ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

34 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Again, with the Pavlovian "nitpicking" response. Amnesty has repeatedly demonstrated its bone fides throughout the world when it comes to armed conflicts. As that article of theirs concerning Hamas shows. Short of a rant, could their condemnation have been any stronger? Or are you going to await some impendent official confirmation of those actions by Hamas as well?

But if you think such caution is warranted, I guess you're going to have to wait on a judgement of whose bomb landed on that hospital in Gaza. I personally think the evidence is overwhelming that it was some Palestinian force that is responsible. But maybe that's just me and my low standards speaking.

Not 'Pavlovian'. It's what you do on many topics and it's the way you 'debate'. Nothing new.

You can go on about Amnesty being pure as snow, and all that. We've been over such things in the past, not seeing the need to rehash it to address one of your trolling/derailing attempts.

I'm not suggesting that all comments on war crimes are unfounded, or that all are equally suspect.

You keep trying to put words in my mouth, and that's understandable, seeing as you haven't got much to go on, but still need to put in a word.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Strange behavior. Mate, don't waste your time with them, they need psychological help, or perhaps they should practice their religion to deflate their ego.

And yet, you seem happy enough to keep on 'wasting' your time on here....

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

I get tagged as Hamas supporter it seems, but just seeing both sides. Both 3  sides have their arguments. It does seem though when an Israeli child dies v a Palestinian child media and groups and countries acts differently. Israelis are on a high platform pissing on Palestinians while Hamas and others look for reason to condemn Israel.

I dismiss all that, an attack mainly on civilians was made by the governing body of Gaza, intensionally killing young and old alike...

For me, end of story, smash the army until they are no more.

Civilians in ANY war take a hit, WWII is a good example, Germany just flattened Europe, civilian casualties were horrendous, but sadly for the German civilians, their turn would come.

To me, the German & Hamas wars are similar, started by fruitcakes with big ideas......

• Like 1

Just now, coolcarer said:

Read it it’s all there, read it’s denial of Oct 7th. Read the other false article, jeez, you supply a link and don’t know what it is.

Please quote anything antisemetic or false news. It's quite simple, use 'cut and paste'. Otherwise stop shouting 'antisemitic' at anything you disagree with.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Morch said:

There were such warning about imminent shutdown of hospitals since the first few days of the attack. How much of that actually happened? Same for the assessment about food and water running out.

There is fuel in the Gaza Strip. It is controlled by the local government, namely Hamas. Somehow there aren't many demands leveled at them to do something about it. There are at least three recordings released by the IDF (some posted on these topics) of Hamas men discussing issues regarding to fuel, some with medical staff/management.

If Gazans specifically, and Palestinians in general (also, by extension, Arab/Muslim states) are so concerned about the situation how come they do not air their complaints and grievances vs. Hamas? 

I suggest that Hamas holds the population hostage, and the population plays along with it.

Palestinians demonstrated they can resist, protest, carry out attacks and be outspoken when it comes to Israel. How come they are 'helpless' vs. Hamas?

So far as I know HAMAS discussion are primarily brokered via Egypt/Qatar. Would be fascinating to know the give and take for the exit of hundreds of foreign passport holders via the Southern Gaza border. I assume there are numerous political issues for the Muslim world not to specifically critique HAMAS in the open, rather blame Israel because of it's policies. Naturally there is no justification for the mass murder of civilians. It's interesting that worldwide only 44 nations have openly condemned HAMAS.

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/international-reactions-hamas-attack-israel

I presume it would be a death sentence for Gazans to openly protest against HAMAS. Don't known the  response in the West Bank, though I assume there are numerous HAMAS operatives there.

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

So far as I know HAMAS discussion are primarily brokered via Egypt/Qatar. Would be fascinating to know the give and take for the exit of hundreds of foreign passport holders via the Southern Gaza border. I assume there are numerous political issues for the Muslim world not to specifically critique HAMAS in the open, rather blame Israel because of it's policies. Naturally there is no justification for the mass murder of civilians. It's interesting that worldwide only 44 nations have openly condemned HAMAS.

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/international-reactions-hamas-attack-israel

I presume it would be a death sentence for Gazans to openly protest against HAMAS. Don't known the  response in the West Bank, though I assume there are numerous HAMAS operatives there.

Palestinians are willing to risk death while 'resisting' Israel. Not so much when it comes to Hamas.

Hamas tried to send fighters to Egypt in ambulances for wounded Gazans — US officia

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-tried-to-send-fighters-to-egypt-in-ambulances-for-wounded-gazans-us-official/l

Something I mentioned as a major Israeli concern on several posts.

There are other reports (not sure if the relate to the exact same ambulances) about Israel attacking an ambulance convoy in Gaza. Claim being it was used by Hamas as transport. Wouldn't be a first time Hamas did that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Another snowflake that when confronted with the truth sinks back to his own little echo chamber with his Russian comrades

I posted a few pages back relating to him asking why members are having a go at him. I pointed out some of his posts were untrue and made up to deflect from him being caught spreading misleading information. He failed to respond to these comments which only shows us his intentions to carry on disrupting the thread instead of owning up to his remarks which are untrue.

Edited by BarraMarra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

The US is the key to peace. Why don't the US want peace, is it oil again?

The US is not the key to peace. That will have to come from rational actors on the two opposing sides. Hamas is never going to be part of that, and I have my doubts about Netanyahu.

I used to work this issue as part of the foreign policy arm of the USG. Unless things have changed, the US goal is three fold:

1) Help Israel so that it will continue to exist

2) Try to minimize all innocent deaths

3) Work toward all sides accepting a Two State solution, even if it will never happen and the US is just playing Sisyphus.

Perhaps a new goal nowadays is to keep Iran out of it as much as possible, hoping to buy time until the mullahs die and Iran enters a new phase of its existence, which ideally falls in that middle ground between the brutal autocracy of the Shah and the fanaticism of the mullahs. The youth of Iran certainly desire that.

Yes, the US does want the flow of oil to continue, and that sometimes means walking a thin line so that the oil-producing monarchies don't do a 1974 again, but things have change even with that. The US has been content to accept/promote the dissolute lifestyle so many Gulf monarchies have adopted, because that gives them a reason to stay out of the Palestinian-Israeli issue in any meaningful way, save for words. Before the US invasion of Iraq, many who opposed the invasion argued that Saddam was no actual threat, and was content to live out the rest of his life enjoying "booze, broads and palaces". That also describes the leaders of the other Gulf monarchies.

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Morch said:

A few posts back you claim not to get what it's about, now you seem fully acquainted with it.

Just saying.

There are a few things that I'm baffled by. One is why the IDF were seemingly asleep at the wheel, and then it took hours to respond to the break-out. Some say it was Israel's over-reliance on AI. Some say it is because the PM needed deflection. Some say it is part of the big plan to get all Muslims out of Israel. Some say it is because of the huge gas reserves in the area. Some say it's because the US gave them the wink and nod.

So Morch; you are right. I don't know what's behind it all. But I'm reading the posts and trying to get a grasp on things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Antisemitic conspiracy website promoting all sorts of fake news, even denying some of the atrocities that happened on the 7th Oct. I do hope your Rabbi friend doesn’t know you visit and promote such misinformation. 

It is also not a reputable site and not allowed on here as only links from reputable sources are allowed.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Please explain what is antisemitic about that article. There is nothing there that I would say is so.

Seems to be pro Hamas making claims with no evidence, what they say happened is like claiming that 9/11 was an inside job. Totally wacko and biased. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Please explain what is antisemitic about that article. There is nothing there that I would say is so.

Please explain the obvious? This is not kindergarden. Your denials are not working. The evidence is in front of your eyes. Then again not sure you could do that when you’ve already stated that Vivek Ramaswamys antisemitic remarks were done in context. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Morch said:

No, that's not what you're doing at all.

There are different explanations, they are not all the same, nor do all rely on reason or reliable information.

In the post above you manages to allude to three conspiracy theories, and hint at another.

That about describes your posting style and posting history on these matters.

You're not here to 'learn' or 'grasp' anything.

I have 'style'. Always thought I did. Thanks Morch mate.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Please explain the obvious? This is not kindergarden. Your denials are not working. The evidence is in front of your eyes. Then again not sure you could do that when you’ve already stated that Vivek Ramaswamys antisemitic remarks were done in context. 

Yes, if you can't that's OK too. I am denying nothing. I said I can't see anything in the article that is antisemitic like you claim. Now, you can't say what is antisemitic, because there in nothing there.

7 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Comprehension problems? This is not a kindergarden I said. I even provided independent expert proof of the author. Ask your Rabbi friend to read it and let me know what he says………..

Sorry, I didn't find any antisemitic subjects in this link.

Can you elaborate which are the antisemitic parts ? Just 1 or 2 is enough.

"I find this antisemitic for reasons" is not acceptable because we can't do mind reading...