New Police Hairstyle Regulations on the Horizon

webfact

1 hour ago, Jiggo said:

Three sided haircut 

Short Back and Sides in my day....and that was for school.

And in early 60s, a Square Neck was allowed, but not by my Mum & Dad. 'you look like one of them Beatles or Rolling Stoners' they would argue. I went on to be a pro muso for 50 years! 

10 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

The country that is obsessed with everyone (e.g. police, students) having the same haircut, but unable to standardise visa requirements at their provincial Immigration offices...

The keyboard warrior who has to bash the country of which he is a guest at every possible opportunity.

• Confused 1

So new, improved haircuts on the way, new, improved uniforms on the way, but nothing on the way for new, improved actual police work being done.  I'm going to call total bull on the following, which I am shocked and awed that anyone could have uttered with a straight face:

The adjustments are seen not just as a mere change in grooming standards but a step forward in enhancing the adaptability and responsiveness of the Thai police force amidst diverse and dynamic challenges.

16 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

The country that is obsessed with everyone (e.g. police, students) having the same haircut, but unable to standardise visa requirements at their provincial Immigration offices...

The proverbial Thai paradox and it's offshoots. 

To those taking the Mickey out of the police. This is a change in regulation that has been seized upon and blown out of proportion by the media. It's no big deal. The police are just moving forward to a less military style. Probably allowed because a civil government rather than a military Junta is in charge now.

On 10/12/2023 at 1:41 PM, klauskunkel said:

Oh look, it's the long awaited police reform!

They're starting with the BIG stuff, and then working their way down the list of priorities...

Next up... what color paper towels to use in station bathrooms -- regular white or neutral beige...