palestinian force that is responsible. But maybe that's just me and my low standards speaking.

Edited by placeholder

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Another snowflake that when confronted with the truth sinks back to his own little echo chamber with his Russian comrades

I saw recently that you repost frequently as "we".

Did your supra alter ego met some Russian comrades...?

If yes, we need to adapt the program of this group therapy as per DSM-5 cluster B.

Just now, Thorgal said:

Did your supra alter ego met some Russian comrades...?

If yes, we need to adapt the program of this group therapy as per DSM-5 cluster B.

First time somebody said they were putting me on ignore then replies to my post...............lol

Feel free to quote all those frequent posts......

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, transam said:

Another Hamas supporter, welcome aboard, there are a couple from your club on this thread....:drunk:

I get tagged as Hamas supporter it seems, but just seeing both sides. Both 3  sides have their arguments. It does seem though when an Israeli child dies v a Palestinian child media and groups and countries acts differently. Israelis are on a high platform pissing on Palestinians while Hamas and others look for reason to condemn Israel.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

First time somebody said they were putting me on ignore then replies to my post...............lol

Feel free to quote all those frequent posts......

It's not advisable to be confronted, but you've asked yourself : (from the last +/-10 pages, I've better things to do...)

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308598-israel-is-at-war/?do=findComment&comment=18471664

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308598-israel-is-at-war/?do=findComment&comment=18471668

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308598-israel-is-at-war/?do=findComment&comment=18473064

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308598-israel-is-at-war/?do=findComment&comment=18473810

Just now, Thorgal said:

Brilliant so out of 486 posts I've made on this topic you've confirmed that you are talking absolute crap by identifying "we" 4 times. I must use it more, it seems to be a word that's missing from my vocabulary more than is normal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Strange behavior. Mate, don't waste your time with them, they need psychological help, or perhaps they should practice their religion to deflate their ego.

• Love It 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Brilliant so out of 486 posts I've made on this topic you've confirmed that you are talking absolute crap by identifying "we" 4 times. I must use it more, it seems to be a word that's missing from my vocabulary more than is normal.

There was only 5 to 10% of your 486 posts in the last 10 pages that I've checked.

Can you find "my Russian comrades" or your alter ego...?

That was actually the point you've raised that I'm biased with Russian influencers or connections...???

Just now, Thorgal said:

There was only 5 to 10% of your 486 posts in the last 10 pages that I've checked.

Can you find "my Russian comrades" or your alter ego...?

That was actually the point you've raised that I'm biased with Russian influencers or connections...???

Go away troll with your off topic nonsense, you've already been caught out this morning with your links. Slink back to your Russian mates

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Strange behavior. Mate, don't waste your time with them, they need psychological help, or perhaps they should practice their religion to deflate their ego.

OK, I will follow your good advice Mr. Neeranam.

Case closed.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

The allegation of 'collective punishment' will be addressed by legal process - for the meantime I disagree with your argument. From various media reports hospitals in Gaza are unable to address the care of the injured and critically ill. If interested members can reference below yesterday a number of cancer patients have died due to insufficient fuel at a hospital; URL below...

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/gazas-only-cancer-hospital-goes-out-service-health-officials-2023-11-01/

I suggest patient deaths will be increasing specifically due to the Israeli blockade. The Israeli government, IMO, are holding the general public in Gaza as hostages as an attempt to influence HAMAS decision makers. So far as I know the general public have zero power to change HAMAS decision making. As has been reported by media a number of Western governments have been counselling Israel their current stance could well backfire politically for ongoing Western support though I'm fairly certain that any negative outcomes for Israel will be limited.

There were such warning about imminent shutdown of hospitals since the first few days of the attack. How much of that actually happened? Same for the assessment about food and water running out.

There is fuel in the Gaza Strip. It is controlled by the local government, namely Hamas. Somehow there aren't many demands leveled at them to do something about it. There are at least three recordings released by the IDF (some posted on these topics) of Hamas men discussing issues regarding to fuel, some with medical staff/management.

If Gazans specifically, and Palestinians in general (also, by extension, Arab/Muslim states) are so concerned about the situation how come they do not air their complaints and grievances vs. Hamas? 

I suggest that Hamas holds the population hostage, and the population plays along with it.

Palestinians demonstrated they can resist, protest, carry out attacks and be outspoken when it comes to Israel. How come they are 'helpless' vs. Hamas?