20 Thais believed killed in Gaza, 14 kidnapped, over 5,000 want to return home

webfact

image.jpeg

Two more Thai workers have been killed in Israel, bringing the death toll to 20, while the number of those injured and abducted has risen to 13 and 14 respectively, Kanchana Patarachoke, director-general of the Information Department of the Thai Foreign Ministry, said today (Wednesday).

She also said that the number of Thais seeking to return to Thailand has now increased to 5,019 and 19 have announced their intention to remain in Israel.

Regarding the report in The Times of Israel, that 14 Thais have been found and rescued by Israeli forces, Kanchana said that they are a separate group who are not among the 14 who were reported to have been held hostage by Hamas.

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin said in his X post Tuesday night that the Thai government has made arrangements to charter commercial flights and to fly Royal Thai Air Force (RATF) planes to Israel to repatriate Thais there.

TOP: Soldiers stand in front of an Israeli police station that was damaged during battles to dislodge Hamas militants who were stationed inside, on October 8, 2023. / AFP

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-10-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

They tried that once but it didn't work.  As James Clapper, former director of the CIA, said on CNN this morning, this attack is the result of the 16 long blockade of a small enclave of 2.3 million people, 40% of whom are youth. Whatever they have tried, they always create new  generations of angry young men eager for revenge for what they see, rightly or wrongly, as the occupation of their land by interlopers who came from elsewhere and forced them out of their towns and villages in Palestine and drove them to live in Gaza. Now the IDF will go in to Gaza and fight Hamas dug in and well prepared for urban warfare on its own turf, while Israeli intelligence has been asleep at the switch, automating much of the intelligence gathering and processing, so as to make it easy for Hamas to fool them into thinking nothing was happening.  Having taken 3 days to dislodge Hamas terrorists from Southern Israel, I think this is gonna be a tough fight and will probably not end in re-annexation and "cleansing" before Western opinion forces Israel to quit military operations in such a crowded civilian enclave, as in the past. BTW I absolutely deplore Hamas, as does I am sure James Clapper, but we have to face reality that it is an intractable problem. 

Disagree, we have to fix it  NOW, whatever  the cost. Anything else would be deadly procrastination for us, who BTW are  the  rightful owners of this place.

Also, Clapper is senile. Even  older than Biden.

Edited by Ben Zioner

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I believe they were in Israel rather than Gaza... kidnapped and taken there.

How could the prisoners get out to kidnap people?

And why would they go back to prison after they got out?

That makes no sense. 

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Not this  time, Gaza will be annexed and cleansed.

'Cleansed'? 

I hope you and I never, ever meet. 

You and I are both human, and as such we often morally stumble in our way forward. Many times I've taken questionable positions that I've unconvincingly used to justify my foolish remarks or actions. Mea culpa big time, but I've always figured it out right in the end with some honest reflection....and maybe at cost.

The Palestinians trapped by Israel, in Gaza, are NOT stains on the floor to be 'cleansed' and wiped off. Only bloodstains perhaps, and those stains are already getting the world attention the Israeli-lovin' western msm can't hide.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Morch said:

Nonsense.

No one of consequence in Israel, not even the far right members of the already right wing government offers that.

It is the only way forward though. And if you are so  smart, you should know  it. Hamas has just given  us a narrow window of opportunity to eliminate the Palestinian problem. We only have to respond in kind, power 10.

1 minute ago, Ben Zioner said:

It is the only way forward though. And if you are so  smart, you should know  it. Hamas has just given  us a narrow window of opportunity to eliminate the Palestinian problem. We only have to respond in kind, power 10.

There is no 'us'. You speak for no one. If you're such a badass, go and join the troops.

Again, not even the extreme elements in Netanyahu's government spew this kind of talk.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, kickstart said:

I know a good few Thais who have worked in the middle east over the years ,they have said they have done all right.

Yes, my Mrs' sister met her Thai husband there and their time working set them up for when they returned. My Mrs got their youngest for some years. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

How could the prisoners get out to kidnap people?

And why would they go back to prison after they got out?

That makes no sense. 

What are you talking about. Hamas fighters broke through the border barriers onto Israeli territory, murdered and kidnapped and took hostages back into Gaza......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Sounds like Hitler ...

Dunno  who sounds like Hitler, you are supportive of the cold blooded murder of a thousand  Jews.  This was the first Pogrom since WW2. 

Now, in my post "cleansing" referred to all the extremist groups and potential sympathisers, no more than 50000. The government won't have any choice as neither the Israeli people nor the Diaspora can accept another Pogrom.

5 hours ago, shackleton said:

There will never peace there a two state solution won't work ???? 

While Hamas  is around recruiting the fed up young Palestinians with  no jobs and  no future ????

What's the solution ???? 

Whatever they do, they should not use some of the billions in aid to employ some the fed-up young Palestinians with no jobs to develop Palestine. Just continue beheading babies, raping women, and murdering as many Jews as possible until Isael surrenders. 

The celebratory videos are a nice touch and should help secure support from other antisemites from around the world.