Former Thai Ambassador to Denmark murdered

webfact

image.jpeg

Former Ambassador of the Kingdom of Thailand to Denmark, H.E. Vichit Chitvimarn was on Saturday 7 October 2023 found murdered in a villa he had owned for a while but just recently moved into on Viphavadee Road in Bangkok.

According to AmarinTV 34, Mr. Chitvimarn was found in the bathroom by workers who were asked to do some renovation. His body was covered with empty moving boxes from his recent move less than a month ago to the villa. Police found that he had been stabbed to death with three stab wounds to his chest. Blood was also found on the stairs leading up to the bathroom on the second floor of the villa.

image.jpeg

According to AmarinTV 34, the police found evidence on surveillance TV recordings from the compound, that Mr. Chitvimarn had on the 27th of September come home in the company of what seemed to be an Asian man of foreign nationality. On the 28th of September, the same Asian man was seen leaving the compound alone. An attempt to withdraw money from Mr. Chitvimarn’s bank account was also being investigated.

At this point, this man is the main suspect that the police is looking for.

by Gregers Møller

TOP: Ruamkatanyu Foundation workers collecting the cardboard boxes that covered the victim’s body. Photo: Sanook.com

Full story: ScandAsia 2023-10-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Theft Likely Motive In Murder Of Former Ambassador
by Staff Comment

image.jpeg.a6499d4c49cf5f1b42778e4285378

ALTHOUGH two teenagers were questioned about the murder of a former ambassador to Denmark after his stabbed body was found a second-floor bathroom of his house in Vibhavadi Soi 20 this morning (Oct.8) police said it is unlikely they murdered him as they have evidence pointing to a thief to have done so, Sanook.com said.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Noppasin Poolsawat, deputy chief of Metropolitan Police, personally inspected the crime scene where the body of Mr. Vichit Chitvimarn, 63, was found in the bathroom stabbed in the chest three times and covered with some cardboard boxes.

Police were alerted by a neighbour to check the house after getting a foul smell from there. They then got in touch with the contractor who was working on an extension and had the keys to the property.

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2023-10-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

"Asian man of foreign nationality" - H.E. must have had an excellent CCTV set-up or the police some staff with eagle eyes. Very relaxing is - after all - that it, by all accounts, was not a Thai citizen committing the crime ........ 

"Asian man of foreign nationality" - let that sink in for a moment ???? 

• Confused 2

Migrant worker sought for the murder of former Thai envoy

image.jpeg

Bangkok police are to seek an arrest warrant for a migrant worker from a neighbouring country on suspicion of killing the former Thai ambassador to Denmark at his townhouse in Vibhavadi Rangsit Soi 20 in Bangkok.

Pol Maj-Gen Atthaphon Anusit, commander of the 2nd division of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, told the media that he believes the suspect is still in Thailand.

Police said that the first and second floors of the house had been ransacked, suggesting that the murder was motivated by robbery.

According to Sutthisan police, the victim was only identified as “Wichit”, a former ambassador to Denmark. His body was found in the bathroom on the second floor, covered by several cardboard boxes. He had been stabbed in the chest with a knife and two blood-stained kitchen knives were found in the kitchen on the ground floor.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-10-09

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Of course, it couldn't possibly be a Thai. 

11 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

"Asian man of foreign nationality" - let that sink in for a moment

One thing i really like about the Thais is they dont carry on with all this woke, bleeding heart PC nonsense. 

The suspect is a foreigner and can be described as such.

Keeping it real. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Goat said:

One thing i really like about the Thais is they dont carry on with all this woke, bleeding heart PC nonsense. 

The suspect is a foreigner and can be described as such.

Keeping it real. 

Well, if the minister of public health refers to caucasians as "dirty farang" ........ You certainly got that right; no political correctness manure here - to which I fully and wholeheartedly agree.

Avoids misunderstandings in a country, which is usually known for misunderstandings ???? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Sydebolle said:

Well, if the minister of public health refers to caucasians as "dirty farang" ........ You certainly got that right; no political correctness manure here - to which I fully and wholeheartedly agree.

Avoids misunderstandings in a country, which is usually known for misunderstandings ???? 

Tend to agree with the good minister Anutin.

He was handing out free masks during a pandemic to put on and the entitled farangs were the only ones refusing them. An attack on their human rights apparently.

And the only people i come across living here who stink of body ordour have been farangs. Especially noticible at hotel breakfast buffets and in bank queues.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 Thai teenagers suspected of murdering former diplomat
by Petch Petpailin

image.jpeg
Photo via Facebook/ บิ๊กเกรียน

Royal Thai Police detained two Thai teenagers following the murder of a former Thai diplomat. The teenagers, aged 15 and 17, were the last people to visit the former diplomat’s home before his dead body was discovered.

The dead body of 63 year old Wichit Chitwimarn was discovered in a three-storey luxury house on Soi Vibhawadee-Rangsit 20 in Bangkok’s Chatuchak district yesterday morning, October 8. Wichit was a former ambassador to the Royal Thai Embassy in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Wichit was found dead in a bathroom on the second floor of the house with three stab wounds to his chest. His body was covered with three paper boxes. It was reported that he had been dead a week before his discovery.

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-09

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Goat said:

He was handing out free masks during a pandemic to put on and the entitled farangs were the only ones refusing them. An attack on their human rights apparently.

And the only people i come across living here who stink of body ordour have been farangs. Especially noticible at hotel breakfast buffets and in bank queues.

Anutin's remark was made in Chiang Mai, while his populistic face-exposing road show stint handing out face masks in downtown Bangkok was simply not understood by the alien. I never take any handout of anybody in public, be it around the BTS or shopping centres and, in all fairness, Anutin is not as well-known and recognizeable as i.e. Elvis Presley or Mahatma Ghandi - just yet! I might have given it a miss simply because if I believe in face masks, then I am getting there without handouts. 

Thais are very clean on themselves, correct - and that's where matter ends. Aliens (South Asians in particular) have at times unpleasant body odor related to their cuisine of preference and some, no smokes about that, could take two showers a day. Thai toilets have not scored top prizes either so let's leave it, where it belongs. There are cleaner and less clean people - little one can do about it! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Royal Thai Police detained two Thai teenagers following the murder of a former Thai diplomat. The teenagers, aged 15 and 17, were the last people to visit the former diplomat’s home before his dead body was discovered.

Home grown killers...

3 hours ago, Goat said:

That includes yourself as well then.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

"Asian man of foreign nationality" - H.E. must have had an excellent CCTV set-up or the police some staff with eagle eyes. Very relaxing is - after all - that it, by all accounts, was not a Thai citizen committing the crime ........ 

"Asian man of foreign nationality" - let that sink in for a moment ???? 

First, the CCTV is from the compound not his home. Second, the foreign man was "seen" leaving alone. Presumably the compound has security and they noticed the guy. Third, there are many asian nationalities which are easy to distinguish from Thai. e.g., indian, pakistani, kazakh, should I go on?

Carry on with your sinking... or should that be rather thinking, like in a famous ad.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I would hazard a guess he was inviting men for company ...if you get my meaning ????

True. Perhaps someone on high places knew his proclivities and the 'foreign'  killer will never be found 

• Thumbs Up 1