Thai truck driver shot in Israel during Hamas attack, contact lost

webfact

image.jpeg

A 28 year old woman, Supattra Asanok, of Nong Song Hong District, Khon Kaen, revealed a shocking incident involving her 26 year old husband, Phadung Butmo. Phadung, originally from Kham Mueang District, Khon Kaen, currently works as an agricultural goods truck driver in Israel. He was shot in the back and right buttock during a Hamas attack on Israel.

He sent pictures of himself holding war ammunition and images of soldiers protecting the labour camp to his wife before losing contact. His condition is currently unknown.

Supattra said that her husband has been working in Israel for a year and five months in a five-year employment contract.

Ever since he started working in Israel, he had been in touch every day, sending money home every month for his wife to build their home. He never complained about his living conditions or other troubles, only assuring that he was working hard to provide for the family.

by Samantha Rose

Photo: Sanook

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, bbko said:

if you choose to work in a country/area with unstable peace, you can expect problems. 

It's where the money is.... 

Probably doesn't seem that bad when you are there.....I was in Peru in early 90s and despite the warnings felt safe.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

not blaming the victim,  but common sense says certain places are dangerous to work,  should i risk it.

Not completely about Israel or Thailand ... but that is how I felt when I was gainfully employed and had to work in certain parts of Philadelphia or Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, or in Newark New Jersey.  I am now retired and no longer have to work in those cities.   

Since certain political party politicians are in control of Philadelphia, which is about 35 minute drive from where I live and I still have to go there on occasion, Philadelphia is more dangerous than it was before.   

That political party supports hamas and the palastinians, and have disparaged Israel many times in the past,  perhaps they are cheerleading (in private you know) what is now happening in Israel!

Edited by radiochaser
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Reading the Hebrew news, there are more than a few Thais that got massacred on the Gaza borders, and with a current figures of 700 dead so far and many more to come...

My wife just said 12 dead Thai's must have been on the TV 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I am seeing reports on youtube news channels that more than 1000 are dead from the hamas terror attacks.   I read someplace on the inter web that, if you compare the number of people living in Israel to the number of people living in the United States, then, 20 dead in Israel is equivalent to 1000 dead in the United States!

If true, then the equivalent death toll in a country with a population the size of the United States, from a terror attack, would be 50,000 dead!

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Dont exaggerate, 

Ok, how frequent are the bombings then? Sure as s$&% 100 times more that Bangkok, Pattaya, CM combined,

• Sad 2

58 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh really, I don't take the p_ss out of a bloke who may be dead......

But YOU carry on..............:ermm:

Wheres your one liner cheap shot at the blokes expense then........?

If you consider my previous post(s) as taking the p_ss out of the bloke, you are a sensitive one Sally.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It's where the money is.... 

Probably doesn't seem that bad when you are there.....I was in Peru in early 90s and despite the warnings felt safe.

I was out in Libyia when things went south.. my salary doubled to stay.

Just keep your head down and be wise.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

What a smug comment.....many people don't have a choice!!

They were hardly forced to work in Israel, though.

And it's not a first, plus many times workers come from the same area.

I think at some level they are aware of the danger.