Israel's options don't look good - but a full-scale military campaign in the near future is inevitable

Social Media

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

Saudi recognition of Israel would be a game changer for the whole Middle East.

Nearly impossible as long as the current Iranian regime exists and has the ability to fund its cause of disruption with the steadfast resolve of “Death to America” “Death to Israelites”

1 hour ago, Morch said:

I would associate the long term thinking more with Iranian influence, also having similar interests.

This would certainly require a regime change without any influence from China and Russia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Morch said:

Luckily, my happiness does not depend on what some random, anonymous person posts on the internet,

As to what you posted: Just instant waffle. Self defense, for example, is acceptable.

But we all know Israels 'self defence' angle is rubbish.  

Things are not looking good economically for israel. The thousands of reservists are not working now and they need to be paid. Tourism is dead.

Will the US taxpayer have to prop up israel? Oh dear, what a shame.

https://www.calcalistech.com/ctechnews/article/hysk3zxba

From a macroeconomic perspective, this latest war has threatened the Israeli economy and society in a way not seen since the Yom Kippur War in 1973

https://www.timesofisrael.com/war-with-hamas-to-cost-israel-at-least-nis-27-billion-bank-hapoalim-projects/

The cost of the war between Israel and the Hamas terror group is estimated to be at least NIS 27 billion ($6.8 billion) as of now, according to initial projections by Bank Hapoalim.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/shekel-tumbles-to-7-year-low-of-3-87-against-the-dollar/

The weakening Israeli shekel took a further dive on Wednesday, dropping to 3.87 against the US dollar, its lowest rate in seven years.

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

You just dont want to understand do you?

Oh, I do understand. I understand that you've taken a side and that's that.

And if that's not enough, it apparently comes also with full absolution for pretty much anything.

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

But we all know Israels 'self defence' angle is rubbish.  

'We' do not. You do not speak for any 'we'.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Things are not looking good economically for israel. The thousands of reservists are not working now and they need to be paid. Tourism is dead.

Will the US taxpayer have to prop up israel? Oh dear, what a shame.

https://www.calcalistech.com/ctechnews/article/hysk3zxba

From a macroeconomic perspective, this latest war has threatened the Israeli economy and society in a way not seen since the Yom Kippur War in 1973

https://www.timesofisrael.com/war-with-hamas-to-cost-israel-at-least-nis-27-billion-bank-hapoalim-projects/

The cost of the war between Israel and the Hamas terror group is estimated to be at least NIS 27 billion ($6.8 billion) as of now, according to initial projections by Bank Hapoalim.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/shekel-tumbles-to-7-year-low-of-3-87-against-the-dollar/

The weakening Israeli shekel took a further dive on Wednesday, dropping to 3.87 against the US dollar, its lowest rate in seven years.

War is always costly. This one wasn't Israel's choice, though. And can't be helped, either. No government would seat idle after such an attack. Israeli economy will surely take a hit, but is robust enough to come through.

As usual, no consideration of how this applies to the Palestinians - as in, all them tens of thousands Palestinians normally working in Israel, and bringing in higher salaries. Not to mention the cost of the destruction visited on the Gaza Strip, the death toll, and obviously the people of Gaza not working either at this time. For the Palestinian side, things will be much harsher, even from this angle.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Morch said:

Oh, I do understand. I understand that you've taken a side and that's that.

And if that's not enough, it apparently comes also with full absolution for pretty much anything.

'We' do not. You do not speak for any 'we'.

Understanding and absolution are not similar. And that applies to both sides.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Understanding and absolution are not similar. And that applies to both sides.

Normally, yes. Not sure about this case, though.

Some actions go beyond understanding. There could have been many ways to carry this attack without deliberate wholesale murder of innocents. They planned it meticulously for months, practiced for it. They knew what will come later, and deliberately did not prepare for it.

17 minutes ago, Morch said:

Some actions go beyond understanding. There could have been many ways to carry this attack without deliberate wholesale murder of innocents. They planned it meticulously for months, practiced for it. They knew what will come later, and deliberately did not prepare for it.

I think you do understand these actions, the latter part of your post indicates that. 

Maybe too cruel to comprehend? Too cruel for my moral compass as well to comprehend.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When I was in Saudi I discovered that the reason for the Muslim antipathy against Jews is because the Jews massacred Muslims not long after Islam was created.

Where did u get this from Jews massacred Muslims

From History of Islam In the early days of Islam in Mecca, pre-Islamic Arabia, the new Muslims were frequently subjected to abuse and persecution by the Meccans (also called Mushrikun by Muslims), a polytheistic Arab tribal confederation.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

No.

This didn't make any sense whatsoever. I can understand their hatred toward Israel, and the motivations to their past attacks and where they come from. This one, other than the moral angle, doesn't even start to make sense. All their goals could have been achieved without it, and with greater effect. It is no tit-for-tat, it is not payback, it's evil.

I think it's the reaction they're looking for. A really, really bad reaction and to make it look as bad as possible they didn't prepare for it. 

Higher politics with thousands as expandable pawns to in the end make Israel the bad boy here to as many others as possible, especially the Arab world . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Actually it's entirely understandable and is nothing new. History is littered with similar events.

Make people hate enough and the result is as seen. Is the bombing of a defenseless people in Gaza not similar with hundreds of children blown to bits, despite being carried out from high up in the sky, rather than face to face? In a previous intifada, israeli soldiers broke the bones of boys for throwing stones- every time they did so they created someone willing to murder innocents in israel.

Hate just goes round and round. The israelis humiliate Gazans and Gazans kill israelis, then israelis blow children to bits, which makes millions of Arabs hate israel, which will result in..............................

The whirlwind is coming.

The world is watching and the world will not forget.

I disagree that they have not prepared. I'm sure they have prepared well for the land invasion.

• Love It 1

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I think it's the reaction they're looking for. A really, really bad reaction and to make it look as bad as possible they didn't prepare for it. 

Higher politics with thousands as expandable pawns to in the end make Israel the bad boy here to as many others as possible, especially the Arab world . 

The part about the Hamas stance vs. the Israel response is actually the part I can 'understand'. It makes a sort of twisted sense, from their point of view. Immoral, for sure, but there's some internal logic to it. The barbaric attack, though? Nope.

15 minutes ago, stevenl said:

and israel has behaved exactly as they expected.

It is happening slowly, but more people around the world are becoming revolted by israel's siege of Gaza, and it's going to bite them really hard, IMO.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and israel has behaved exactly as they expected.

It is happening slowly, but more people around the world are becoming revolted by israel's siege of Gaza, and it's going to bite them really hard, IMO.

"but more people around the world are becoming revolted by israel's siege of Gaza," says you!!  and totally incorrect,  the world is abhorrent to the hamas slaughter of babys, and the photos of palestinian kids spitting on Israil dead bodys

• Love It 2

19 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That is interesting to hear .

What preparations have they made in Gaza for the forthcoming visit by the IDF ?

It looks like the Hamas intention is to create as many civilian casualties as possible.

• Like 1

1984 meets Alice in wonderland where up is down and down is up.

People are displaced, their property is confiscated, their are placed in the world's largest concentration camp, ad when the react , they are the terrorists. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1